Help me decide between 2 lists

Colgado

I'm building and painting up my stormcasts during the lock down. I have two lists in mind and wanted some thoughts on which direction to head in. 

List 1:

+ Leader +

Gavriel Sureheart [120pts]

Knight-Heraldor [100pts]

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline [220pts]: General

Lord-Castellant [120pts]

+ Battleline +

Liberators [100pts]: 5 Liberators

Liberators [100pts]: 5 Liberators

Sequitors [440pts]: 4x 5 Sequitors

+ Other +

Evocators [220pts]: 5 Evocators

Evocators on Celestial Dracolines [520pts]: 6 Evocators on Celestial Dracolines

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

+ Command Points +

Purchased Command Points [50pts]: 1 Command Point

++ Total: [1,990pts] ++

List 2:

+ Leader +

Knight-Heraldor [100pts]

Knight-Incantor [140pts]

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline [220pts]: General

Lord-Ordinator [140pts]

+ Artillery +

Celestar Ballista [110pts]

+ Battleline +

Sequitors [130pts]: 5 Sequitors

+ Other +

Evocators on Celestial Dracolines [520pts]: 2x 3 Evocators on Celestial Dracolines

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

+ Command Points +

Purchased Command Points [50pts]: 1 Command Point

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

Both lists center around the dracolines, and then it's either a Gav sequitor bomb or 4 ballistas and an ordinator. The dracolines and arcanum are staying, but otherwise I'm open to changes. Which looks the best from a competitive standpoint and which looks more fun to play (can be the same)? Thanks!

From my own experience, I prefer to run with the ballista's.  There are a lot of armies out there that get lots of buffs from individual models, and can be fairly resilient in melee.  Having a strong shooting component gives you a way to pick off key support pieces that help their army hold together.

For a few example opponents:

Ossiarch Bonereapers are just a straight up pain to deal with in melee, and if they have their harvester's running its even worse.  However, they can bubble wrap their units (ex. harvesters) and make it nearly impossible to engage them in melee without first going through their line of 3+ save RR everything, bring models back on a 4+ battleline unit.  However, those same harvesters are easy to bring down at range, and then ballista's with their -2 rend AND attacking in the shooting phase manage to ignore many of the bonereapers strengths.

Slaves to Darkness have all of their hero's with their own little aura bubbles.  If they are running Khorne, Slannesh, or Nurgle, killing the hero providing the bubble can take away as much as 1/3 of nearby unit's damage output.  And that isn't even counting their own abilities/command abilities.

Fyreslayers (competitive ones at least) are all about the hearthguard berzerkers nowadays.  However, if you take a glance at their warscroll, you will quickly see that they only have a 6+ FNP UNLESS there is a hero nearby.  Kill the hero, and now that unit is a LOT easier to deal with.

Literally anyone with fight first/fight last shenanagins going on.  Sure, your terrorgeist may be a monster that can devour whole armies before they get a chance to act.  But if he is full of holes, he is much less scary, and much easier to deal with.  Those keepers of secrets your opponent is charging at you?  Yeah, devestating, and dealing with them in melee when they can just make you fight last is painful.  Of course, if they fail to make it to you, this isn't a problem.

So who is the gav-bomb build better against?  Idoneth Deepkin and their ability to force you to only shoot the nearest model are a PITA, and just dropping a block of sequitors on their skulls can make them go away fast.  The battle plan Total Commitment is also worse for the ballista's, cause you can't just drop them in rapid fire range (though a block of sequitors is nearly as bad there).  Gloomspite gits have a lot of ways to be harder to shoot (but at least if you are shooting them you don't have to worry about netters... soooo), and can be annoying for a ballista spam list.  Anyone that spams a ton of weak units (gits, skeletons, etc) that are massive wound sponges but not too killy can probably be more easily taken out by the block of sequitors than the ballista's.

Overall though, I find that most of the more competitive lists are weaker to the ballista spam shooting than they are the sequitors from the sky.  However, swapping between the two lists isn't that difficult.  If you go for the gav bomb, swapping to ballistas would require:

4 Ballista's
Ordinator
Incantor

While swapping from ballista's to gav-bomb would require:

Gav
5 Sequitors
5 Evocators
10 Liberators
Castellent

So I would say go for whichever you like the look of/playstyle of more to start with, and then look to build into the other build whenever you want to.

Thanks for the replies and great feedback!

As I expected the shooting list seems better. I like the ballistas, but a block of sequitors just feels right. 

I'd love to bring a comet but am just finishing up my sequitors now so wouldn't be able to find the points. 

Thanks again.