Best Primer for Bone Colour

Matthius19

Hello all, 

I am about to embark on my first project in god knows how long and am curious as what is the best primer colour for painting bone?

The Ossiarch Bone reapers looks amazing imo and I want to get them right. I will probably follow the colour scheme in the Feast of Bones box set and base coat with Morghast Bone. However, this is a new colour to me so not sure whats best to prime it with, black or white or go for a bone colour primer like what Army Painter do?

Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully received. 

TIA

@Matthius19 You’ve picked a good army for perfecting that bone recipe that’s for sure! 

For my bone reapers I’ve been priming in White as it’s much quicker to get a solid coat of that bone colour compared to black. 

I haven’t tried it myself yet but you could probably prime in a biege/light brown colour and that’d work well, or if using gw primers I reckon Wraithbone would work well too. 

What other colours will you be using for the scheme? That might be the biggest differentiator between whether white or a bone colour would be better.

Hope that helps! 

Edited by Maxi99

40 minutes ago, Matthius19 said:

thank all. appreciate the help. I bit the bullet and went white for the bodies and black for the shields.

I haven't painted properly in ages so lets see what happens :)

Good luck 😃 

Would be good to see some pics once you’re done too