Does the Lord Celestant's "Lord of the Heavens" ability could as him having shot in the shooting phase?

Arklight

Question

What I'm wondering is whether if the "Lord of the Heavens" ability when used in the shooting phase would then count as him having 'shot' for the purposes of the living city's command ability "Strike then Melt Away".  From the core book the only rule I can see that relates to this is under the shooting phase where it says "In your shooting phase, you can shoot with models armed with missile weapons." Since this ability is being used in the shooting phase, I'd see it as just being a non traditional missile weapon that doesn't require a normal profile since it doesn't require a roll to hit / wound as normal so was listed as an ability instead. What are peoples thoughts on this? Is there another rule I'm missing that would clear this up?

2 answers to this question

The rules are clear in what counts as shooting, only weapons that have the word missile on their weapon profiles (with the normal disclaimer unless stated on the warscroll). Abilities, that are not part of a weapon profile, do not count as being missile weapons. 

I had the same type of question with the old thundertusk 'shooting' ability.