Events UK: Fast & Furious - Leeds 23rd October

Soup Dragon

Event Title: Fast & Furious
Event Author: Soup Dragon
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 10/23/2016 09:00 AM to 10/23/2016 06:15 PM

The General's Handbook has been out for a while now, and most people to seem to think it works pretty well, so it's time I ran a tournament with it. There's been several 2000 point tourneys, so I thought we'd have some variety and pack 5 games of 1000 points into a single day - 'Fast & Furious'! 

Game System: Age of Sigmar
Date: Sunday 23rd October 2016
Main Street
Shadwell
LEEDS
LS17 8HH
No. of Games: 5
Comp System: 1000 points with modified General's Handbook scenarios
Cost: £15

This is a relaxed tournament designed for players wanting a fun day of AoS AND for those tournament regulars who like a competitive game. Although there are prizes for the best game results in each Grand Alliance, you'll need to be a fully rounded player to win overall as there are Tournament points for painting, sporting and admin as well as for gaming.

We'll play 5 randomly selected scenarios from the General's Handbook slightly modified to work better at 1000 points.

The complete Comp Pack with full details and scenarios is at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu003kfipip4qxe/Fast %26 Furious v1.3.doc?dl=0 

Please have a thorough read through it. It is currently v1.3 - this should be the final version, but do let me know if you spot errors or have queries.

Refreshments are provided all day in the price. We have an agreement with the pub next door so you can buy beer etc. there and drink it at the venue. Lunch is included in the price and is a Sunday Roast Dinner at the Red Lion pub next door with a choice of :
Roast Pork & Apple Sauce - selection of vegetables and potatoes
Roast Beef & Yorkshire Puddings - selection of vegetables and potatoes
Homemade Steak & Potato Pie - vegetables and chips, mash or new potatoes
Vegetable Lasagne - with garlic bread and salad
Five Bean Chilli - wild rice and pitta

You WILL need a painted army on round/oval bases, and 4 pieces of painted Terrain

You will also need to submit your list beforehand - deadline is October 15th.

There will be Awards for overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, Best in each faction (based purely on game scores), Wooden Spoon, Best painted, Best Sports and spot prizes each round.

There is plenty of parking at the venue.
The 7S bus from Leeds City Centre stops right outside the venue if you are using public transport.

Timetable:
9.00am - 9.30am Registration
9.30am - 10.50am Game 1
10.50am - 11.05am Break
11.05am - 12.25pm Game 2
12.25pm - 1.15pm Lunch
1.15pm - 2.35pm Game 3
2.35pm - 2.50pm Break and Best Army Competition
2.50pm - 4.10pm Game 4
4.10pm - 4.25pm Break
4.25pm - 5.45pm Game 5
6pm Award Ceremony

Entry is by payment of £15 to my Paypal account - paulrosann@aol.com Please pay using 'gift or friends and family' to keep costs down. And remember to include who you are paying for. There are 24 places available. 

Feel free to let me know if I have missed any information off, or you need any clarification.

Fast & Furious

Edited by Soup Dragon
updated info
  • Like 1

This area is for Entrants lists etc

Entrants:
1. Dan Quirk - List & menu choice received
2. Jonny Statham - List & menu choice received
3. Richard Wilkie - List & menu choice received
4. Jon Green  - List & menu choice received
5. Joe Purcell- List & menu choice received
6. Alexander Ley- List & menu choice received
7. Adam Cunis - List & menu choice received
8. Owyn Abram - List & menu choice received
9. Arthur Treitl - List & menu choice received
10. Jayson Franklin - List & menu choice received
11. Matthew Hinton - List & menu choice received
12. Paul Graham - List & menu choice received
13 Nick Lloyd - List & menu choice received
14. Martin David Hall - List & menu choice received
15. Ben Johnson - List & menu choice received
16. Bart Janicki - List & menu choice received
17. Adam Turner - List & menu choice received
18. Edward Bennett - List & menu choice received
19. Joe Grimwade - List & menu choice received
20. Peter Dawes - List & menu choice received
21. Rob Crouchley - List & menu choice received
22. Martin Morrin - List & menu choice received
23. Pete Foley - List & menu choice received
24. Tony Moore - List & menu choice received
25. Darran Palmer- List & menu choice received
26. Nigel Chorlton- List & menu choice received
27. Lee Madeley- List & menu choice received

Reserves

Edited by Soup Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HadrielCaine said:

This sounds like a GREAT excuse to visit my parents on the Saturday and then smash some games out pre clash! I'm putting a team together from Angel Wargamers and Yorick Gaming... how would you feel about YouTube coverage on the day (depending on the others' avails ofc)?

