How many 'pick a model out' abilities are there in AoS?

VonSmall

Question

So I know of two abilities in AoS that allow a player to pick out a specific model from a unit. These being Hand of Dust from Nagash and Gaze of Morathi.

One of the obvious uses for these rules are to pick out the middle model from a unit strung out in a line causing half the unit to die in the battleshock phase.

I was wondering if there were any other models/units in the game with similar abilities to pick out models?

Answers on a postcard! 

11 answers to this question

The gargant has a pick a model up. As does the dank hold troggboss. The star drake can bite three times I think. There’s probably more  your best bet would to check the big beasties :) 

edit: the ghorgon of course  

i want to say there are also some artefacts but I can’t remember which. So take that with a grain of salt. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

10 with Nagash?

My main reason was following a rule I re-read in the OBR book for Mortek Guard who require a certain 'champion' model (of which there can be only 1 total) in their unit in order to perform the shield wall. Without that model, no shield walls.

How many other units require a certain model, of which there can be only one in the unit no matter how large the unit is, in order to perform a certain action? I'm not talking banners/musicians as typically they are like 1 in 5/6.

Also Nighthaunt Weapons of the Damned Artefact: 

Slitter: Every time the bearer is chosen to fight, but before piling in you can roll a dice against a model within 1". If the roll exceeds their wound characteristic, it is slain. Meaning you can pick the model you want to be removed from the unit, not your opponent.