Celestant on foot vs LCoD

Dracothjay

So people, who prefers lord celestant on foot and who prefers Lord celestant on dracoth? I see a lot of lists with the on foot Lord. Is this because he is the cheaper option? 

Obviously on foot has the +1 to hit and on dracoth has the battleshock buff. So I'm just wondering who likes what?

Particularly with the Order battle trait (in the General's Handbook) granting rerolls on battleshock, I prefer the Celestant on foot's ability to get +1 to hit. While battleshock immunity is nice, I really enjoy my Retributors smashing face on 5s and 6s to hit.

oh balls! Wait......when u get the +1 to hit off with the celestant, if you teleport them rets do thy still get the +1 to hit? I think I've been playing it as a bubble ability. Example if you move out of his command range you lose it. I'm an idiot! 

Also, sounds a bit silly, but if you were headed to a match and wanted to be competitive not knowing what army or faction your opponent was bringing, but had a final choice to either take a unit of 5 protectors or 5 decimators, which would you rather take? I think protectors due to the 'unknown' monster threat.

7 hours ago, Nico said:

You could just take a unit of 20 Retributors and a Lord Celestant and 2 Vexillors and smash face. 1380 points I think. A tad boring.

Don't tempt people Nick :)

That combo still commands a certain amount of awe but it's minimum 5 drops and many armies will have the opportunity to take the edge off it before it teleports... And of course once it does it's quite static. LCoF is quite good in the Warrior Brotherhood formation of you choose to go second, then you have a decent chance of getting the buff off at the right time.

To answer the original question it's much easier to accommodate 100 points than 220 and the 100 point option has synergies that the other doesn't offer. ITB isn't that great as previously said Order can mitigate this quite well. It's not the Dracoth option is bad it's just that there are better options.

The one on foot is good for smaller games, his ability is great, but I've seen the mounted Lord take on a unit of 10 bloodwarriors, all with extra attacks and he smashed through them in two combat phases taking only one wound in return, before battering the blood secrator, there was some unlucky rice rolling on part of the chaos player but still he really is a tank 

The stormcast don't have a particularly good bravery considering how their described in all the books, do wonder want happens to them if they run away since when they die their taken back to the celestial realm so I'm guessing they have to run back 

Archived