Your pile of shame in picture

Maturin

15 minutes ago, Wired4War said:

I paint everything before I buy more! No shame here!

Hmm yes a heretic, the Inquisition would like to know your location. I do the same but that is not because I am limiting myself, it is because I am a fast painter and assembler, and I am cheap and can only buy a box a month, not whenever I find a deal 😩

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

Hmm yes a heretic, the Inquisition would like to know your location. I do the same but that is not because I am limiting myself, it is because I am a fast painter and assembler, and I am cheap and can only buy a box a month, not whenever I find a deal 😩

I'm fast too! I can't stand letting models stay on sprues for more than a few days. I tend to only buy one box at a time, so I only have backlog when those battleforce sets come out.

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Haha can I remake your hobby life into an inspirational documentary? 
that’s as rare wraithbone primer right now 😂

It comes from my group I play with, we only field painted armies. So if I want to try out a new unit, I need to get it painted ASAP. We tend to slow grow new armies at the same time because of this too.

IMG_20200423_090539.jpg.d6fddcd3887b6761d5a3dbd8c4c7060a.jpg

About 1000pts of mortal/beast tzeentch along with half of Aether war. Blightkings for a Blessed Sons nurgle list I want to try. Few bits left for my cities army, including a box of handgunners and a general on griffon. Not seen- Archaon, Verminlord, 80 Plague Monks, Zombie Dragon and 9 Horrors. 

I sold a lot of stuff recently so this is quite cut down from it's worse! Really hoping to at least get it all assembled before the end of the lockdown. 

• Like 2

I try to keep the pile of shame low, but there is always some. The consequences of switching between projects, I guess!

For all the folks that are drowning in sprues and have rooms full of untouched boxes, if you don't have the will to control impulsive purchases, I'd recommend one simple thing: at least unsprue the minis.

This step is really fast (don't bother in cleaning/removing mold lines for now) and get rid of the box and sprue. You save a lot of storage and psychologically, reducing 90% of the space it takes really helps to keep you motivated (it's no longer a mountain of boxes twice your size...).

That's what I do. Unsprue and arrange in small bags until I get them done. A huge box with a load of sprues (pic1) suddenly becomes a "small" amount of plastic (1/5 of original size) that seems fairly reasonable to go through (pic2):

taeysrutjd.jpg.ed3f1f97551aedc83cb11c1a4c834e4a.jpg

fkydtjsfxc.jpg.487827d2e0b9972d86ff45d08085325a.jpg

• Like 2