Cities of Sigmar - Allegiance and Battalions

Vipoid

Question

I'm very confused as to how Battalions work with regard to City Allegiance.

Could I, for example, have a Living City army but then also include a Whitefire Retinue (which is 3-6 Hallowheart Wizards)?

If so, do the Hallowheart wizards from the Battalion become Living City in addition to Hallowheart (as per the Allegiance rules), or are they Living City instead of Hallowheart? 

And if I'm not allowed to include the Whitefire Retinue in a non-Hallowheart army, could someone point to the precise rule that specifies this? I've looked at the rules for Allegiances, for Battalions, for Point Costs and Detachment effects, and on the Battalion itself and none of them mention it. So if nothing else it would be useful to know where I need to look in future. 

4 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Vipoid said:

Could I, for example, have a Living City army but then also include a Whitefire Retinue (which is 3-6 Hallowheart Wizards)?

No sadly not, so since the whitefire retinue battaillon, requires hallowheart wizard, which are units that gain the keyword when they are used in that city.

so basically it wouldn’t work

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

No sadly not, so since the whitefire retinue battaillon, requires hallowheart wizard, which are units that gain the keyword when they are used in that city.

so basically it wouldn’t work

Oh, I see. I thought the Whitefire Retinue actually made the wizards Hallowheart itself, rather than requiring them.

Oh well, thanks for the answer and explanation.

When you choose your city, all your units gain that city keyword.  Each of the battalions list the unit type by warscroll title (not emboldened) and the city keyword (emboldened).  No cities warscroll can have more than one city keyword, therefore you can only take the battalion that matches your choice of city as you have to fulfill both requirements of the battalion.