Khainite Shadowstalkers

Kaleun

In Warcry there is a new Warband previewed! The Khainite Shadowstalkers, which seem to be the first encounter we get with maybe Malerions dark kin!

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2020/04/games-workshop-preview-3-warcry-gets-a-new-warband.html

1.PNG.31f17d1cc3aec57c97b22d4f9035c01f.PNG

I am a Dark Elve fanatic and those Repeater Crossbows are great. Overall they look like two assassines or Shades combined with a sorceress.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I actually think that these models are a great indicator to what basic Shadow Aelves (Malerion‘s as well) will look like.

They fit the style of Mistweaver Saih and they‘re refreshing the already unique old dark elven style.

They mix elegant, dynamic Shadow effects with smart designs that make them feel new, alien yet very pleasing to the eye.

apparently this is just a 3-Model preview of a 10 Model Warband.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sttufe said:

These guys look great I might get them just for Warcry, could not be happier. Now I am dreaming of an allied force of Lumineth and Malerion, (I don't like the DoK much) and have them as the 2nd opposition to my dorfs.

235DD691-A662-4B14-B55B-C242507BC2E7.jpeg.625ad86ad3e2e33eb6c041b370956650.jpeg

You have a Villager army!? Where from!? 🤣

sorry, I just had to

• Haha 5

They are 100% Daughters of Khaine and probably have nothing to do with Malerion. Malerion has nothing to do with Khaine whatsoever. 

Don't get it why people want desperately them to have something to do with Malerion when clearly they are Morathi'****** squad. 

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 1

I really like the models. They have me excited. They also show far more of a classic Druchii look along with an additional Ulgu style/theme. To me these could play a similar role to that of the cipher lords in while not being direct 1 for 1 match of the Lumineth does certainly tease design elements. So it could be hinting at an expanded Daughters range, or as many people are hoping for the link between Morathi and Malerion. Of course that is all from a meta/design perspective along with a heavy dose of speculation and wishlisting. 

I have to say when I first saw these models revealed I was ecstatic. The melding of classic Druchii, with Daughters of Khaine symbols, and style, with a fair bit of Ulgu (Along with a liberal inspiration from the Drukhari range in 40k) and I just love the aesthetic of the models. Only thing that could make me love them more is some plate armor on them (which doesn't fit the faction so I'll forgive it)

Duel Crossbows/Magic and Blade had me VERY excited. As well as the clear Shade styling going on. I'm also REALLY curious what the main guy/girl's weapons are made of. They seem to be stone. Could they by the realmstone of Ulgu? I don't see Aelves using stone weapons otherwise. 

Please forgive my little rant here. I'm rather giddy for new Dark Elves.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DantePQ said:

They are 100% Daughters of Khaine and probably have nothing to do with Malerion. Malerion has nothing to do with Khaine whatsoever. 

Don't get it why people want desperately them to have something to do with Malerion when clearly they are Morathi'****** squad. 

It's not desperate. They're not explicitly Daughters of Khaine, as in the race of aelves, even if they are Khaine worshipers and led by Morathi.  Like, this warband has some buff dudes in it - and we all know that, outside of the warlocks, that's not really a thing for males born to Daughters or reconstituted from a soul by Morathi.

Clearly they can go around that lore. But these could also be aelves from Ulgu that just join the Khainite cult.

7 hours ago, DantePQ said:

They‘re just Aelves from the realm of shadow serving Morathi. Malerion‘s aelves are also from Ulgu, as I doubt he will field an entire army of mutant-beings I assume this is a pretty good hint towards the general art direction for Malerion‘s Aelves as well.

also didn‘t Malerion gift some assassins to Sigmar to cleanse Azyr from Chaos worshipers?

Edited by JackStreicher

55 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

also didn‘t Malerion gift some assassins to Sigmar to cleanse Azyr from Chaos worshipers?

I just wanted to right roughly this as an example. They are released in such a vacuum that the only thing we no that they are elves and worship Khaine. 
Narratively I could easily place them in DoK, shadow elves and free cities as well. Not to mention just changing the name and lore of the shadow blades slightly as their true allegiance becomes known with the release of Shadow elves.

point being with so little information if you feel yourself writing: 100% certain faction X, or absolutely not this, etc... well change it to I’m guessing. Because that’s what’s happening. 

have nothing against wishlisting and speculation btw, just don’t present it as fact  

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

have nothing against wishlisting and speculation btw, just don’t present it as fact  

Not a fact, just a guess based on the information we‘ve got:

Even for a race from a land of shadow and renowned for their innate stealth, these guys are sneaky![\Quote]

so yes, they‘re a Race from the realm of shadow = shadow aelves. (Race, not faction)

They worship Khaine and serve Morathi.

So I assume that these are a good indicator of the style for other shadow aelves.

ok lets do the hypothesis check.

What we know as a fact:

1. The Khainite Shadowstalkers are a Warcry Warband ("well thats an obvious one")
2. The name Khainite has its origins in the Khainite Assassines of the Druchii in the old world. The Khainite Assassines were newborn children taken away by witch elves in the death night. Some were never been seen again, but some made it through a hard education of becoming an Assassine. Those assassines were one key trademark of the Dark Elve armies.
3. The Khainite Shadowstalkers origin from Ulgu. This is the realm of Malerion, were also Morathi found home. 
4. In the Trailer they say "by Morathis will we were remade". The aelf souls were extracted by Tyrion, Teclis, Malerion and Morathi out of Slaaneshs belly to create their kin. 

Information we get out of the trailer:

1. We find the Druchii signiature weapon, the Repeater Crossbow in a new Design

"Van Helsing style"
VAN HELSING (2004) - Van Helsing's (Hugh Jackman) Hero Functioning ...