YouTube coverage would be fab! The more exposure we get, the faster the scene grows. So would love to have you along and doing your 'thing'.

21 hours ago, HadrielCaine said:

Just seen in the pack that Compendium warscrolls aren't allowed... why is this? 

Not exactly sure, just a vague feeling that we should be moving on to the 'new' AoS and letting the legacy stuff naturally atrophy. Plus, several events are putting restrictions on Legacy stuff now. However, I have no strong feeling either way. I'm open to persuasion, so if you have some great reasons for allowing Legacy, then let's hear them and I may well allow them.

To be fair, at the last event I ran, they weren't allowed but Steve Wren turned up with a legacy army anyway (helps if you read the Pack before you get to the event) and we were fine for him to play. Mind you it was Steve Wren........

If we are to allow Legacy stuff, would you want ALL Legacy allowed (Including Hellcannons etc) or are you just angling after Tomb Kings and Bretonnians being allowed?

Tomb Kings are integral to Death - half the scrolls; all the shooting over -2 inches; all the artillery; almost all the infiltrators.

Chaos are quite reliant on some legacy heroes to be competitive (and to not be Khorne).

Dropping legacy is just a fat buff to Destruction who really don't need a helping hand now.

Edited by Nico

58 minutes ago, Soup Dragon said:

Not exactly sure, just a vague feeling that we should be moving on to the 'new' AoS and letting the legacy stuff naturally atrophy. Plus, several events are putting restrictions on Legacy stuff now. However, I have no strong feeling either way. I'm open to persuasion, so if you have some great reasons for allowing Legacy, then let's hear them and I may well allow them.

To be fair, at the last event I ran, they weren't allowed but Steve Wren turned up with a legacy army anyway (helps if you read the Pack before you get to the event) and we were fine for him to play. Mind you it was Steve Wren........

If we are to allow Legacy stuff, would you want ALL Legacy allowed (Including Hellcannons etc) or are you just angling after Tomb Kings and Bretonnians being allowed?

@HadrielCaine  has some really nicely painted Wood Elves... that should be a good enough reason as any :)

Edited by Donal
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Donal said:

@HadrielCaine  has some really nicely painted Wood Elves... that should be a good enough reason as any :)

This is my main thing I guess. I have an AoS specific Wood Elf Wanderers force that I did before the Order battle tome came out. So the 'legacy' stuff is my whole army.

I don't think GWs intention is to let stuff Atrophy. In fact I think the whole point of AoS and the compendium was to allow people to continue to use their collections without forking out hundreds of pounds on new factions. And I think that's the potential success of AoS in the long term- allowing anyone to use any models- why else would they have provided points costings for Brets, TK and the older WE warscrolls?

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2016 at 10:06 AM, Beasts of Nurgle said:

Hey guys, hopefully going to register for this soon! What's your stance on the State Troop Detachment + using freeguild units to fill it? See this thread for details

Hmmm. Interesting one this. It took me a while to get my head around the problem, but I see it clearly now. I can fully see and appreciate both points of view. My feeling is that, because the stats are identical (as far as I can see) between the relevant 'Empire' and 'Freeguild' units I will allow it. I know some people have problems with this battalion, but I am going to allow the use of the 'State Troop Detachment' using the Freeguild units. If it turns out that this combo is totally OP and broken, well so be it. I'd love to see it at work anyway. I find that only when people have played the list a few times do you get to really find out if it works. Mathshammer/theoryhammer often breaks down in actual play, and there's always a counter to any army. So bring it on!

NOW WITH SUNDAY ROAST LUNCH

I have done a slight change to the pack - updated to v1.2 there are no differences in the rules, but now lunch is a Sunday roast lunch at the pub next door included in the price! You will have a choice of:
Roast Pork & Apple Sauce - selection of vegetables and potatoes
Roast Beef & Yorkshire Puddings - selection of vegetables and potatoes
Homemade Steak & Potato Pie - vegetables and chips, mash or new potatoes
Vegetable Lasagne - with garlic bread and salad
Five Bean Chilli - wild rice and pitta

9 places left at time of this post

Wow! Just had a huge run on tickets and we are now sold out. I've even opened up a couple of extra places and they were taken straight away.

If anyone still really wants to come but didn't get a ticket, then leave a message here and I'll add you to a very short reserves list in case of drop outs

If anyone can give Powerstranger (Bart) a lift from Sheffield (the post above this) he would be very grateful and it would save him a hotel fee