Scenic bases/terrain to replace flying stems

Kasper

Im currently working on my Terradon Riders and I absolutely hate the transparent flying stems from GW. Im also super scared of it snapping even though the models are made of resin. So Im looking for some stuff to put on the base instead and then pit the model to it. They are on 50mm round bases, so it is kinda limited to how much space I have got to work with. I havent had a whole lot of luck yet finding something at a reasonable price. Anyone got any ideas? :D

I have thought of resin tree stumps like these - Maybe cover/paint them with some moss etc.:

image.png.84035d531fe9e73953cd357d4a627e60.png

I would love some kind of Aztec pillars/ruins like these:

image.png.116d87398c83520e31dac56665e1b06b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

I actually like these alot! Some pieces might be a bit too big on a 50mm base, but with a bit of cutting you could make two parts for 2 bases for sure.

Yep, and they’ll go further that way. There’s a thread over on dakkadakka titled “Idoneth Deepkin: Atlantis-style bases” (not sure if we’re allowed link directly) with pics of basically this. 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 10:19 AM, Tommy said:

Yep, and they’ll go further that way. There’s a thread over on dakkadakka titled “Idoneth Deepkin: Atlantis-style bases” (not sure if we’re allowed link directly) with pics of basically this. 🙂

I managed to snatch a set from my local (still partly open) - Plently of stuff for my 10 bases I needed. It looks awesome! Im sad the gate thing for the ground cant fit on a 50mm base. Would look cool if you placed hands coming out of it on the ground, as if slaves are trapped beneath the ground and they are reaching for freedom as the Terradons fly above it. Could easily cut the big pillars and have them look like fallen/broken pillars. I might also cut off the bomb on my Terradon Chief and have him sit ontop of a single pillar.

Thanks a lot man. :D 

• Like 1