Outdated Warcry Warband Roster Builder (Varanscribe)

Groomy

Hi,

I'd like to start some waves around the issue of an outdated roster builder (Varanscribe) and the lack of an up-to-date PDF template for a warband roster

I'm not pushing people to grab their pitchforks or start throwing things at GW but am attempting to get more people to email and/or reach out to GW directly and ask for this issue to be bumped up on their priority list. 

GW customer support email:  uk.custserv@gwplc.com
Warcry FAQ email: WarcryFAQ@gwplc.com

Do spend 2 mins of your time and send one question to both emails. Not gonna take much out of you. 

1. It would've been fine...ish if the Tome of Champions did not say "You can find a new warband roster for Champion Mode at ageofsigmar.com/warcry/" making this a promise not delivered. I'm fine with waiting but at least don't tell me to go look for stuff that ain't there.
2. It would've been fine if there wasn't a sea of new and amazing features in the game that the current roster just doesn't have the space for. 
3. It would've been fine if it was the first update to a roster but there is supposedly a third version already. The statement in the ToC allows for a fair assumption that a pdf is out somewhere.  

Let's make a request for it. To at least replace the PDF in the link above with a newer version, which has the mercs, the challenge quests, the wounds and the whole bundle of newer stuff in it. Suggest doing it before the new warbands hit the shelves.  We can use the pencil to write down the new warbands while they work on updating Varanscribe. 

From a customer perspective I feel insignificant when there is this little consistency in what we're told. Instead of bashing the guys in the comments, say "emailed" and show your support and interest in Warcry. It is a brilliant game after all.  

P.S. Spread this to your gaming/social media groups etc. It's not super easy to find the contact info for GW and maybe your friends want to but just don't know where to go.

Edited by Groomy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to leave this here for the time it takes GW to... Yeah, I'm gonna leave it here. It's the next best version for the official roster template that seems to have it all except for a separate favored warrior field and challenge battle tickmarks.

1. Wounds

2. Territories rules

3. Points per person and total current warband

4. Editable fields that you can just print out

I have no idea who made it so please go to their links at the bottom of the roster and buy them a round or two. This is properly good work. 

As for the official gods of chaos, how long has it been now since the last release?

Warcry_Warband_Roster_Interactive_TOC_English_V02.pdf

• LOVE IT! 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

No announcement anywhere, but it seems our prayers have been answered and Varanscribe has recently been updated to include both the new warbands and monsters&mercenaries.

Thanks for letting us know!

• 10 months later...