Ungors Best way to arm.

hammer49

Assuming you’re running them as Beasts of Chaos,  Ungors work best in one of three ways.

1. 40 man Ungor Herd unit with spears that act as a fast anvil style unit, usually works best when accompanied by some form of battleshock immunity such as the Herdstone.
  2. 30-40 man Ungor Raiders unit that can use their long range and high mobility to threaten vulnerable units and score a surprising number of wounds on anything you point them at.
  3. 10 man Ungor unit with mauls that can sit next to a Herdstone and get sacrificed by a nearby hero for Primal Call points. After their point reduction Doombulls are generally considered more efficient at this. You can also use them as a screen for your other units as necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Ungors have a good variation in use.

40 with spears is pretty good.  

40 with Mauls if you spread them out can also all attack on a frontage.  

Raiders are good also (particularly as they have that pregame move to screen off alpha charges hoping over your screen and attacking twice)

Generally I would say starting with 10-man units for Mauls is a good choice to begin with.  I have 40, 40, 40 (spears, mauls, raiders) but I've been collecting them since 2003.