Heyo all :) G'day from Down Under!!

TaurielBlack

G'day folks,

I'm from Australia, play the 3 main systems that GW makes, but for Age of Sigmar, I've been building/painting/playing Dispossessed, Wanderers, Celestial Warbringers and recently finally got around to starting a Slaves to Darkness Barbarian army 😮

If you have any questions, or just want to chat, feel free to hit me up ^.^

Tauriel Black.

1 hour ago, Battlehammer Jelly Thyme said:

G'day!

I have also started collecting Wanderers because who doesnt love a wood elf eh?
do you find that they lack a bit of.... thats something special?

What list are you using for them?

Thanks

BJT

Hey mate,

Yeah I do feel they lost alot've what made the Wanderers, Wanderers... But that was mainly due to the Cities of Sigmar book coming out, do I think they're by any means bad? Nah, but I'd have to have a proper tinker with them to find a workable list.

Something I've tinkered with for fun was the Viridian Pathfinders battalion, with some Sisters of the Watch, a Battlemage and some Evocators on Dracoline, along with a couple of endless spells as back up. But the problem I found was that I had almost no staying power, which hurt the army hard. (I was playing Living City as my city for the use of the old Wanderers bamfing trick)

If I was to do it seriously? Probably wouldn't use the pathfinder battalion, unless perhaps in minimum units sizes so i could have extra relics etc, but at that point it just seems like a tax. I'd definitely look at running alot've Eternal guard for objective holding, some Sisters of the Watch for some shooting fire power, especially now that they do mortal wounds, and some form of Stormcast for that little something extra in terms of punching power. Though if you wanted to stay pure wanderer units, I'd consider Wild Riders, as they're finally semi usable again. Oh and at least one Nomad prince, and a couple other heroes, at least 1 mage, possibly 2.

Hope that helps :) 

Edited by TaurielBlack

5 minutes ago, TaurielBlack said:

Hey mate,

Yeah I do feel they lost alot've what made the Wanderers, Wanderers... But that was mainly due to the Cities of Sigmar book coming out, do I think they're by any means bad? Nah, but I'd have to have a proper tinker with them to find a workable list.

Something I've tinkered with for fun was the Viridian Pathfinders battalion, with some Sisters of the Watch, a Battlemage and some Evocators on Dracoline, along with a couple of endless spells as back up. But the problem I found was that I had almost no staying power, which hurt the army hard. (I was playing Living City as my city for the use of the old Wanderers bamfing trick)

If I was to do it seriously? Probably wouldn't use the pathfinder battalion, unless perhaps in minimum units sizes so i could have extra relics etc, but at that point it just seems like a tax. I'd definitely look at running alot've Eternal guard for objective holding, some Sisters of the Watch for some shooting fire power, especially now that they do mortal wounds, and some form of Stormcast for that little something extra in terms of punching power. Though if you wanted to stay pure wanderer units, I'd consider Wild Riders, as they're finally semi usable again. Oh and at least on Nomad prince, and a couple other heroes, at least 1 mage, possibly 2.

Hope that helps :) 

Very true,

Ive got the sister of the watch and i think they are great, last time i played with them i had a friend charge them with Saurus Warriors and with there ability to shoot them on a charge, it cleared the Saurus out.. was so chuffed.

i was amazed at how well Eternal guards hold objective due to their abilities and having cast mystic shield on  them, they were so strong!
I did buy a box of Wildwood Ranger (the reverse box) but im thinking i might just make more Eternal Guards.
i find them with the Sister, with Kurnoth Hunters and a Waywatcher sitting back works well and a spellweaver near by to revive lost models.

I have invested in a Gotrek Gurnisson to play as my Centre Forward and he does throw his weight around, he just very point heavy at 520.