The Painting Contract - April 2020

Kramer

Ok, I had been meaning to throw my hat into the ring for months and I think I am going to finally just get it over with. Was hoping to get more painting under all this quarantine, but haven't had the drive. Maybe this will help!

I pledge:
Soulscream Bridge
The Horrorghast
Shards of Valagharr
Lauchon the Soulseeker

If I can get a move on, my stretch goals will be the remainder of my Endless spells: 
Purple Sun of Shyish
Malevolent Maelstrom
Soulsnare Shackles
And some details/basing to:
Geminids
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws
The Suffocating Gravetide
The Emerald Lifeswarm

Whew! This seems like a lot, but I have found Endless Spells to be rather easy and fun. This will give me a complete allotment for my Cities, barring Stormcast and Sylvaneth spells. Wish me luck! 

• Like 1

A couple of bad guys for the Gloomspite. 
Thinking about the ‘pile of shame thread‘ , the shaman has been based for 15 years. Never moving beyond that. The Loonboss, another 12 years in the unused. No shame people. The miniatures will come to light when they need to 😺 

Also thinking (unusual yes) of being a goblin is complete freedom to indulge in any horror without mental consequences. 
‘hey!  Gitsnort boiled the bunnies this mornin.‘
’Well at least he didn’t hang the cat’

on the other hand, no feeling or remorse when their untimely end is up

’hey! Gitsnort fell in the shredder!’

’oh, is the rest of the lawn raked?’

img_0258.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Couldn’t wait for corax white base so I tried a layer of white scars and Chikrit’s wash formula. Still not up to chikrits standard but I’m much happier. 
Plus a new Lord Exorcist 

Heheh, I'm still a super n00b, so let's hope that some of the real good painters around share their knowledge about this. I've found that shading white is tricky, plus painting white needs to be done in many thin coats, or it will get blobby or not cover correctly. The thing with corax white is that it is not really white, but something like very bright bluish grey, and the shade looks better on it, if properly mixed with a bit of water, and properly and carefully spread so every dot gets the same amount, without pooling. I only do pure white (I got the one from Vallejo, skull white) on skeletons, and with much, much care, mostly just shading over the white primer. 

They look good tho 😃

• Thanks 1