Predictions for The Not-Adepticon Studio Reveal

This is supposed to be the biggest reveal Games Workshop has ever done. What does everyone think will be announced?

I think safe bets are:
-more Lumineth info
-Sons of Bahamat reveal
-A warcry announcement, probably Scions of the Flame

What I think/hope will be revealed:
-Lumineth vs Sons of Bahamat boxed set
-New Warcry Starter Set with SotF
-The next season of Underworlds
-Order vs Destruction campaign book

In terms of everything else,  40k will likely get its next edition (8.5 or 9th), along with new additions to Blackstone Fortress, Kill Team, Blood Bowl, Aeronautica and possibly another teaser for the new Warhammer Television series they're developing. 

Edited by Gorks Pokin' Finger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can only agree on the save bets. I am curious if GW will do some new-factions-offensive for AoS. Behemath, Lumineth are somehow confirmed, Malerion/Malekith seem to be a logical addition for the near futue, Kurnothi are also already established in the world within the first lore snippets and we even have models due to Beastgrave. The Chaos-SC!-Box and Tome allow us to expect some new sculpts, including a new Chaos Lord with the new Weapon options, Knights and Warriors as resculpts.

• Like 1

Personally I would like to see new developments for existing armies. Ergo starting to make big in-roads toward replacing old sculpts. Slaves to Darknes got "half" way there with new warriors and knights, I'd like to see GW take that further with multi-part kits for both to replace the old ones. Or perhaps a big Skaven release of updated sculpts; or Flesh Eaters getting a "second wave" of models. 

Ergo I'd really like to see GW starting to update the model lines and also add more options into smaller armies. I feel like GW has built AoS really wide and has done really well gettin the game to a point where there isn't really a pure "market leader" like Space Marines are for 40K. Now I think that having gone wide its time to go deep into the individual armies. Give players of specific armies more reason to spend more money and increase their collections. 

• Like 11

I'm hoping for 2 things.

Sons of Behemat tease/reveal. With the Lumineth release imminent I wouldnt be suprised if the Sons are more teased then revealed, though I'd rather the latter. Seeing as they would realistically only be 2 or 3 kits (Heres hoping for 3) potentially a Scenery piece and a Battletome they could very well be unveiled. If they're not fully revealed they will be at Warhammer Fest for a May/June release.

And the other being an Order VS Destruction Campaign book.

It's far too early to announce the next season of Underworlds, (comes out in Fall) and we won't even get a teaser until the last two warbands are released. Maybe at the May event.

Likewise, not expecting even a tease of additional new armies until Lumineth and SoB are released.  Eventually I think we will probably get Malekiths army, Kurnothi, Grotbag Scuttlers, and a Vampire army, but that's probably over the next two years at best. It will be interesting to dig into the new battle tomes and see what teasers we get, if any.

While I'd love to see GW go back and add/replace a lot of models, I don't think it's in the cards anytime soon. Over in 40K land Psychic Awakening has been at best a single updated character sculpt for most factions so far, and most of the factions that are in dire need of models only just got their updated battletomes in the last year or so.

I suspect what we'll see is some of the oldest 2.0 factions maybe getting a refresh with new models, and some of the factions that didn't get a battlebox for 2nd edition (Fyreslayers, DoK, Deepkin, Seraphon, BoC, LoN, Orruks) getting a box this year with a new character model.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2020 at 7:37 AM, Overread said:

Personally I would like to see new developments for existing armies. Ergo starting to make big in-roads toward replacing old sculpts. Slaves to Darknes got "half" way there with new warriors and knights, I'd like to see GW take that further with multi-part kits for both to replace the old ones. Or perhaps a big Skaven release of updated sculpts; or Flesh Eaters getting a "second wave" of models. 

Ergo I'd really like to see GW starting to update the model lines and also add more options into smaller armies. I feel like GW has built AoS really wide and has done really well gettin the game to a point where there isn't really a pure "market leader" like Space Marines are for 40K. Now I think that having gone wide its time to go deep into the individual armies. Give players of specific armies more reason to spend more money and increase their collections. 

