printed plastic books

Kramer

okay weird question and that's why my google-fu is failing me hard. 

I'm looking to do a conversion of the Gaunt Summoner where he's not on a disk but on a flurry of books. I will mainly use him for Silver tower. But that way I can use him in my slaves to darkness once in a while. 

But finding little plastic tomes... I can't find them. 

Does anybody have a lead on those? Preferably a mix of sizes, open and closed. The more variation the better, but for now I'd settle on anything really.

Stop looking for plastic as you're unlikely to find them. This kind of thing can be found out there (I've seen a few) but they are almost all in resin (because for small firms its more affordable - plastic casting is very expensive). 

And because I've not been looking recently I've not got any handy links. However what you want to focus on are details, accessories, modifications etc... for models. You will likely find a tome or book as part of a sites general display of things like candles and basing sets and such. 

Actually with some googling - I looked for candles though you can try other search terms. Basically hunt for accessories and items for the base and once you find a site selling/producing them have a look through their inventory - chances are they'll have some books/scrolls/stuff 

https://bitsofwar.com/home/656-imperial-books-of-salvation.html

https://bitsofwar.com/home/702-chaos-books-of-damnation.html

https://elementgames.co.uk/kromlech/conversion-bits/candles-books-skulls

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Overread said:

Stop looking for plastic as you're unlikely to find them. This kind of thing can be found out there (I've seen a few) but they are almost all in resin (because for small firms its more affordable - plastic casting is very expensive). 

And because I've not been looking recently I've not got any handy links. However what you want to focus on are details, accessories, modifications etc... for models. You will likely find a tome or book as part of a sites general display of things like candles and basing sets and such. 

Yeah In my mind resin was a form of plastic but your are right. Every new search term is a good one 😁

and thanks for the links in the second post. Clever approach! I’ll see where it leads me. 

thanks! 

For actual polystyrene plastic you are probably looking for spare bits from sprues for other things. I know that the citadel battle mage kit has a few hand held book options, as do both frostgrave wizard kits. Both can easily be built with other options, leaving the books free. Bits seller's might also have some spare. Older dwarf battle standards also feature a book of grudges, but I'm not sure to what extent the bits still circulate now that the kit is out of production. 

@EccentricCircle I would be surprised to find them on bits sites. But I might have them myself. Good call! 

@Baron Klatz no hadn’t thought of it! That’s going to be a bit too pricey though as I expect to need at least 15 but for the other little bits it’s a great option. It’s going an the list. 

thanks both of you! 

@Overread ordered a couple of the sets you suggested. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

And it may take a bit of surgery, but the piece de resistance should be the Tome of Eyes:

EB209CFD-8EA9-45A9-85C0-5C6FF8850016.jpeg.ba915dc0619f14af836c9d96fec55009.jpeg

Oh yeah that is an amazing call! I'll wait for my order to come in to set a bit up, but those flames might be just the thing to help connect them in a magical vortex!

26 minutes ago, Memnoch said:

The Lord-Exorcist has a book that might work. 

Thanks! I might just get one for my stormcast anyway. So there might be a way to take the book away and convert him later. 

Edit: Looking at the sprue, it seems like the book is just placed on an open hand.... but no book on the sprue 😂

Edited by Kramer

27 minutes ago, Dracan said:

I did a gaunt summoner on disk just last weekend from a walking one i got second hand and the burning chariot disk.

The burning chariot kit comes with about 5 books/scrolls iirc, the lord of change kit also comes with a big book for one of the staff tops.

20200215_193427.jpg

20200215_204511.jpg

Don’t tempt me tzeentch! I don’t need another army. That’s how it starts! You buy one model for a conversion project. Well the start collecting because that’s cheaper naturally and boom! I got a new army 😉

I like the suggestion and it’s a good way to get the disk. I just have my heart set on keeping that silver tower library theme. 

This sounds like an awesome conversion idea and one I might need to consider at some point. I've been tempted to start a Tzeentch army pretty much since thier first battletome, but resisted for years. Then I had to get Aether War for dwarven purposes, so I guess my path towards the changer of ways has now begun! I'd better finish off a few projects before I get anything more for them though...

Edited by EccentricCircle

• 2 weeks later...