Destruction army idea

Mr boss

More insectoid grots like the spider clans who've mutated into spiderling hybrids would be interesting.

I wouldn't exactly base them after the old hobgobbos but they were hated by other greenskins and were such backstabbers that they grew bone plates on their backs.

You could take those principles and crank them up to 12 in AoS fashion by having a splinter faction mutated by chaos residue in the realms (same to how Silver Tower mutated it's spiderlings) to grow exoskeletons & wings and become a new culture of buzzgrots that worship Gorkamorka as a hive builder by clearing out lands for their nests and Da Bad Moon as a giant wasp nest whose larvae has yet to birth and swarm the realms.

Add the natural hostility between spiders and wasps and you can have them battle with spider clans on who claims nests in the forests and mountains of the realms with them either losing and being eaten by spiderlings who use their fungroid honey insides to enhance their own mutations and breed more magically-adept spiders that become their gods or if the buzzgrots win they lay eggs in the giant spiders with a goal to do the same to titanic spiders worshipped as gods who they make nests out of afterwards.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

More insectoid grots like the spider clans who've mutated into spiderling hybrids would be interesting.

I wouldn't exactly base them after the old hobgobbos but they were hated by other greenskins and were such backstabbers that they grew bone plates on their backs.

You could take those principles and crank them up to 12 in AoS fashion by having a splinter faction mutated by chaos residue in the realms (same to how Silver Tower mutated it's spiderlings) to grow exoskeletons & wings and become a new culture of buzzgrots that worship Gorkamorka as a hive builder by clearing out lands for their nests and Da Bad Moon as a giant wasp nest whose larvae has yet to birth and swarm the realms.

Add the natural hostility between spiders and wasps and you can have them battle with spider clans on who claims nests in the forests and mountains of the realms with them either losing and being eaten by spiderlings who use their fungroid honey insides to enhance their own mutations and breed more magically-adept spiders that become their gods or if the buzzgrots win they lay eggs in the giant spiders with a goal to do the same to titanic spiders worshipped as gods who they make nests out of afterwards.

I don't remember these as I never played Fantasy however yes, this sounds amazing. Please do.

Haha, even if you played fantasy you'd probably never hear of them. They were pretty obscure as some minor chaos dwarf underlings with Mongol vibes(thus the backstabbing).

That aside this brings up a good notion that insect races would be great for Destruction and AoS as a whole with the Spider clan having a strong theme already set and Order's insects with the Sylvaneth. (Death and Chaos could certainly amp up the creepy factor with their own giant insects though)

Edit: whoops, I forgot Papa Nurgle has the chaos insect stuff on hand. Apologies with extra phlegm.

We need undead praying mantis people then! Your prayers to the death god or your head!

Edited by Baron Klatz

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, even if you played fantasy you'd probably never hear of them. They were pretty obscure as some minor chaos dwarf underlings with Mongol vibes(thus the backstabbing).

That aside this brings up a good notion that insect races would be great for Destruction and AoS as a whole with the Spider clan having a strong theme already set and Order's insects with the Sylvaneth. (Death and Chaos could certainly amp up the creepy factor with their own giant insects though)

Well, technically the spider isn't an insect... 😜. But I actually wouldn't mind seeing some insectoid destruction faction thing that has that swarm like devour for the hive mentality.

I don't care what chaos could conjure up in insect (except for skaven) but death would have literally terrifying things. 

Edited by Sttufe

• Subscriber

I was very excited when I saw Rippa's SnarlFangs. I automatically thought of the hobgoblin wolfriders.

I can't see it happening, but a small faction made of sun worshipping, mongol themed gobbos would make a nice addition to Destruction and have a nice contrast with the dark and skulky Gloomspite Gitz.

I'd love to see some form of an insect humanoid race in AOS. Probably not Chaos or Death for such an army, and probably as well not Order. I can see Destruction definitely the best fit for such a force.

Imagine a destruction force based after beetles and termites, crushing through the realms destroying buildings, gnawing on wood and stone and conquering land for their hive queens, great leaders of their force.

I want an army with a bunch of giant insects and I don't care what the little guys in the army look like - bug men would be cool.  I want to see all sorts of creepy bug monsters - giant beetles, ants, praying mantis, wasps, centipedes, scorpions, etc.  That would be awesome.  But no cockroaches.  Those things are horribly disgusting and should be eradicated from the mortal realms (and chaos realms) entirely.  Even nurgle thinks those things are gross and does not like them.

Edited by Skabnoze

they did tease of an insectoid like species that lived in Ghur from Beastgrave.

if it ever happen, I bet GW will design them by mixing different species  of insects together while having some similarities to Tyranids

outside of the insect army, I would like a destruction Werewolf army or my recent crack-pot theory of an Underwater Destruction crustacean army

• Like 1