Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overread

The Lockdown/Isolation Hobby Progress unity/log!

Recommended Posts

Been very lucky that I convinced my family that while the kids are home from school “Art Class” should be painting miniatures.  My daughter likes mythical animals so she’s been painting mounted Stormcast.  My son tackled his Knight Incantors.  My wife decided on a Phoenix.  Has let me so far finish off three partially painted models (Chaos Lord on Karkadrak, The Changeling, Chaos Sorcerer Lord) and even start on a few new things (magister, ogroid thaumaturge). 

Only real downside has been the reminder that I’m only the third best painter in my family, and as my 9-year old son gets better I’m probably destined for fourth place... 🤷‍♂️

May shift to some assembly soon.  Can we call that “Shop Class”?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an awesome idea 😊

I was thinking maybe a post for each day of hobby...

Really the blobby is going to be my main crutch through isolation as I don’t really play video games. Well and working from home I suppose 🥱 

So far I’ve just been cracking in with my pledge from the painting contract to finish off my bonereapers army, but it’s hard to keep the motivation going at the moment. But to get a bit of variety I’ve tried to start building and planning schemes for my next project, a temple nest!

Hope everyone can use the hobby as an escape at the moment, and if you’re not feeling it, do whatever else means you can get lost in it. And most of all, stay safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been working on a couple of models for my friends Ogors

Unfortunately I can't do the bases at the moment so I'm going to have to leave them for now

My son is finally painting up the dreadnaught he got for Christmas so we will be playing some 40k. I'm also thinking of intorducing him to WarCry

 

 

90623733_10221246719658540_6436382228225196032_n.jpg

90727295_751253022078318_5000114614340419584_n.jpg

  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Baby slept for two hours yesterday, now daddy is half way through a Mediterranean dungeon set 😂 

FD20F7E0-1F60-481E-A667-FBEA1644748C.jpeg.4edcc0ddd16c69e7c7dbb10e3bfa8332.jpeg

now I’m waiting on the next nap 

 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, valenswift said:

Been working on a couple of models for my friends Ogors

Unfortunately I can't do the bases at the moment so I'm going to have to leave them for now

My son is finally painting up the dreadnaught he got for Christmas so we will be playing some 40k. I'm also thinking of intorducing him to WarCry

 

 

90623733_10221246719658540_6436382228225196032_n.jpg

90727295_751253022078318_5000114614340419584_n.jpg

I love the natural tones on the Thundertusk, as opposed to the typical white or ice blue I always see. Also, a lilac giant!  Awesome!

PS: Bonus points for shading the nips.  Very important step.  I think Vince Venturella has a video about that somewhere. 😉

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, apologies for yesterday’s whiney moment, I have checked myself before I wrecked myself and for the moment, at least, have got myself back on an even keel.

Decided to start things off with some long overdue and units, so an Ad Mech Kill Team & the Godsworn Hunt just to, hopefully, get myself into the groove.

then if that gets too fiddly I’ve also primed a load of random stuff like sone Azyrite ruins, objective markers, and endless spells for when I need to mix things up and just slap some paint down.

LET’S DO THIS!

 

5479AE32-95D4-404C-B3E7-BB3EB8FFA2E7.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JPjr said:

Right, apologies for yesterday’s whiney moment, I have checked myself before I wrecked myself and for the moment, at least, have got myself back on an even keel.

Decided to start things off with some long overdue and units, so an Ad Mech Kill Team & the Godsworn Hunt just to, hopefully, get myself into the groove.

then if that gets too fiddly I’ve also primed a load of random stuff like sone Azyrite ruins, objective markers, and endless spells for when I need to mix things up and just slap some paint down.

LET’S DO THIS!

 

5479AE32-95D4-404C-B3E7-BB3EB8FFA2E7.jpeg

For what its worth, the Godsworn Hunt are a joy to paint.  I love them even though I don't play much Underworlds anymore.  I mostly use them as allies for my Beasts of Chaos.  They were the starting off point for the color scheme of my Untamed Beasts (and any future S2D models.)

20200328_133822.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really need to get that set at some point soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Making progress with my antagonistic Gloomspite. Assembled and based my Loonboss on a giant squig, 5 bounders hit the ground in leaps and bounds, and I just replaced the square based on my ‘dwarf ‘ giant, 3 rockguts, 20 squigs for 2 herds, 10 hoppers -  all old metal models from the old night goblin army I have. I’m worn out for a bit so I’ll base them later. 
working title is Krasbog’s Gitz  with a total of 2480 points. Not really looking forward to round basing my 40 shootas and 40 stabbas. 
I need some more bases as it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And DONE - that was a LOT of hussar wings washed. Still got to mount them, though at least I can do that in small stages as I get the Death Riders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bit sad as I do not have the massive backlogs I see others having. I have a little one, but I only recently got into hobbying. Working on my KO army but I am taking a bit of a break while I wait for the Thundrik's set to arrive (ordered essentially the last one amazon had in stock). Got a bit burned out painting the Aether War set, to dubious levels of the term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, just kind of happy about GW being shut down. I probably buy too much stuff anyway and it’s nice to let my wallet have a break from new stuff.

