Events UK: Fast & Furious - Leeds 23rd October

Soup Dragon

1 hour ago, HadrielCaine said:

Just about to submit my list but thought I'd post it here too because I'm so wildly confident ;) 

Unit

Glade Lord

Shadowdancer

Spellweaver on Purebred Steed

10 Wildwood Rangers

15 Waywatchers

2 Warhawk Riders

Total: 1000

I only see one battleline unit there - 15 Waywatchers, and you need 2. Wildwood Rangers are only Battleline if your whole army is Wanderers, and you have Wanderers and Wood Elves. Glad you posted here first, so you can make adjustments before submitting properly ^_^ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HadrielCaine said:

@Soup Dragon sorry I had intended to drop them as multiple units of 6 or 3. Didn't realise I needed to separate on the list. Is that fine as written (can't drop a 15 unit anyway I think?) or would you like me to resubmit? A

Can you resend please Adam. 

Please state what units you are taking and how many models in each unit. It makes it much easier for me to check lists for 'legality' and then there is no swapping around of unit sizes on the day.

Cheers

3 things:

1. Due to a drop out, there is a spare place to enter the event. If you wish to take it, then send the £15 to my PayPal account paulrosann@aol.com and I'll add you on

2. Minor change in rules pack. The previous rules pack allowed +1 to saves for being partially in terrain. The latest GW FAQs are very clear that you only get the extra save if all models are completely within the terrain. The event pack has been modified to reflect this.

3. In your army submissions please make it clear which models are in which unit. For example if you were taking 20 Savage Orruks in 2 units of 10, then please put 2 x 10 Savage Orruks (or 10 Savage Orruks + 10 Savage Orruks) - NOT just 20 Savage Orruks

Edited by Soup Dragon

14 hours ago, Soup Dragon said:

Yes please. Coins are fine, but proper markers look so much nicer. No markers to be greater than 50mm diameter, anything smaller is fine

You're killing me here Paul, mine are on 60mm bases ?

I'll just use tokens instead ?

So all the army lists and menu orders are in. A pretty even spread of factions:
8 x Order,
6 x Chaos,
7 x Death,
7 x Destruction

The FULL army lists are attached to this post, so you can peruse them. Entrants, please check your lists and ensure I have them correct. Get them here: Army Lists.doc

The round 1 draw will be done on Friday evening by my daughter pulling names from a hat, and put on here. That gives you a full day to study your opponents list, so no excuses for not knowing what their army does.

Menu choices are:
2 x Five Bean Chilli
2 x Veg Lasagne
5 x Steak & Potato Pie
7 x Roast Pork
15 x Roast Beef

There is still a spare place if anyone wants a last-minute entry. Just contact me.

Edited by Soup Dragon

1 hour ago, Beasts of Nurgle said:

Is it a typo that one of the guys gets 5 kurnoth hunters for 180 pts? Very scared of mourngul / stormfiends

Yeah thanks, just a typo on my part - he's bringing 2 lots of 3!

Tony Moore played a list at FHGT 1000pt event - Tomb Banshee, 2 x 10 Zombies, and 2 yes TWO Mournguls.  Now THAT was scary. Agree that 3 x 3 Stormfiends is very strong too. It will be very interesting to see how it all pans out on Sunday

7 hours ago, Nico said:

Some very interesting lists - seems to be Order pew pew vs how many points can I drop in a single model and get away with it for Death with nice rounded Khorne and Destruction armies. Will be great to see the coverage of this one. 

Not all the death lists are like that Nico!!!!

Edited by Rob

2 hours ago, ThereIsOnlyJoe said:

There's some laugh-out-loud amazing lists there.

Mad props to Darran for 100 grots
Lee Madely's disgustingly wonderful SCE list
Jon Green has my favourite list
Jonny Statham's mini necroknight bomb
Tony Moore's "suspicious" 400 points of summoning

Not sure what you mean by suspicious ?