Warcry - Seraphon Discussion

Kramig

15816823459909121571555831503428.jpg.d7678371300d0e970d5566218499e4d7.jpg

I am waiting for them from the beginning of Warcry... 

According to the description, there will be very fast units and slower (saurus). There should be units for every cluster of points group. 

Do you think terradon will have also shooting attack?

Edited by Kramig

cold blooded saurus, so the movement is appropriate, but the low strength is really irritating me. more strength at fewer attacks would make more sense as the cavalry is a mobile lite-hammer, not a critfisher. but who cares anyway as all seraphon lists will consist of flyers, like every other armies out there who arent made of as most monsters as possible. game is going from petty small scale gang warfare to some elites standoffs.

• Like 1

looks like the leaked knight is the squadleader with a forgotten rune. cavalry seems now very cheap, as the whole army seems very cheap. the sarus warriors are a bit ... disappointing, would have seen them a bit stronger but so they are just gors with better runes and worser move and pointscosts.

• Like 1

Interesting comparison between the Seraphon's "Nimble retreat" which requires the model to be within 1" of the enemy, and doesn't require a roll in order to get a bonus disengage and the Skaven "Scurry Away" which requires the model to be within 3", and requires a 4+ on the roll to get a bonus disengage.

I think, overall, the Seraphon's version is "better", but the Skaven one can (if you're lucky) cover some edge cases, and allow more tactical movement.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 7:12 PM, plavski said:

I was so disappointed to open my pack and find no skink with shield and pipe. It's like the only way anyone has their skinks built for AoS and there's no card.

Shouldn't be too hard to knock up a home-brew version. I might do it when I get some time.

Edit: I'd make them the same as a Skink with Boltspitter and Moonstone Club except: 3 Toughness, 2 Melee Attacks, 1/2 Melee Damage, 60 points.

--

13 hours ago, Ivo said:

So.. skinks and saurus have the same strength??? Whaaat

Yeah, most of the AoS warbands have nerfed fighters to get more variation/cooler models. It really bugs me that some very tough fighters that totally destroy Chaos Cultists in AoS are evenly matched with them in Warcry. So far I've managed to keep the ranting to a minimum on this one, though. 😉

E.g. In AoS, Skinks are 7 point models and Terradon Riders are 40 points. Therefore, to have them non-nerfed in Warcry, they'd need to cost around 400+ points. GW doesn't wanna do this so they weaken them down to the 200+ mark. Same with Suarus.

If you want non-nerfed Seraphon, check out my home-brew cards (I'll be updating them soon):

--

So my son played in a tournament at our local GW store today with 500 points of Skinks. They played very well and, provided you use their speed and agility to keep them out of melee and peppering the enemy from a distance, did more damage than anyone expected. Nimble Retreat (free disengage) and Rush (for extra speed) were the stand-out abilities. The quad is super fun as the opponents were keen to get into melee and, with some high dice values, found themselves on the receiving end of 6 Attack, 6 Strength celestially-charged monstrosities!!

--

P.S. I mean really!!! Bloodcrushers squaring up with Cultists and not just turning them into a fine red mist?!?!  Is Khorne on holidays or something!?!?! OK, sorry, rant over. 😋

Edited by KhaosSpawn
Added stats for Skink with Boltspitter and Star-buckler.

Saurus are going to be great chaff, skinks will be good board control, but maaan that quad is going to let rippers or leaders really tear stuff up.  I think I'm pretty excited, but why oh why did the cold one riders not get the voracious apatite ability rune?  It would have made sense and made them actually good.

I tried the list posted before against gloomspite (3 boingrot/hoppers and 5 bowmen) 

Saurus guard is very good: much resistance and the triple is very very good! 

I never had the chance to try the quad ability... 

Skinks are fast and the arrows with 4 dmg critical could be insidious for your opponent

• 2 weeks later...

For their uses i think blowpipe/club is fine, you're basically just going to be running them around shooting things and creating a diversion, that if not taken seriously enough will also deal some crazy critical damage.  Even with a shield they'd die to a stiff breeze, so a good mix of a bunch of skinks and some guard should be a powerful enough list to get through most battles.

• 2 months later...

I made a rundown video for these guys. Clouds of blowpipe skinks of course the most powerful thing you can do with Warcry Seraphon, but there's a lot of play to the Guards, Knights, and Flyers. Poor Saurus warriors would be a perfectly serviceable unit if skinks weren't just better.  The club+shield skinks are a better Saurus Warrior, and they aren't even the best skink!

Hopefully one day we'll get kroxigors.

• Like 1