Can we make Stardrakes be successful?

Hypephoon

Hey everyone!

I was really hoping Lumineth would give me a dragon fix but it looks like that's not happening. As such I'm thinking about hoping onto stormcast and making a list based around the Stardrake (I'd love to do 2 but I'm sure that's going to be unrealistic).

Having a look at it's warscroll, is damage output is crazy disappointing to literally everything at the same points cost. I don't really understand what GWs plan is with this model, buts it's such a shame it's getting the rough end of the stick in comparison to other 400+ monsters. 

However it seems they do have some synergy, in particular the extra casting ability and the bow from Templar. 

Has anyone had any sucessful runs with these guys? Obviously running them with Dracoths is awesome but seems not great at the moment.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Bryan I Guess said:

I had the idea the other day to ally in the new Slann from Seraphon.

A stardrake + a slann + a SC wizard and everblaze comet is just literal global comet sniping.

Yes, that's a fine idea! If you can find the points, it's worth going for lord kroak instead of the slann (for the FNP, 4th spell/unbind and second personal spell). Then you can add a second Stardrake for more bombarding and bonus to cast and you get the list which has been discussed in the Starcast thread after the seraphon tome landed :D (StormKroak / KroakCast)

I am playing this list at a TTS tournament today!