*Returns to waiting on a shipment of stuff I bought from Poland that was a few big things that were at a 30% discount*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made the base conversion on my old night goblin army. Still have 40 shootas and 40 stabbas to base convert. 
This is some more quarantine effort. I also made 5 castigators as well but 2 right arm pieces are missing (!) This is the army of gobbo right now  

Ill have to convert some space marine bits I think. 
img_0155.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My little backwater planet and its quarantined inhabitants are starting to take shape! Craft paints are not too bad, once properly diluted.

699987A5-6C03-4169-8964-D867D197AE46.jpeg

9201D168-30D3-475F-95CA-768E2C0C23D5.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to get my The Drowned (Nurgle Daemons Warcry warband) ready for painting: 

Duke1.jpg

Duke2.jpg

group1.jpg

I had this idea of a warband (Nurgle allegiance) made from deep sea horrors and horrible drowned zombies. Think Deepkin, but much more dark. The idea is that sailors and divers (which I'm sure exists in the mortal realms - if not, they do now) sometimes succumb to ilnesses of the ocean, like scurvy and other horrible diseases. When they do, the great father offers them the chance to be freed from pain and suffering - if only they wow to serve him in the sea. Many say yes, and plunge themselves into the sea, while wowing their pledge to the Nurgle. Indeed, the pain and suffering disappears, but so does their will and sanity. All that is left are bloated, drowned hulks of the men they were, seeking only to taint the living.

They are led into battle by the Duke of the Depths, a silent knight of the ocean, carried into battle by a huge squid-beast, accompanied by horrible giant Whelks and other sea monsters. 

To most, they are little more than a legend that is whispered of by the campfires in the eightpoints. Stories are told of warbands, treading dry and barren earth, and suddenly finding their feet submerged in ankle high water. Through a heavy fog stumbles the rotting forms of once noble seafarers and divers, and horrible monsters emerge. Few have seen them, and fewer still have survived to tell the tale of The Drowned. 

 

  • Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GuitaRasmus said:

Trying to get my The Drowned (Nurgle Daemons Warcry warband) ready for painting: 

Duke1.jpg

Duke2.jpg

group1.jpg

I had this idea of a warband (Nurgle allegiance) made from deep sea horrors and horrible drowned zombies. Think Deepkin, but much more dark. The idea is that sailors and divers (which I'm sure exists in the mortal realms - if not, they do now) sometimes succumb to ilnesses of the ocean, like scurvy and other horrible diseases. When they do, the great father offers them the chance to be freed from pain and suffering - if only they wow to serve him in the sea. Many say yes, and plunge themselves into the sea, while wowing their pledge to the Nurgle. Indeed, the pain and suffering disappears, but so does their will and sanity. All that is left are bloated, drowned hulks of the men they were, seeking only to taint the living.

They are led into battle by the Duke of the Depths, a silent knight of the ocean, carried into battle by a huge squid-beast, accompanied by horrible giant Whelks and other sea monsters. 

To most, they are little more than a legend that is whispered of by the campfires in the eightpoints. Stories are told of warbands, treading dry and barren earth, and suddenly finding their feet submerged in ankle high water. Through a heavy fog stumbles the rotting forms of once noble seafarers and divers, and horrible monsters emerge. Few have seen them, and fewer still have survived to tell the tale of The Drowned. 

 

Great idea and execution, can’t wait to see them painted!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Started on Nighthaunts from the Mortal Realms magazines as a change of pace from Nurgle Blightkings. In the last week I've built and primed the chainrasps, stalkers and banshees and started painting the chainrasps. Used loaded brush to blend in the ghostly effect on the robes pretty quickly. 

Update 1: Experimented with oil washes, pretty happy how they turned out, still need to apply highlights, but lessons learned!

IMG_20200331_000814.jpg.2c88a049b576671248b57cb70b5e4017.jpgIMG_20200331_000806.jpg.b6478f88bb83ce7849759a6a9660a711.jpg

 

IMG_20200325_230812.jpg.32baae0a468605a778bb5ff7fcaf2afc.jpgIMG_20200325_230833.jpg.21b19ad6d0657c75d2a8ccac31956982.jpgIMG_20200325_230855.jpg.388834cbe7bdb58b5d6ddfd39fbade84.jpg

IMG_20200331_000814.jpg.2c88a049b576671248b57cb70b5e4017.jpgIMG_20200331_000806.jpg.b6478f88bb83ce7849759a6a9660a711.jpg

Edited by MarkK
Added Update 1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archaon nears completion. Has to be done by Tuesday night for my Painting Challenge entry.

