Games Workshop CLOSED

Overread

From their email sent around this morning after the UK lockdown last night. 

Hi Everyone,

Seems it’s finally time to stay at home and tackle that pile of sprue you’ve been stashing under the bed and finish that half-painted unit that’s been languishing on your desk.

The safety and wellbeing of all our customers and staff are paramount to everyone here at Games Workshop. In response to the developing global situation surrounding the spread of COVID-19, and following the advice and instruction from both the government here in the UK and throughout the world – we are closing Games Workshop sites around the globe.

This means that all our Warhammer and Games Workshop stores will be shut from the 24th March until an initial date of the 14th April. We’ll also be closing our factory and distribution centres – so our online stores (Games Workshop, Forge World and Black Library) won’t be selling or shipping any physical products during this period either. If you’ve recently placed an order and are waiting for it to arrive, please give us 48 hours to contact you. If you've still got questions after that, then please drop our Customer Service team a line via email, they’ll be valiantly working from home to ensure you’re supported over this period.

Now, more than ever, the wonderful spirit of friendship and cooperation that binds Warhammer hobbyists around the world is needed. With that in mind, the Warhammer Community and Warhammer TV teams are bunkered down in their hobby rooms at home ready to update warhammer-community.com with fun Warhammer news, articles and content each and every day.

And, of course, you’ll also still be able to keep yourself entertained with some cracking ebooks and audio dramas from Black Library’s digital offering.

Most importantly, everyone stay safe – be supportive to the people around you, and keep your mind and body happy and healthy. When this all blows over, we’ll get back to throwing dice together soon enough!

Sincerely,

Signature

Andy Smillie
Global Head of Warhammer Community Team
Tuesday 24th March 2020

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 4

We saw it coming but it's still a pity. By God-king Sigmar we'll get through this though, stronger and better than ever with our communities full of new ideas and grey armies on the shelves conquered for the promise day when their shining doors open once more!

Only the Faithful!

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

We saw it coming but it's still a pity. By God-king Sigmar we'll get through this though, stronger and better than ever with our communities full of new ideas and grey armies on the shelves conquered for the promise day when their shining doors open once more!

Only the Faithful!

Really glad I stocked up on some paints and glue (just in case) that were running a bit lower than I'm comfortable with. Forgot to get more Mournfang Brown though, but it's ok, for my troops I use contrast to skip basing and washing so I just use Skrag and Deathclaw Brown for belts :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I wonder how long it will take to get kits like the Stegadon back in stock with the backlog the factory shutdown will create. 

Yes, I was gonna expand a bit on my Seraphon next, but everything I need for them would've been an online order.  

Now I'll probably just expand a different project instead via eBay/Amazon (though even amazon is gonna be tight on GW stuff for the next bit).

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

The true hobbyist answer to this quarantine. :D

Yeah... that’s why I’ve been stockpiling unbuild models these past years

definitely not because of a lack of self control 🤭

Edited by Kramer
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yeah... that’s why I’ve been stockpiling unbuild models these past years

definitely not because of a lack of self control 🤭

Well I think my glue is Half-Way through and I still have 2 Start Collecting Boxes, a box of Brutes and a whole Megaboss on Maw-Krusha to sub assemble, paint, then build...so that's a whole army. I got a second glue just in case. Same for the paints, the main paints I used, if they were about 3/4ths used or so. 

25 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Well I think my glue is Half-Way through and I still have 2 Start Collecting Boxes, a box of Brutes and a whole Megaboss on Maw-Krusha to sub assemble, paint, then build...so that's a whole army. I got a second glue just in case. Same for the paints, the main paints I used, if they were about 3/4ths used or so. 

Smart. I don’t have those super glue reserves. 

6 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

What will I do without a constant and regular injection of new plastic kits?  

Don't tell me I am going to have to start digging into the model-kit reserves that I have been hoarding in my garage for the past ~30 years...

Sometimes this makes me feel like those crazy toilet paper people but of plastic.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

What will I do without a constant and regular injection of new plastic kits?  

Don't tell me I am going to have to start digging into the model-kit reserves that I have been hoarding in my garage for the past ~30 years...

Its time to start sculpting your own out of green stuff. Or... toilet paper rolls. Both equally valuable.