1.5k Tourney coming up need some advice

Rabidweasel

Hi all,

I posted originally in the Legion of Blood post (thanks for the advice to people there) but after some general LoN advice.  We've been starting AoS again at our FLGS and the next tourney is up to 1.5k points.  I really want to run Prince V mainly as i've recently built the model as part of a separate "Tale of Warlords" event we're also running.  Looking at various forums and Youtube vids it seems giving Prince V some sort of bonus to cast is a must to get quickblood off, but in 1.5k points it's hard to fit in a mortis engine (plus don't have the model yet, although could see if the TO would allow my coven throne as counts as) and a corpse car is quite slow to keep up with him.  Plus i need a hero to support my battleline.

My latest list therefore uses LoS for the inbult +1 to cast.  My original thought was to use LoB, but again i'm lacking Blood Knights to also take advantage of the +1 Attack.  I do also own Mannfred and was looking to do a tag team list with him, but fitting them into a viable 1.5k list is tricky.

So far i've come up with this:

Leaders

Coven Throne - General - Bound to the master - Etheral Amulet - Vile Transference

Prince Vhordrai - Pinons 

Necro - Overwhelming Dread

Battleline

40x Skeletons (Spears)

40x Skeletons (swords)

5x Dire Wolves

Skeletons are what i have modeled so can't take two blocks of swords or Spears.  I do have Chainraps i can use in place of the Skeletons as well.  Necro to babysit the blocks and debuff with OD if anything comes near, or pop Bound to the master from the Coven Throne  to get extra range on it.

Coven Throne to support Prince V with her reroll 1's to hit, wound and Save buff with the Amulet to help her staff alive if she does get targeted or charged.  Then Vhordrai to do what Vhordrai does best, smash face.

Would welcome people's thoughts! 

Thanks for that, but we're using battle host rather than vanguard so need 3 battleline.  Plus the small issue that i only have one VLoVD model!  Food for thought tho when we move to 1750.  Although i probably we try and sqeeze Nagash into the 1750 game.  Tried to fit him into 1500 but didn't leave much else other than a necro, block of 40 skeletons, 10 GG and 5 dogs! 

I will give you diferent idea. Since you play vhordrei, you dont need artefact for your dragon. That means you have 1 free. This opens some options.

Legion of Night

Prince Vhordrei (pinions)

Necromancer (artefact-claw, overwhelming dread)

Coven throne (general, swifr form? )

40 skeletons

2x5 wolfs

2 Morghast harbingers

Was plaing similar list before switching to lob. Just with mannfred instead of coven throne and 10 extra black knights and it worked for me.

Edited by ZLee Syn