Battle report:Warhammer Fantasy campaign "Call of Darkness"

Feinar

We are in no way against the posting of Warhammer fantasy content. The forums are here to share our love of the hobby and whilst TGA is focused on the Age of Sigmar, we are not closed to related content appearing. Lets NOT makes this into one of those stupid situations where we draw battle lines between AoS and Old World; and instead all enjoy what might be a new discovery for some new to the world of wargaming; or a trip down memory lane for others. Heck maybe it will inspire you to have some Old World games of your own - Dust off that Bretonnian army and whip a few local fans up into a game or three. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 2/25/2020 at 8:01 PM, Feinar said:

Warhammer Fantasy campaign "Call of Darkness"
Part one "Raze & Ruin"
It was really wonderful game!!!

Love it.

it really sounds great, and reminds me if how much fun I had back in the days.

I’ll definitely be watching your video this evening just to have something that goes with me painting😉😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dead Scribe said:

I agree.  WHFB is dead.  This isn't the forum for that type of game.  

Give him a break.

I understand why AoS players don't want to listen to anything related to WHFB (I'm sort of a forum-lurker, the "transition" was crazy in some forums), but I must say that there are a lot of WHFB players that are AoS-friendly.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Love it.

I’ll definitely be watching your video this evening just to have something that goes with me painting😉😁

Cool! Thank you!

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Love it.

Thank you!!! :)

On 2/27/2020 at 9:37 AM, Beliman said:

Give him a break.

I understand why AoS players don't want to listen to anything related to WHFB (I'm sort of a forum-lurker, the "transition" was crazy in some forums), but I must say that there are a lot of WHFB players that are AoS-friendly.

Yeah I started with AOS, and while I'm 100% certain I will never play the actual WHFB tabletop game, I absolutely LOVE the video game that's essentially the same so far as I can tell (Total War: Warhammer II). So I play AoS tabletop and WHFB in the video games and I like both. For a variety of reasons. It's neat to play Dark Elves as they were, even though I don't know I'd ever play one. Also I can play death and run it how I like, whereas in AoS the way I tried always failed and I lost 13 games in a row before I sold my death army lol. 

However WHFB doesn't have Ironjawz and I love them too much to not play them :P

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

However WHFB doesn't have Ironjawz and I love them too much to not play them :P

Grimgor, and 19Black orks and biggens in any combination and boom you have your perfectly looking Ironjaws army.

And with a bit of luck we might soon see a ork and goblins dlc, with different black ork units, having a variety of weapon options.

although that’s just wish listing (of a ton of people me including  

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 7:33 AM, Dead Scribe said:

I agree.  WHFB is dead.  This isn't the forum for that type of game.  

In three years when the Old World releases, will there be a Live Scribe telling you to get your AoS "dead game" content off our forums I wonder?

So long as people play a game and enjoy a universe, it ain't dead. Look at the massive success of games like Total Warhammer and Vermintide. Look at the new WFRP edition. Look at GW making a new mini game in the Old World. Let people enjoy their things. It doesnt hurt your game at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/29/2020 at 7:54 PM, Deepkin said:

In three years when the Old World releases, will there be a Live Scribe telling you to get your AoS "dead game" content off our forums I wonder?

You don't need to wait 3 years to know what they think about AoS.
You can do the test:

1. Go to Warhammer Fantasy Reddit (not even a private forum...).
  2. Put some Liberator photos. Don't forget to put just only round bases.
  3. Wait for answers. Copy them, and post here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Beliman said:

You don't need to wait 3 years to know what they think about AoS.
You can do the test:

1. Go to Warhammer Fantasy Reddit (not even a private forum...).
  2. Put some Liberator photos. Don't forget to put just only round bases.
  3. Wait for answers. Copy them, and post here.

What’s the argument? „Others hate, so we should hate too“?

Sounds insane to me.

Mod notice

This is not the place to discuss the pros-cons of different wargames - please take that to its own thread if you wish to discuss them. That said I will note that TGA is not here to act as a hostile board in any way and as such attempting to insult gamers of other game systems will not be tolerated. 

Edit - note any further posts in this thread continuing the discussion along these lines will be removed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Feinar you may of mentioned it and I missed it but what edition for WHFB did you guys use and why? was it what you had or did you select one specifically? I know its last 4 generations had some key differences and am just curious.

Anything that makes the hobby more accessible seems like a net positive to me . I grew up in a country where there was no games workshop and probably wont be one for decades(hell there isnt a mcdonalds yet so we can't do bigmac index) closest one was a flight to Europe. We had clubs in a jeweler/model train shop and folks had stuff they had got on business trips or used books this is of course before the internet being part of everyday life(though we did participate in the eye of terror campaing and storm of chaos online campaigns.) . I now live somewhere with no stores that sell hobby stuff but a few clubs and am still in that rogue trader era DIY mindset. in general  think making a hobby accessible both games and craft wise is a net positive, clubs if they dont already have it seem to be able to get the books and a couple of armies for some editions for about the price of a start collecting AoS set while others cost about as much as nice computer and may be a more doable option for some groups

• Like 1

Things I wish the WFB and AoS Communities would keep working on:

1. Converting a lot of the Old World Lore, Books, Scenarios, and Armies (Brets, TKs, and High Elves) to play better in AoS.

2. More rules to bring the new models into WFB games. IMO, SCE and KO are maybe the only armies that need a lot to work to fit into the WFB setting.

• Like 1

Thanks. That seemed to be the go to for to me. though 6th always has a place in my heart but that could just be cause a almost every army got some update and meta capacity before storm of chaos,which never seemed to really happen again.  I'm aware it had a lot of FAQs to balance(or make a few armies functional) may be hard to find; and the edition was VERY emphasized towards buying alot or expensive GW miniatures. However third party and used models seem relatively inexpensive so the later problem  shouldn't be as severe.

• Like 1