IMG_20200329_150243~2.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spray primed a lot of grey plastic over the weekend (just in time, now it’s getting too cold again 😄). 
Ready to paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 10:49 AM, Kramer said:

Baby slept for two hours yesterday, now daddy is half way through a Mediterranean dungeon set 😂 

FD20F7E0-1F60-481E-A667-FBEA1644748C.jpeg.4edcc0ddd16c69e7c7dbb10e3bfa8332.jpeg

now I’m waiting on the next nap 

 

So close to getting this done. But in the meantime my girlfriend played her first AoS game against me. Part 1 in our narrative skirmish campaign. You better know, the next chapter will be set in a green dungeon 😂

in the meantime some pics:

97044BD5-1402-409A-8208-D8D01C2C5377.jpeg.b883ed0b720f2228a966bcccd0d22775.jpeg

82B0AFDA-B667-46CE-B50F-DF90B18BF3FE.jpeg.4f621b0aee99f39c820bba2a606bbcd4.jpeg

her stormcast barely escaped the closing maw of ogors. Great fun. Also big kudos to the miniwargaming crew for their ‘Watchers in Death’ rules which we’re using parts of for this campaign. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been taking this time to put the finishing touches to my Ironjawz from last year, full army shots will be posted once I'm done: 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So since I last posted in here last thursday, I have completed assembly on:

10 Arkanaughts, assembled with skyhook, volley gun, and skypike
2 Dracothian Guard, assembled as fulminators, finishing up a squad of 4
1 Ironclad, and holy ****** is this thing a monster.  I say assembled - it is currently sitting in the box in sub-assemblies, cause thats the ONLY way that monster is getting a good paint job.  Still need to figure out how to magnetize the main gun so I can switch between cannon and volley gun, and I also DEFINITELY need a better way to mount that, because that stupid little flight stand sure as heck ain't going to hold it.
1 KO start collecting, with the gunhauler having the crew and balloon sticky tacked on so I can get a better paint job.  Also once again need to figure out how to magnetize the gun so I can swap out the drill cannon with the other one.
1 High Elf Lord on Dragon, and I didn't glue the rider in so it can either be a dragonlord or a dragon mage.  After assembly, I'm really regretting not getting a few more of this model, because it is by far my favorite WH dragon.  Oh well, maybe one day they will do another short term print run of it and I can get another 2-3 of them.

I still have yet to assemble:

Sorceress/dreadlord on dragon
Aether Wars box

And I stuffed the Sylvaneth box into storage for when I have a better hobby space so I can get what I want to do with them done.  Will require having an area that is both cat and baby free for entire days (I plan to do some resin/water effects with them), so that is going to have to wait for my house.

Overall, I figure that the other dragon will be done being assembled tonight, and then I just have to figure out if I have enough room in my cabinet to store the Aether Wars models.  I'm running out...

And then, once all of this is done, all that is left is to paint.  And paint.  Oh god, I have a legion of grey!!!

Edited by readercolin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in South Korea, we haven't been under any official lock down, but the schools have been closed for the past month, so subsequently I've not been working and my 4 year old daughter has been home. Despite 'not doing anything' and living Groundhog Day, I've never been more busy keeping her entertained for every waking minute.

I've managed to cut out 4 blood bowl teams and build them on the rare days she goes to her grans. Got a chance to base coat them today, first I've had in 2 weeks. Base coated them white because I want to try contrast, felt very weird after years of black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GuitaRasmus said:

Trying to get my The Drowned (Nurgle Daemons Warcry warband) ready for painting: 

Duke1.jpg

Duke2.jpg

group1.jpg

I had this idea of a warband (Nurgle allegiance) made from deep sea horrors and horrible drowned zombies. Think Deepkin, but much more dark. The idea is that sailors and divers (which I'm sure exists in the mortal realms - if not, they do now) sometimes succumb to ilnesses of the ocean, like scurvy and other horrible diseases. When they do, the great father offers them the chance to be freed from pain and suffering - if only they wow to serve him in the sea. Many say yes, and plunge themselves into the sea, while wowing their pledge to the Nurgle. Indeed, the pain and suffering disappears, but so does their will and sanity. All that is left are bloated, drowned hulks of the men they were, seeking only to taint the living.

They are led into battle by the Duke of the Depths, a silent knight of the ocean, carried into battle by a huge squid-beast, accompanied by horrible giant Whelks and other sea monsters. 

To most, they are little more than a legend that is whispered of by the campfires in the eightpoints. Stories are told of warbands, treading dry and barren earth, and suddenly finding their feet submerged in ankle high water. Through a heavy fog stumbles the rotting forms of once noble seafarers and divers, and horrible monsters emerge. Few have seen them, and fewer still have survived to tell the tale of The Drowned. 

 

Epic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...