The Helmets issue with Lumineth (conversion brainstorm)

Thiagoma

4 hours ago, GrimDork said:

Many/most of the kits GW produce are dual build. I’m wondering if the hammerers with a head/weapon swap may also build another elemental troop type?

I belive it will be. If they havea prettier option, problem solved.

16 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

I also saw tbis picture and loved it, but looking carrefully the oficial photo, it seens like the hats have no "tips" , but a rather large flat top without the bull thing. 

Hopefully i am wrong because i also loved that picture.

You are absolutely right about the flat top. I did not truly realize that until now. I did a really quick edit, and this is how they would approximately look by just taking the upmost part away:

1443862162_AlarithStoneguardpoormansedit.jpg.ad2767ef30c6421ea06a99eaa8975e79.jpg

What do you think? To my eyes, it looks better than with the auroch head on top. Still tall and far less pointy than the reddit edit though. I'm even more unsure now of the difficulty of achieving that particular conversion. Obviously, this is all on paper and hypothetical, I guess we will have to wait until we have them in our hands to be able to determine the actual look and feel of the model...

As I dislike big hats in general:

If you don't mind angry faces, every DoK player should have a stockpile of the best generic elven helmets GW currently offers - Dark Riders. There's no inherently evil ornamentation on those, and painted to match lumineth armour they would look very good as a more subdued version.

Shadow warriors (ask Wanderer players, they should have some) have some great helmets for more elite options.

Wildwood rangers for hooded helmets, and even the eternal guard half-helmet thing is cool too.

(By the way, the cow-only idea looks great in my opinion. If I wanted a Lumineth army, I'd probably go with those)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

@Thiagoma @Khaedhras

I doubt it would be too difficult to whittle to a point with a hobby knife? Especially because these are seemingly elite so you won’t be doing 80 of them.

We will have to wait and see how the sprue works, how easy it will be to cut it.

That said if it all fail i have a bunch of Shadow Warriors/Dragon Princes/Phoenix Guard hats so in case it gets too messy i can just head swap.

• 2 months later...

I've been contemplating using Shadow Warrior helmets to replace the Stoneguard headgear,  wouldn't be as tall, but would look pretty slick. Once I'm finished with my Sisters of the Watch, I'll have plenty.

I might use the cowhead as the helm for the alternate weapon option. Alternatively, I could throw those on some Bestigors in my BOC army for a bit of unit variety!

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, Acid_Nine said:

Thanks for the links!  Puppets War has some great looking bits. Paladin and Praetorian crests could work, as well as the Top Knots...  And, to go crazy, the Lion, Wing, Dragon helmets and shoulder pads could be a very cool mod for either a whole squad or just the leader/banner.

Edited by Wyliekyote
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyliekyote said:

Thanks for the links!  Puppets War has some great looking bits. Paladin and Praetorian crests could work, as well as the Top Knots...  And, to go crazy, the Lion, Wing, Dragon helmets and shoulder pads could be a very cool mod for either a whole squad or just the leader/banner.

Your welcome! I’m glad to help, even 5 months later!

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Your welcome! I’m glad to help, even 5 months later!

Time means nothing in the Age of Sigmar.  OR, actually, when you are painting mini's.... after all it' not a strict progression of painting to playing, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint – it’s more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly… time-y wimey… stuff.

• 2 weeks later...