Stormcast aetherwings hunter ability moving into combat

Bozly

Question

So the aetherwing ability lets them very specifically move in the enemies charge phase.06372B84-CA1A-4C60-9BEC-A13557E3C43B.jpeg.898a9839c41bb089f12c4c3218598acf.jpeg

it doesnt say normal move. Referring to this faq39FADFA9-38C7-47BB-B7B1-C693C4D06378.jpeg.9aae6752347a2c10b921fe90b6917fec.jpeg

reading between these two i think i could theres no errata or faq on aetherwings specifically

specific question, could i move the aetherwings into combat and prevent the opponent from charging

Edited by Bozly

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You can move the aether wings into the path of the charging army. Well, you can try, you can only move 2d6"

Well i’m talking about putting them within 3 and basing them. Because it says a move not a normal move and it specifies that a move can go within 3. 

raw it seems right if i roll high enough i can do it i guess i’m just kind of in disbelief. I’ve been playing them as they cant move within 3 forever. its a big deal because you can shut down a charge for a whole turn potentially if you roll well.

Yes, you can move Aetherwings into combat with a unit that is about to charge, effectively shutting it down as they will now be in combat and cant charge. Depending on how the opponent has placed his unit, you can put an Aetherwing behind the unit and force him to pile-in away from your dudes, assuming the movement allows it.

As the FAQ says, any "normal move" means you need to respect the 3" away from enemy heroes. As soon as it is a random D6 move, you don't have to respect the 3" and can put the units into combat. 

Aetherwings are really insane against combat focused armies and super undervalued by many SC players.

To my understanding, this is the backbone of anvilstrike lists' screening. Thus i'm a bit confused it isn't more widely known. Then again not everyone (by a long shot?) follows competitive meta, so i might be elitist here :P