Favorite Miniature Painters

TheWilddog

I was browsing the web looking at painted figs as research for an upcoming project I am planning and it got me thinking about what kind of painter I want to be when I grow up (because apparently painting for 15 years is not enough time to get good).  There are so many talented people out there, but Louise Sugden's stuff just speaks to me. I love her use of bright colors and high contrast. 

D3ulES5XsAEcMTW.jpeg.df24ed230c2c68e6cd2259f579419ff4.jpeg

Darren Latham is another for me. His stuff is the epitome of GW's clean style in my mind. 

D_OEGYKXkAA_JxF.jpeg.3a4527fe63f6a9c7b6c026711f2fedbe.jpeg

Which miniature painters speak to you?

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Like 2

All good painters so far.

However flameon has this nmm style that...well see for yourself.

Another one is dave colwell... He just has an amazing skill using subtle light and colour.

There are other several unique styles I like like bohun and kaha kataryna gorska(really hope i spelled that right...) But those 2 are my overall favorites.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shroud Of Night said:

Those are sweet, but Richard Gray is more my style. I love how gritty his stuff looks while still bringing out huge contrast.

ETRIhNnWsAEhqgv.jpeg

Love his style. Definitely following. 
I’m currently super inspired by:

Also great to follow from this forum:

@wyrd.science

@oscarlars

@elfhead_warhammer

@carlpaints

special mention to: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From a you tube perspective, I like Squidmar. He and some of his mates are very, very good. Darren Latham is win as well. If you are into terrain, check out The Terrain Guy. Man, does that guy make some awesome scenery and easy tutorials.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kaaras said:

From a you tube perspective, I like Squidmar. He and some of his mates are very, very good. Darren Latham is win as well. If you are into terrain, check out The Terrain Guy. Man, does that guy make some awesome scenery and easy tutorials.

Oh yes! And n the topic of terrain. Black magic craft on YouTube. 
The Terrain Guy is more about practical table top terrain. Black magic craft is more detailed and smaller scale. 
both really helpful