The Preview Online - TGA Chat

Ben

25 minutes ago, VBS said:

Those massive helmets could easily snap their neck. So goofy. The models vastly improve without the cow theme (below, from reddit/dakka).

ppoge27ebgp41.png

That‘s just the way they should have been.

put a Wraithknight head. on that ugly cow avatar and it might look good.

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

put a Wraithknight head. on that ugly cow avatar and it might look good.

The only problem of the Cow-atar is his thin legs. Btw, taking out their theme makes them a bit less interesting. Shorter helmets with horns could be what they need.

So the smurfs are really upset because they wanted to really be legion of azgorh but were too tall and weedy so decided to make a bull deity of their own and pretend its hashut.

the realm of fire warband i have to say has me lusting, it is so awesome.

and the lion model would make an amazingly gritty celestant prime or bret lord prime!

and i got to say, fabulous brian is pretty cool as well.

Anyone else think the Cows look like a cross between Gundam and Tibet? 

I wonder if Elder Titan from Dota2 was an influence https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Elder_Titan

Also on behalf of dwarves throughout the realms, WTF mountains of hysh?! Giving aelves, I repeat aelves, mountain blessings and magical hammers. This is going to be a whole ****** chapter in the Dammaz Kron! (I'm in absolutely no way jealous of aelves getting yaktimus prime obviously 😛). 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, michu said:

I'm disappointed... in people trying to improve perfection.

I must say that nobody is trying to improve anything, they are just retouching a design that they don't like. It's pointless to talk about arguments if it's "better" or "worst" (that's subjective), the thing is that retouching this designs remove a lot of what the miniatures want to accomplish.

Of course people can still do whatever they want

Edited by Beliman
  • Thanks 2

I love the aesthetic. It's great to have a unique, AoS specific aesthetic that's not beholden to the old world, which itself is beholden to pretty generic fantasy tropes (I say this as a Cities player who loves that aesthetic!). This is a really unique look for an army and I'm glad GW continue to not play it safe with this stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That new esthetic is not my cup of tea but I wasn t planning on starting a lumineth army anyway. I feel the battle cow monster is being forced in into the rest of the army and some accessories like those giant horns on the foot troops were added to try to give the army some cohesion without success

Edited by azdimy

44 minutes ago, azdimy said:

That new esthetic is not my cup of tea but I wasn t planning on starting a lumineth army anyway. I feel the battle cow monster is being forced in into the rest of the army and some accessories like those giant horns on the foot troops were added to try to give the army some cohesion without success

+1

Both of those fits. Both are part of the tibetan aesthetic for mountain part of Lumineth. I don't think they are forced. Look at the "all-together" picture at the end of video - they all fit seamlessly.

Edited by michu
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FlatTooth said:

Watching people meltdown because they DARED to explore other themes with elves is giving me life during this pandemic, you guys. 

Yeah FB is pretty terrible (as usual i guess). The same crowd wanting new high elves basically. There's 100s of companies pumping out generic elves, cheaper than GW too. They should just buy those. The narrative behind these guys and the mountain spirit are inspired. 

Edited by hughwyeth
  • Like 1

I love the mountain spirit and the hammers, but honestly the helmets are pretty bad. I think I'm going to replace the heads with some kind of hopilite helmets. 

i'm thinking either this: https://puppetswar.eu/models-and-bits-50/all-bits/heads/hoplite-helmets.html

or this: https://www.shapeways.com/product/UT2YDEP4E/heaven-sentinel-helmet-2-generation?optionId=112186590&li=marketplace

I just hope they are the right scale!

Just now, hughwyeth said:

Yeah FB is pretty terrible (as usual i guess). The same crowd wanting new high elves basically. There's 100s of companies pumping out generic elves, cheaper than GW too. They should just buy those. The narrative behind these guys and the mountain spirit are inspired. 

Very much this and the countless other voices of reason pointing out it's a brand new army aesthetic they've been shooting for in the Mortal Realms and GW should keep pushing it's creative boundaries 100%. If people don't agree then that's the beauty of kit-bashing as it always has been all the way back to when Bret players despised 6th edition's new t questing knights and battle pilgrims they decreed ridiculous on the forums and wouldn't use the "Monty python parodies" and ugly peasants who "stupidly carry a skeleton around a necromancer can make kill them"(of course they didn't bother to read the lore or how it was appropriate to the setting back then either).

Fast forward ten months and they're a fan favorite in the forums.  It'll be the same case here as the angry fans simmer down and the hordes that love the spirits and bull helms (both tall and shortened) come in after the dust settles.

The bottom line is the angry minority only have their selves to blame. Classic aelves =/= classic elves. Aelves of the Mortal Realms are 10,000 years in a entirely different setting and chaos corruption different than the Tolkien expies they're expecting.

Honestly it's best that ego band-aid got ripped off now before the rest of the hold-over races in the Cities of Sigmar (and likely Seraphon) get replaced with their own Mortal Realms overhauls that flip everything they thought about Warhammer.

And seeing how much I adore every detail here with the new Lumineth I cannot wait! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1