Honestly this. I'm trying to think how to phrase this without sounding ungrateful or entitled... however it does feel a bit insulting, perhaps, to have literal brand new armies come out (sometimes out of nowhere like Ossiarch Bonereapers) brand new massive plastic lines, when say the vampire leaders for death are almost all resin, a lot of Skaven are Resin, Chosen and some other important units to chaos are Resin, some of Khorne's leaders I know are resin and so forth. 

It would be refreshing to see all EXISTING armies updated to fresh clean new plastic with new sculpts over "here's another brand new army" whilst, in 40k, literally like all the Aeldari leadership is resin as well as Necrons... Can we just. Update what's old first? Seraphon could use some resculpts and I know some of their stuff is resin too... like come on you couldn't redo the Seraphon? Instead we needed...2 brand new armies? :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Naw its not ungrateful nor entitled its normal.

Even as a big fan of Ossiarchs (which prompted me to sell a load of stuff I wasn't using to buy into them) I still can say that I'd have been more expecting GW to update some other armies. The thing is everyone has a limit pointon how many armies they can collect. From one to several. 

So once you've got to your army limit any "new" army is just a distraction that you might not be able to afford and justify (even if you could buy into every army there's time to build and paint and play). Once you hit that limit you want to see your army updated. Ossiarchs are nothing to a Flesh Eaters army who only has Flesh Eaters.

So yes updates to existing armies are often well loved. I'd love to see DoK get some new models to diversify the army; to see Skaven get updated sculpts and see Slaanesh get a big roster of new mortal models. I love Ossiarchs; I still want to see Malarion's Aelves and the new Light Aelves look great. But yeah updates to existing armies are more "practical" choices that will get money out of me more than those new forces will. 

I don’t expect it to happen at any urgency or priority form GW for update sculpts of older armies. It going to be at the same pace at psychic awakening were it going be one or two models at a time for a certain army.

Also every time the Jack the price up to everyone but the UK market which remains affordable

Edited by novakai

Since safe bets are boring I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a new battletome for one or more of Stormcast/Nighthaunt/Nurgle/Daughters though most likely Stormcast or Nighthaunt.

My 2nd risky bet will be a new unit kit or two for skaven, probably acolytes.

18 hours ago, Overread said:

Naw its not ungrateful nor entitled its normal.

Even as a big fan of Ossiarchs (which prompted me to sell a load of stuff I wasn't using to buy into them) I still can say that I'd have been more expecting GW to update some other armies. The thing is everyone has a limit pointon how many armies they can collect. From one to several. 

So once you've got to your army limit any "new" army is just a distraction that you might not be able to afford and justify (even if you could buy into every army there's time to build and paint and play). Once you hit that limit you want to see your army updated. Ossiarchs are nothing to a Flesh Eaters army who only has Flesh Eaters.

So yes updates to existing armies are often well loved. I'd love to see DoK get some new models to diversify the army; to see Skaven get updated sculpts and see Slaanesh get a big roster of new mortal models. I love Ossiarchs; I still want to see Malarion's Aelves and the new Light Aelves look great. But yeah updates to existing armies are more "practical" choices that will get money out of me more than those new forces will. 

I could imagine people waiting for an army to get updated before even starting to buy into it. I wouldn’t be interested to even start collecting an army with a very limited/outdated miniature palette. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Since safe bets are boring I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a new battletome for one or more of Stormcast/Nighthaunt/Nurgle/Daughters though most likely Stormcast or Nighthaunt.

My 2nd risky bet will be a new unit kit or two for skaven, probably acolytes.

Skaven desperately need updated sculpts. It's the year of the Rat so one or two wouldnt be unlikely.

8 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Skaven desperately need updated sculpts. It's the year of the Rat so one or two wouldnt be unlikely.

Yeah, I also think it would be weird for GW to make the updated Skaven CAD files necessary for the Underworld Warband and Skaven bombardier then decide not to use them to update anything else in that range. Though who knows? I don't think we've seen any skaveny rumor engines lately.

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Yeah, I also think it would be weird for GW to make the updated Skaven CAD files necessary for the Underworld Warband and Skaven bombardier then decide not to use them to update anything else in that range. Though who knows? I don't think we've seen any skaveny rumor engines lately.

