Warcry Warbands WIP - gotta catch 'em all!

Hi guys - been really enamoured with Warcry since it came out, but only recently (I got my first baby boy in june) had time to do something serious about it. 

I really like the game, and it appeals a lot to me that you only have a few models, so you can go to town conversion and painting wise. I've been messing about with some warbands (and have plans for A LOT of them), so this is a journal of sorts on my progress. 

First, a few warbands that I've assembled from previous projects and some new miniatures: 

Skaven: 

Skaven1.jpg

Kharadron: 

Kharadron1.jpg

Tzeentch Arcanites: 

Arcanites1.jpg

At the moment though, I'm working on a themed warband counting as Nurgle Daemons. 

I was really inspired by the idea of the Drowned Men warband from Wrath of the Everchosen - but more the name than anything else. I had this idea of a warband (Nurgle allegiance) made from deep sea horrors and horrible drowned zombies. Think Deepkin, but much more dark. The idea is that sailors and divers (which I'm sure exists in the mortal realms - if not, they do now) sometimes succumb to ilnesses of the ocean, like scurvy and other horrible diseases. When they do, the great father offers them the chance to be freed from pain and suffering - if only they wow to serve him in the sea. Many say yes, and plunge themselves into the sea, while wowing their pledge to the Nurgle. Indeed, the pain and suffering disappears, but so does their will and sanity. All that is left are bloated, drowned hulks of the men they were, seeking only to taint the living. 

They are led into battle by the Duke of the Depths, a silent knight of the ocean, carried into battle by a huge squid-beast, accompanied by horrible giant Whelks and other sea monsters. 

To most, they are little more than a legend that is whispered of by the campfires in the eightpoints. Stories are told of warbands, treading dry and barren earth, and suddenly finding their feet submerged in ankle high water. Through a heavy fog stumbles the rotting forms of once noble seafarers and divers, and horrible monsters emerge. Few have seen them, and fewer still have survived to tell the tale of The Drowned.

These are all WIP obviously, but any comments and critique is appreciated. 

The Duke of the Depths (Counts as plague drone leader): 

DoD1.jpg

DoD2.jpg

The Drowned (Counts as plaguebearers): 

drowned.jpg

The Angler Mangler (Counts as allied Chaos Lord - still pondering this guy): 

AnglerMangler.jpg

The Crabs (Counts as beasts of nurgle): 

Crabs.jpg

As said, comments and critique is much appreciated. :)

Much more to come! 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2