The Lockdown/Isolation Hobby Progress unity/log!

Overread

I met my goal of the month just last night! I had planned to finish a start collecting box’s worth of models and so I did. 10 ArdBoyz, 3 Gore-Gruntas and a Megaboss. 

The plan for April is hopefully the same but this time a Warchanter to be a true Start Collecting! Box. 

762C379A-D682-4210-9CDD-C190ACA1517F.jpeg

82FA9043-4E6F-435D-800E-D8F83E8EFE9C.jpeg

5B97C511-50B3-45EA-9C1A-9585F7241B46.jpeg

2A8606DC-25DE-4113-8827-9BBE2AFC4036.jpeg

5165C939-97A7-44D8-9268-A0D75941E56D.jpeg

7B7CA630-4B03-4A17-91BC-A3B66EB945A5.jpeg

371F3694-FD3F-41C9-A016-C118734EF3F8.jpeg

92A0B91C-B563-4088-A14D-54DD59325FCB.jpeg

4A869632-B055-43EB-970D-19A1CC92C674.jpeg

49879792-B096-4E52-B2C9-63E324154D48.jpeg

Edited by Ravinsild
  • Like 18
  • LOVE IT! 2

well... today has been a partial success, almost finished Thedra from the Godsworn Hunt, pretty pretty pretty rubbish paint job but it's been a while so just getting some paint down is a win.

unfortunately I just managed to knock over an entire pot of Contrast Wyldwood 😬. I'm not sure what's more troubling losing most of that or subsequently having to use half a toilet roll to mop it all up, I mean not really sure which will be the harder to replace at this point...

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, JPjr said:

well... today has been a partial success, almost finished Thedra from the Godsworn Hunt, pretty pretty pretty rubbish paint job but it's been a while so just getting some paint down is a win.

unfortunately I just managed to knock over an entire pot of Contrast Wyldwood 😬. I'm not sure what's more troubling losing most of that or subsequently having to use half a toilet roll to mop it all up, I mean not really sure which will be the harder to replace at this point...

I did the same with my Templar black today 😂

lost about half, so I’m apparently only doing half of my stormcast backlog  

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

I've managed to build a few models since isolation began:

Lord Arcanum on Griff Charger

Knight Incantor

2x Sequitors

ScarVet on Carnosaur 

Troglodon kitbash (only basic framework in place, no greenstuff yet)

Sunblood kitbash

Astrolith Bearer kitbash (only got the lizard put together.  The astrolith its self is not yet assembled).

At some point I might get the paint out, but not until I manage to get some of them primed first. :)

Edited by Rychek
  • Like 1

Worked my way out of some painting lethargy (finally) with an endrinmaster, started practicing with washes, new painter, and started getting a unit of thunderers done. My quality has improved so much from the arkanauts to the thunderers.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Going between painting Tyranids [genestealers] and Kurnothi/sylvaneth.. really love the models, a bit frustrating that there is only 5 kurnothi models as they are really nice, might buy another set and try some conversions/torso swaps. Going for a dark/warm forest feel with bright hair/tails/eyes as a contrast- might try different hair colours across the models. Might try some warpaint as well, going to base them with scrub/grasses. I'll be getting back to my Kharadron as well. I'm enjoying going between the different factions so I don't get bored with one pallet ..

IMG_7106.jpeg

Edited by silverstu
better pic..
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Going between painting Tyranids [genestealers] and Kurnothi/sylvaneth.. really love the models, a bit frustrating that there is only 5 kurnothi models as they are really nice, might buy another set and try some conversions/torso swaps. Going for a dark/warm forest feel with bright hair/tails/eyes as a contrast- might try different hair colours across the models. Might try some warpaint as well, going to base them with scrub/grasses. I'll be getting back to my Kharadron as well. I'm enjoying going between the different factions so I don't get bored with one pallet ..

IMG_7106.jpeg

Meanwhile my 40k army is World Eaters and my Orruk army is Bloodtoofs so basically everything is red. All across the board. 

12 hours ago, Kramer said:

Those scales are sick! Great model on the whole but those little marking really sell it! 😍

Thank you. It was a daunting task to do every scale by hand using that feathering technique but I love how it turned out.

• Like 2

I've been building and painting scenery kits, with the aim that when the lockdown is finally lifted I'll be able to invite everyone around, and do a warcry campaign on a packed table of ruins and fortifications. Luckily I stocked up on supplies before everything shut down, so have plenty to be getting on with. Not had much free time though, between work and D&D stuff its been non stop.

• Like 1

Awesome painted stuff here. 10 chainrasps in a week is awesome and they look great. I need so much longer 

DSC_0441.JPG.c11d363735d52c8607d1612c388e3589.JPG

Finally finished my first 500-540 point army (can switch dracoth weapons) . Inspired by the coulors of the Byzantine Empire. Always wanted to have a fantasy Version of them. Luckily i got all colours bevor gw closed. 

DSC_0430.JPG.8a1ec70c3685fe317c28923eae23181a.JPG

DSC_0423.JPG.4265af6cdab1b69cde50edae1ebe4d37.JPG

Edited by Dukeus
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

Today was a good day for model building.  My two oldest boys wanted to build models so they knocked out the following:

Middle Son's work:

7x Saurus Knights (Cold Ones were built las week, so just the riders)

9x Saurus Warriors 

1x Saurus Old Blood kitbash (my middle son decided he was going to use the leftover bits from the Carosaur Old Blood and made a pretty cool looking Old Blood on foot (not bad for a ten-year-old on his own).  

IMG_5565.JPG.d0b7109aa76be09f1bfa4ef267588ebe.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG.d4c8381f0368eb439a2b644efaf95ede.JPG

IMG_5567.JPG.7a3561f8a0759a0b5970c893ff16e752.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG.144a4c429628405d7e5f858714860440.JPG

Oldest Son's work:

almost the entire Nighthaunt force from the Soul Wars starter set.  He only had a couple Chainrasps left to build before it was bed time.

My work:

The Stormcast half of the Soul Wars starter set.  I actually built the Lord Arcanum on Griff Charger, Knight-Incantor and 2x Sequitors last weekend, but the rest were built today.  I even started painting the Lord Arcanum.  

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Made progress and finally assembled the last of the 140 Plague Monks I have for my 2k Pestilens force. Before all this happened I was playing 1k games with 70 Monks and the rest as a pile of shame to 'get around to one day, for sure'.

Finally though all of them are assembled and split into the squads they will be fighting in. 3 squads of 40 and 1 squad of 20.

Part 2 is painting them, so I can figure how to paint the larger kits to keep things cohesive. This is where the issues have started already... I decided to prime my Monks using Wraithbone, got 20 of them done before I ran out of the last of what I had of the paint.

I have some Ubshanti Bone, though unsure as it's a Layer if it's suitable to prime. I also have some Ionrach Skin, though that's more of a greenish tone and as I want to use Contrast Paints to get the Monks done without driving me nuts, I feel that paint will make the first 20 I did look a different shade.

Anyone have some good advice on how to proceed? I'm leaning to using Ubshanti Bone to prime the rest of my Plague Monks, then having the 20 I did in Wraithbone be the one 20-man squad. I made sure to use the last of my Wraithbone on one squad leader and the right number of banners and musicians to do so.

• Like 1

I would not use a layer paint in place of primer. I'd recommend just waiting until you can get more Wraithbone if matching the color using Contrast is your prederence. Alternatively, you could prime with a different spray and then paint using traditional paints.