The Lockdown/Isolation Hobby Progress unity/log!

Overread

6 hours ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Decided to have a crack at sculpting green stuff, as I've been watching a fair few videos on it and have plenty of time for putting effort into my minis now. Here's a couple of Skeleton Warriors I decided would be my guinea pigs for the experiment: :)

pjODDM3.jpeg

Nice work! That fur is looking great.

• Like 2

I've spent a few months (and a lot of greenstuff) working on this Archaon conversion :) Got a bit of backstory to it, but it's long and I'll leave that to its own thread at some point, but it's the leader of my other wendigo forces. Still hours of work left to go mind.

20200726_233230.jpg

20200726_233220.jpg

20200727_122440.jpg

20200727_122445.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

On 3/28/2020 at 1:19 AM, JPjr said:

This week I then spent the first half staring at that list, then at the wall, the laptop, the wall, the contents of the fridge, the wall, the laptop, just unable to do anything

Good on you for talking about it here. This is an absolute ****** time at the moment. On another note I’ve enjoyed your posts and banter - keep that up please! :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Finished that unit of Skeletons I was trying out some green stuff work on. Very pleased with how they came out, might take the aesthetic across to the rest of my Deathrattle:

KmsxL8s.jpg

This are great! Make them look a bit more evil/gritty than the standard ones!

41 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Did some work on a wing :)

20200728_132506.jpg

Incredible!! Are you doing the other wing the same?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Incredible!! Are you doing the other wing the same?

Thank you! And I'm hoping to - well, sort of. The toothy gums will remain, but this wing had the eye of the KoS head (it's hard to tell but it's also green), and the other eye will be the stag skull - not just a black hole, but a bit of the socket around it. This is by far the most work I've ever put into a model!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Thank you! And I'm hoping to - well, sort of. The toothy gums will remain, but this wing had the eye of the KoS head (it's hard to tell but it's also green), and the other eye will be the stag skull - not just a black hole, but a bit of the socket around it. This is by far the most work I've ever put into a model!

Gotta post those updates! It's gonna look incredible.

• LOVE IT! 1

Well... I have now successfully (ish) painted 3 (three) whole models this lockdown. Go me.

I had actually, if somewhat hopefully, planned to smash through about 20 Squigs this weekend thanks to a rattlecan of Khorne Red but well it's about 36 degrees here now so ****** that.

TBH after berating myself at the start, early stages, mid point and late period of lockdown I had managed to find some kind of peace with my indolence so I wouldn't mind, so much, but then also having vowed that I wouldn't ever go near 40K I may have done something really quite stupid and bought a ****** load of Spacecast Eternals, whoops.

• Haha 2

@JPjr, I have noticed that in the rare event of me getting a block of free time my painting output often doesn’t increase much. I have worked out that painting more than an hour or so a day is often the best I can manage before it starts becoming a chore.  There are exceptions, if I am on the home stretch of a model and am feeling inspired I will often paint much longer. 

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 2