The Lockdown/Isolation Hobby Progress unity/log!

Overread

I took basically all of April off. This month I am aiming a bit low, but hopefully I can do more. 

I'd like to get 1 Dark Elf Linemen done for Blood Bowl.

I'd like to finish the Ardboyz I got halfway finished with.

I'd like to build and paint the stuff I got from Forbidden Power (Soulscream Bridge mainly).

I'd like to paint my Emerald Lifeswarm.

I'd like to build and paint these cool little objectives from a box I got from Games Workshop awhile ago. 

If I can get all that done I'd say it's been a good month, but who knows! Maybe I can find the will and energy to go beyond that.

The Marathon of Seraphon marches on! 

So I'd heard that skink priests and and starpriests were handy to have around. But what do in this age of quarantine when new models are unavailable?

'Counts-as' and conversions to the rescue!

I love my skink chiefs on foot and I'm sad they don't have rules anymore but they make fine priests too!

20200506_191332.jpg.929f015b1f04930e9144ff1000a81b90.jpg

Then I needed a Starpriest but I didn't want another one of the actual model. So I did a simple conversion with some Engine of the Gods bits as ruins or archaeotech. Regardless it's there to make the model match the Starpriest in height.

20200506_182910.jpg.4432c8b276c3ed0206e7cfae0d322ac6.jpg

After this it's on to the chameleon skinks!

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

Aaaannnndd done!

20200509_091520.jpg.289da86beb1496c1a4e66bd89378633c.jpg

Fifteen chameleon skinks and whatever that fugly little guy in the middle is supposed to be.

20200509_091419.jpg.27b9936834b32fa883ae5314e5a4743c.jpg

Just kidding! I know that's Oxyotl!  I'm still pretty sure Dracothian beat him half to death with the Ugly Stick. He looks like someone was trying to create a model designed to be racially insensitive to skinks!

20200507_182533.jpg.25bb6b13848795a0b43f40cf0d06460d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Greyshadow said:

What a beautiful collection of models @hughwyeth great stuff! Funny, I have been thinking of doing the Tidecaster to add to my line up of heroes - such an amazing model.

Thanks! It does highlight the progress in plastics- the face is fully detailed and a joy to paint and the rest of the model is beautifully detailed. Plus the pose is such that a zenithal basecoat highlight works really well!

• Like 1

I had planned to paint a 2k tzeentch force before the lumineth were released but work wasn't as quiet as I thought so I've only managed 15 acolytes and a gaunt summoner. Once the elves are released they won't be getting finished for a long time 🐄

20200511_164446.jpg

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 hours ago, Warmill said:

I had planned to paint a 2k tzeentch force before the lumineth were released but work wasn't as quiet as I thought so I've only managed 15 acolytes and a gaunt summoner. Once the elves are released they won't be getting finished for a long time 🐄

20200511_164446.jpg

I love the contrast between the pale blues on the cultists and the Autumn colors on the base.  Its quite striking!

2 hours ago, Kamose said:

I love the contrast between the pale blues on the cultists and the Autumn colors on the base.  Its quite striking!

Thanks, I've been really trying to push myself on these guys since my orruks have ended up as a speed paint tournament army.

10 Saurus Knights done! I still have 6 😑 left to paint but I think it's time for a break from the dinos.

20200515_080550_HDR.jpg.2f5ba5bbad3fb3fa72f44868c4450521.jpg

Hoo, boy! Look at 'em go!

20200515_080653_HDR.jpg.d6391a9bf5ea3cd2c41f6c95bee0695a.jpg

Golly gee, but them's some ugly models!

20200515_080603.jpg.e3ff5252f2a9e6382d0e6efc23cab919.jpg

Really starting to internalize why so many people wanted an updated range!  👍

I'm a little burned out on painting scaly, predatory, humanoid dino-men. So I'ma switch to furry, predatory, humanoid beastmen and see how that goes! 🐐

Edited by Kamose
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Kamose said:

Woot!

I got the battleforce and start collecting set at Christmas, which gave me a solid core of troops. I've added some warriors, and already had a lictor and some stealers for rogue trader, so its a nice little army! I plan to get some genestealer cultists as well and take full advantage of the overlap between the two forces. So far I only have the magus for them.

They'll go on the back burner for a while niw though, as I want to get some Necrons amd warcry stuff built before I buy more 40k models!

• Like 1

Tyranids were my first Warhammer army 18 years ago so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.  With Psychic Awakening out now, I'm having more fun with them than ever.  The customization you can do with a 'Nids army right now reminds me of 3rd Ed when I started playing.  So good!

🐜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kamose said:

Tyranids were my first Warhammer army 18 years ago so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.  With Psychic Awakening out now, I'm having more fun with them than ever.  The customization you can do with a 'Nids army right now reminds me of 3rd Ed when I started playing.  So good!

🐜

They've been very fun to paint! Not tried playing them yet, for obvious reasons. I'm looking forward to doing so though!

Spoiler

547818056_Proselytisers1.png.2e9e07c955bcbcf4fa557e594006b65d.png1504320582_Proselytisers2.png.2c3fe2ed431564b3530af3108b28f24f.pngIMG_2839.JPG.037822540f2b21f80599f7cac1150254.JPG

I took it as a chance to really play around with contrasts and washes. Not the best image, as I don't have good lights at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

Anyone up for a ‘Tale of X gamers’ kind of thing? 
no games to look forward to really hurts my progress 😅

I love the concept, it is on my gaming bucket list to do a proper one. I've set up a few but they always fall through, often through budget but even more so due to a lack of focus. Only one or two of my gaming friends are focused on steady painting. lol

@hughwyeth & @flamingwalnut 

the way I see it you can do it very organised, like my local GW does it. Every month a theme. Start with a hero and a battleline, next month add a behemoth, etc. 
Or very free flowing, set a rough points goal for every month and let the participants decide whatever they want to add regardless of the army. 

personally I would suggest something in the middle. Keep the challenge to a single army you can actually play at the end of it. But leave what you want to add up to the contestants. 
I will reward myself some hobby budget every time I complete a month, to further motivate me. 

what are your thoughts? And how many points a month?  250, 333, 500?