True but doesnt Chinese New Year extend into February? We've almost 11 months for something to come out and were definitely receiving the Sons and Lumineth in that time. I wouldn't be expecting a 3rd army this year so the only thing left to do is Update models really or add to Warbands.

1 hour ago, DestructionKev said:

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but is there any News on how we would get informed about the "biggest announcment" which they would have been made at the Adepticon? 

It will all appear in time on the GW community news pages. Basically GW will just do what they've done before and announce stuff there - likely making a video or something since they can do all of that in-house. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am going to post my uninformed and baseless speculation.

AOS: I think that we will very likely get a fairly complete picture of the Lumineth range and a teaser for the Sons of Behemat,  I think there will be a teaser image that will hint at new armies. I imagine an image featuring a representative of each grand alliance, Lumineth,  Sons of Behemat, Vampires and Slaanesh mortals.

I think that there will be a new Warcy box featuring Scions of the Flame and hopefully 'a new season' of warbands. We will also get a preview of the missing Underworlds Warbands, if there are any still outstanding reveals (I have not been following the reveals very closely). Personally I would be intrigued by a new Warhammer quest box for AOS but do not consider it likely. 

4OK: I do not play 40K so you can ignore this section entirely as it is entirely baseless speculation on my part.  I am hoping to see reveals for Dark Mechanicum and Exodites as those are two armies that would really make me consider joining the game. 

I also expect a new Kill Team expansion box in the same vein as Rogue Trader and something Blackstone Fortress related. I would love for a return of Battlefleet Gothic. 

Edited by Neverchosen

Exodites would be phenominal news, but I don't see it. If anything I'd be happier and surprised to see more Aspect warriors getting plastic updates. Eldar are one of the most backward armies in 40K at present in terms of having finecast models and old sculpts - what's surprising is that they are in really key positions too in the aspect warriors; a core part of the army rather than a support or hero end. 

Plus unlike Kroot in Tau, the Aspect warriors aren't a part of the army that got left behind as another part stole the lions share of sales and attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm just hoping for something from the Sons of Behemat. I'd love a full reveal but I could see why GW wouldnt as they'd prefer to focus on Lumineth so noone holds out on buying them.

Personally I'd love 3 kits for the Gargants, a Scenery Piece (Which doesnt seem too unlikely as realistically we may only get 2 new kits in total so it would help) and the Battletome. 2 kits could be Armoured, Ranged, Shaman, Standard Gargant variants and the 3rd could be a Leader kit with the ability to build King Brodd. 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Exodites would be phenominal news, but I don't see it. If anything I'd be happier and surprised to see more Aspect warriors getting plastic updates. Eldar are one of the most backward armies in 40K at present in terms of having finecast models and old sculpts - what's surprising is that they are in really key positions too in the aspect warriors; a core part of the army rather than a support or hero end. 

Plus unlike Kroot in Tau, the Aspect warriors aren't a part of the army that got left behind as another part stole the lions share of sales and attention. 

As I said I am not super well versed in 40k. I have a general knowledge and have seen some speculation regarding those two factions. I knew that Eldar had lots of fine-cast but didn't know it cut into base infantry. I also didn't know that about the Tau and Kroot, very interesting. 

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

As I said I am not super well versed in 40k. I have a general knowledge and have seen some speculation regarding those two factions. I knew that Eldar had lots of fine-cast but didn't know it cut into base infantry. I also didn't know that about the Tau and Kroot, very interesting. 

Yeah Tau I think had a big design focus shift after launching. Originally I think they were going to be a creative motley army featuring the mech suits and fire warriors as a core; but then have lots of random xenos armies like Kroot, Vespid and others. Representing smaller races who can't standon their own, but can stand and survive when part of the Tau Empire. However the mech suits just took off in a really big way popularity wise (even FW has a lot of them on offer). So Kroot got sort of forgotten whilst Crisis battlesuits and such got updates and new sculpts and versions. 

Eldar core troops are some of the oldest plastics along with some of their core vehicles like the Falcon. Meanwhile their asepct warriors which are sort of a half way between elite and core troops are all (barring the Aspect warriors and Banshee) finecast. So there's still a fair way to go for eldar. 

• Thanks 1