Corona Virus and The Hobby

Nos

So i no longer have taste or smell. I can't taste anything- the sensation of the food is there but zero flavour. I can't even smell whisky, or super spicy sauce, or anything. So one of the few things we can look forward to under lockdown- meals- has been taken away. No idea how long it'll take to come back. Extra misery sauce for me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Misery Sauce! All the calories but none of the taste.

Had heard reports of similar and was thinking that at least if I did get it and my wife had to do the cooking for once that might be a small silver lining.

Anyway fingers crossed you'll be fully back to health soon!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

So i no longer have taste or smell. I can't taste anything- the sensation of the food is there but zero flavour. I can't even smell whisky, or super spicy sauce, or anything. So one of the few things we can look forward to under lockdown- meals- has been taken away. No idea how long it'll take to come back. Extra misery sauce for me. 

That's rough! Sensory deprevation would make me insane.

Try to stimulate your other senses, with workout, music, movies (or just the sunset if you can see it from your home), and different materials to touch, like plastic, basing material, wooden paintbrushes, bristles, and a spill of Nuln oil.

Seriously though, this may help. I know they do the different tactile feel thing for kids, but in a situation where sensory input is already low, it may help you.

• Like 1