Engine of the God and artefacts/command traits

rion82

Question

I’d like to  know yours interpretation about the engine of the god’s warscroll,and the question is:

who gets the bonus from artefacts/command traits?

this is a model with no pg that “rides” it,but it is a hero and also a  monster,and the only part of it which  specifies that counts like mount for rule porpouse  is the crew,so i was wondering  how does artefacts/command traits works on it ?

Edited by rion82

7 answers to this question

"For rules purposes, the crew are treated in the same manner as a mount."

Artefacts and command traits are definitely rules, so for their purposes the Engine model (including the Stegadon, since there is no rule to differentiate it from the Engine) is the Hero, and the crew is the Mount. The Engine lacks any rules that would otherwise limit how artefacts and traits apply (compare to the Stegadon with its Skink Chief rule).

You would be unable to apply any benefits from artefacts or traits to the Meteoric Javelins, but all other attacks are fair game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kadeton said:

"For rules purposes, the crew are treated in the same manner as a mount."

Artefacts and command traits are definitely rules, so for their purposes the Engine model (including the Stegadon, since there is no rule to differentiate it from the Engine) is the Hero, and the crew is the Mount. The Engine lacks any rules that would otherwise limit how artefacts and traits apply (compare to the Stegadon with its Skink Chief rule).

You would be unable to apply any benefits from artefacts or traits to the Meteoric Javelins, but all other attacks are fair game.

Thank you,i’d like to have another question to be more precise:

if it goes like that than the command’s ability of the thunder lizard’s constellation “prime warbeast “,that gives +1 att to the general’s mount,only influences the crew?

Edited by rion82

14 hours ago, rion82 said:

if it goes like that than the command’s ability of the thunder lizard’s constellation “prime warbeast “,that gives +1 att to the general’s mount,only influences the crew?

Ooh, that's a particularly weird one, and I'm not entirely sure.

The restriction is: "A Thunder Lizard general with a Monster mount must have this command trait instead of one listed..."

I think you could make a strong argument that the Engine of the Gods is itself a monster, and the crew of Skinks are not Monsters, so if you have the Engine as your general it won't be forced to take this trait. However, as far as I know, no models actually specify whether they or their mount are individually Monsters - it's always the model as a whole that has the keyword. That's where it gets a bit funky, and you'd have to apply some kind of "common sense" or wait for an FAQ.

If you did choose to take Prime Warbeast as your Engine's command trait, though, the +1 Attack would definitely only apply to the crew. I'd recommend choosing a different model as your General. ;)

Today we got an Errata for that question

Page 95 – Engine of the Gods, Description
Change the description text to:
‘An Engine of the Gods is a single model.
SKINK PRIEST: An Engine of the Gods is commanded
by a Skink Priest.
CREW: This model has a skink crew that attack with
Meteoric Javelins. For rules purposes, the crew are
treated in the same manner as a mount.
MOUNT: This model’s Stegadon attacks with its Massive
Horns, Grinding Jaws and Crushing Stomps.’

So, Artefacts that need a weapon will be useless because the Skink Priest doesn't have any.

• Sad 1