Seraphon Warscrolls web tool

Townsie

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to re-code this to pull the warscroll PDFs from a local folder?   I like the organized display of little PDF vignettes for quick reference but when I check where the HTML file was I had 2-3 copies of each PDF downloaded, after testing out displaying various lists.

54 minutes ago, TaoZenRat said:

Is there a way to re-code this to pull the warscroll PDFs from a local folder?   I like the organized display of little PDF vignettes for quick reference but when I check where the HTML file was I had 2-3 copies of each PDF downloaded, after testing out displaying various lists.

There's a bit of a problem with that. Web browsers are very picky about where you're allowed to read files from. Even though you've downloaded this html file, it's still not really possible for it to read files from your hard drive without authorization.

There is a way of going around this, but it's a bit fiddly. I use Chrome as my browser. If I open up this web page, and then hit F12 to open the developer's tools. You can go into "Sources", then find where it says "Overrides". From there, add a folder by pressing "Select folder for overrides". The browser will now as for permissions, then later in that list, you'll see a file structure. You can right-click a file and select "Copy link adress." Now you have something like "file:///D:/Dropbox/Documents/Warhammer Age of Sigmar/Core_Book.pdf" you can use that link in the document, in the list of resources, and it will load it properly.