2. The design is of the models is very different to the Daughters of Khaine design line. We find shadowy cloaks and camparison to the Mistweaver of Warhammer Quest.

3. That silouette is a Witch elve by 95%!!

witch-aelves-shadowstalker.jpg

-> so obviously the Khainite Shadowstalkers are at least allied with the Daughers of Khaine, which are Morathis kin. 

4. Sword and armor design really remind me of my beloved Druchii

5. The logo:

1.PNG.f4acbbf4369e3426c9f382af100179b7.PNG

purple/black are the Dark Elve color scheme. We find an infinity symbol and a blood tear. The spikes also remind of Dark elves.

What can we assume:

Age of Sigmar - Neuigkeiten, Produktbilder und Gerüchte [No ...

After Teclis now having the lumineth realmlords, Malerion is the next aelfen release. Personally I think the Queen must make way for the King. 

• Like 1

One thing that is hard to tell is if the trio we see are male or female. Their faces would suggest several are more male or masculine, but that can be hard to tell with a well muscled aelf sculpt and with the clothing they are currently wearing. They are certainly more covered up and less showy than the Witch Aelves; they are also misty and shrouded in cloaks. 

Now we know that Morathi has been in the Shadow Realm for a long time and that she's likely got shadow beasts and other aspects at her command within the realm. So considering this is a secrete police group they might well be part of the Daughters of Khaine whilst being significantly different to the core temple and priest forces that we've seen thus far. 
They might also share more of the shadow and secret aspects, whilst most Witch Aelves are far more showy and brazen and not inclined to hide who and what they are. So if they are Morathi's secret secret police (remembering she's already got her melusai and khinerai) then having some visual design differences makes sense.

• Like 1

I love this aesthetic so much. I hope malerions elves are like this and coming soon because I would buy them in a heartbeat.

I've been brainstorming how to mix nighthaunt and tzeentch acolyte kits to make something like this for months but now it feels unnecessary. I should just wait for.more of this!

If these instead end up all daughters of khaine I may have to start that army instead...

7 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

I wonder if that guy in the middle is a male sorcerer. if so then maybe Malekith got over a "male wizard is going to kill me" problem he had in the old world.

Yeah! Malekith is very picky about that one.  No male sorcerers in the dark elven people except himself.

Some other Witchking was most certainly to "lightheaded"...

afdc1aa9f55758106c65f4f37150c4c1.jpg.4173d99ef75882862efe71ca6e84b1ff.jpg

On 4/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, Overread said:

One thing that is hard to tell is if the trio we see are male or female. Their faces would suggest several are more male or masculine, but that can be hard to tell with a well muscled aelf sculpt and with the clothing they are currently wearing. They are certainly more covered up and less showy than the Witch Aelves; they are also misty and shrouded in cloaks. 

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The middle one is female (imo) the right one could be female as well

It's really hard to say - the middle one is very androgynous. The hair could be either male or female. The headdress is historically more female (witch elf). There is a hint of under-boob - but this could just be an optical illusion.  And the leg pose is unusual for a female Aelf - reminds me more of the Tenebral shard (i.e more masculine) but again this could just be the camera angle.  The video spin is too dark to help.

I love this set and it'll be one of my instant buys but TBH I don't like the centre model so much - too much going on. I love the two assassins though!

Re: their allegiance - everything we have so far says Morathi again and again. I'm hungry for some Malerion Aelves but my gut is that this aint it. What they could be (given the new symbol and slightly different design) is something much more exciting. A hint that Warcry will do for Order and Destruction and Death what it did for the STD - multiple cultic mini factions. Imagine an offshoot of the IDK or KO or Sylvaneth. A super specialized unit like this that is part of an overall AOS army but is its own thing in Warcry

Edited by zedatkinszed

People jump to conlusions too fast. Surely they are DoK, as they worship Khaine and Morathi somehow took over some of the remianing Dark Elves. 

Going by EndTimes Malekith ddin't care about DarkElves whatsoever once he became Phoenix King, his best general was Imrik and I doubt he had much DE characters by his side, even Alith Anar his sworn enemy took his side. 

In EndTimes Malekith was closer to Teclis, Imrik and Alarielle then any Dark Elf. 

I think that we his army is released it will look nothing like Dark Elves except for some nods to Dark Elves. Also Malerion doesn't care about Khaine, he surely knows that Khaine is dead and since he is god now he doesn't have to hide behind Khaine and it would be against his character.  And Khaine was more of Tyrion-Morathi thing in End Times.  Malekith battled  Khaine incarnate(Tyrion) 

Edited by DantePQ

• 2 weeks later...

The Daughters of Khaine battletome is really old now compared to the other battletomes around. Perhaps Morathis and Malerions units get a combined battletome in the future. Thats a big "maybe", because the Daughters are working really well inside their boundries, so new units are questionable.

As stated in the new Souldbound Roleplay book, Malerion is not really close to neither Sigmar nor Teclis. He is the silent king in the shadow lands without actively siding with someone. He took a part in the capture of Slaanesh, but I cant confirm that he was closer to any other kin then his Dark aelfen souls he took such a risk of saving from slaaneshs belly.

Malerion is a god now himself. As is Morathi and Malerion is more likely to side with his mother then any other power of the realms. Thats the way I see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if when Malerion comes out we'll get a Orruk Warclans esque update where you can run DoK or Malerion Elves separately with their own rules, or you can run them combined. Admittedly that is purely speculation on my part. Although IMO it would help with the "Elf Bloat" we're getting. 

• Like 1