Competitive? Slaves to Darkness 2k list

TaurielBlack

Hey Ladies and Gents,

Looking at trying to make a competitive, and yet still fun with this Slave to Darkness list, list is of course open to change that and I've never actually played with the Slaves to Darkness, so I've 0 idea on what makes a "hardcore, hard as nails, suuuuper competitive list" for the Slaves, also as I've have yet to procure most of the models, that and the 2020 general's handbook isn't out yet xD But putting that aside for now, list is as follows:

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Ravagers
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Darkoath Warqueen (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Favoured of the Pantheon
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (250)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
- Ravagers Command Trait: Flames of Spite
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- Sword
- Artefact: Dimensional Blade
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
- Ravagers Command Trait: Master of Deception
Chaos Lord (110)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
- Ravagers Command Trait: Bolstered by Hate

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (300)
- Axes & Shields
10 x Chaos Knights (360)
- Cursed Lances
5 x Chaos Warriors (100)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (100)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Battalions
Godsworn Champions of Ruin (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 135
Thoughts, changes you'd make etc, 100% welcome :)

Edited by TaurielBlack

Well I'm not the most competitive player but it seems like you're on a good track to start the army off. I can offer a few suggestions from my experience. First I can say that between the Daemon Prince and the ravagers command ability you're going to be extremely strapped for command points, so while the warqueen looks interesting I don't think you'll have a lot of use out of it. If you dropped her you could ally in a bloodstoker which is very helpful for big units of chaos knights (they're really difficult to maneuver and the +3 to run and charge is huge). Also I personally like chaos marauder horsemen a lot more than 5 man warrior squads. They're faster, have a ranged attack with rend, and can screen a lot better if they need to.

After that personally I'd swap the artifacts and give the dimensional blade to the karkadrak since it makes him an absolute wrecking ball. That's preference though, easy for you to try it both ways and see what you prefer. Also I'd change the sorcerer to the general. If you end up going second then he'll have the anti shooting aura up on your opponent's first turn, which can save his life against some armies. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Well I'm not the most competitive player but it seems like you're on a good track to start the army off. I can offer a few suggestions from my experience. First I can say that between the Daemon Prince and the ravagers command ability you're going to be extremely strapped for command points, so while the warqueen looks interesting I don't think you'll have a lot of use out of it. If you dropped her you could ally in a bloodstoker which is very helpful for big units of chaos knights (they're really difficult to maneuver and the +3 to run and charge is huge). Also I personally like chaos marauder horsemen a lot more than 5 man warrior squads. They're faster, have a ranged attack with rend, and can screen a lot better if they need to.

After that personally I'd swap the artifacts and give the dimensional blade to the karkadrak since it makes him an absolute wrecking ball. That's preference though, easy for you to try it both ways and see what you prefer. Also I'd change the sorcerer to the general. If you end up going second then he'll have the anti shooting aura up on your opponent's first turn, which can save his life against some armies. 

Hey mate!

You definitely raised some good points, and with those in mind, I've rewritten the list, running the horsemen as nurgle to help keep them alive just that little bit longer 😮

With those changes in mind, and also a minor tweak to the warshrine, here is the new list:

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
- Damned Legion: Ravagers
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Deception
- Spell: Mask of Darkness
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (250)
- Artefact: Dimensional Blade
- Ravagers Command Trait: Flames of Spite
Chaos Lord (110)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
- Ravagers Command Trait: Bolstered by Hate
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
- Sword
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement
Bloodstoker (80)
- Allies

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (300)
- Axes & Shields
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (90)
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (90)
- Javelin & Shield
10 x Chaos Knights (360)
- Cursed Lance

Behemoths
Chaos Warshrine (170)

Battalions
Godsworn Champions of Ruin (180)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 80 / 400
Wounds: 135

Looks good to me! I'm not sure if it's the most competitive in the world, but it's got a lot of important pieces for the faction and should be a good starting point. The only other thing I've thought of is the knights with lances have been a bit hit and miss for me. Great on the charge with buffs but that doesn't always happen obviously. If you have a chance then I'd recommend trying both types of weapons out before locking in on a specific build to see what you prefer. 

• Like 1