Table 11        
Bart Janicki Chaos vs. Pete Foley Destruction
Table 12        
Spare Player Destruction vs Jonny Statham Death
Table 13        
Owyn Abram Chaos vs. Tony Moore Death
Table 14        
Jayson Franklin Chaos vs Martin Hall Death

A big thanks to Paul and Luke for a well run event, five games in a day was definitely Fast and Furious!

The venue was great (an honest to God Scout hut) and the pub lunch was great, well chuffed to have won and thanks to all my five opponents, I definitely got the rip of the green in games three and five ?

Really great day was had by our lot. Lunch was superb and five games in a day was deffinately an experience. 

The condensed maps all worked out really well too so deffinately a thumbs up on that front. 

Also liked the two best opponents scoring. 

Only real feedback was on the painting nominations as I missed the truly awesome army that Matt brought (the beautifully converted death army and almost understated paint scheme - banners were simply amazing) deffinately better picking a few and letting us vote for those as getting round so many armies was tough.

Edited by Countmoore
Re painting - I'm under no illusions I should be up there ?

Thanks for kind words guys.

Totally agree about best painted, a short list is far better and it will happen next time. In my defence I'm not sure where I'd have time to organise that along with everything else, so will need to draft in another helper next time to look after that.

Luke did really well as a TO and 'data monkey' didn't he - and he's only 14.

Really happy for any other feedback/constructive criticism/advice/suggestions - just leave it here or drop me an email. Always striving to make the next event better than the last.

Cheers Paul and Luke for running a great event! Sorry I had to leave early! (Ill girlfriend!) Here's a little write up -

I took my newly finished Freeguild list -

Order

LEADERS

Freeguild General (100)

- General

- Artefact : Relic Blade

- Command Trait : Reckless

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (320)

Witch Hunter (60)

UNITS

Freeguild Guard x 10 (80)

Freeguild Guard x 10 (80)

Demigryph Knights x 3 (200)

Freeguild Greatswords x 10 (160)

TOTAL POINTS: 1000

My first game was vs. Ed Bennett's Stormcast. One of the more worrying lists I'd seen prior to the event, with 4 Fulminators!

Ed Bennett

Order

LEADERS

1x Lord-Cellestant on Dracoth 200

- General

- Trait:
- Artefact: 

UNITS

5x Judicators 160

5x Judicators 160

2x Fulminators 240

2x Fulminators 240

Total: 1000

Thankfully (or maybe not) Ed had to swap out 2 Fulminators to fit into 1000pts, replacing them with a Lord Relictor and Lord Castellant with Gryph Hound. This came in handy for Ed as the battleplan we played ended up being Three Places of Power!

He got first turn and rushed his heroes onto the 3 objectives where they all stayed for most of the game, he got a major win. I was too cautious in the first turn I think, should have ran up and tried to get the heroes off the objective ASAP. I did manage to kill his Lord Celestant with my hurricanum, Castellant with my Demigryphs, and one unit of Judicators, and actually nearly tabled him by the end! But I got no points for the Objectives.

Second game was against Matt Hinton with Bonesplitterz

Matt Hinton

Destruction

LEADERS

Wardokk (80)

- arcane treasure: Mystic Waaagh! Paint

- extra spell: Roll each game!

- Big Spirit Stikk

UNITS

Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Waaagh Monger
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask
Savage Orruk Morboys x 10 (120)
Savage Orruk Morboys x 10 (120)
Savage Orruks x 10 (100)
Savage Boarboyz x 5 (120)

BATTALIONS
Kop Rukk (100)
Drakkfoot Warclan (60)
Total: 1000 points

The battleplan this time was escalation. I managed to get the first turn and ran  units (sword and board guard and the greatswords) onto 2 of the objectives. The demis managed to briefly get on the 3rd objective before being smashed/blasted off by Matt's Orcs and powerful magic phase. I kept two units on objectives throughout the game for a major win! My hurricanum was the unit of the match here, with it's Storm of Shemtek damaging his boarboyz early on as well as other bits. 

I think Matt spent alot of points on wizards that didn't manage to do much in the game + two battalions that reduced the numbers in the army. Having said that there was still a whole load of orcs on the board! ice one to Matt for taking no shooting in a Bonesplitterz army too! Very characterful.

Next up on table 6 (!) was Jon Green Order alliance army. Another army that I looked at before the event and was very scared of... I just knew somehow I'd end up facing it!

Jon Green

Order

LEADERS

Auric Runesmiter (100)

- General

- Trait: Tenacious

- Artefact: Talisman of Blinding Light

Kraggi (20)

UNITS

Kurnoth Hunters x 3 (180)

- Scythes

- Scythes

- Greatbows

- Greatbows

Skinks x 10 (80)

Skinks x 10 (80)

Total: 1000

2016-10-23%2B14.06.16.jpg
Kurnoth Hunters and Skinks running down to take my objective.

The battleplan for this one was Take and Hold. I tried to run my faster units down the flank to get him off his objectives, but didn't get past the Kurnoth Hunters! He ran one unit of Kurnoths down to my objective to kick off the defending Freeguild Guard, and ran a unit of Skinks down to claim it. I managed to kill the skinks with my other Guard unit, and thought I'd managed to get a draw (or at least on to kill points). 

2016-10-23%2B14.06.22.jpg

My attempt at taking Jon's objective!
Last turn of the game Jon ran down his second Skink unit trying to get onto my objective. I charged in my Witch Hunter hoping to hold them up, but due to the Skinks run from combat ability, they managed to get onto my objective to get a major win for Jon! 

My last game was against Nigel Chorlton, probably the number one army I wished not to face! Ha.

Nigel Chorlton

Death

LEADERS

Vampire Lord (140)

- General

- command trait: Ruler of the Night

- Artefact: Ring of Immortality

UNITS

20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)

10 x Zombies (60)

2 x Morghast Archai (240)

BEHEMOTHS

Mourngul (400)Total: 1000 points

2016-10-23%2B15.38.07.jpg
Oh Dear

The mission was Gift from the Heavens. Nigel had me go first, I put Mystic Shield on the Hurricanum for my turn. In hindsight I probably should have at least started to move up the board! But I was hoping to weaken either the Morghasts or Mourngul with the Hurricanum first. His turn he ran everything forwards apart from a unit of Zombies to hold his objective when it came down. Not sure who got the double turn but my objective came down on my right near my Demis, who ran onto it, his came down on his right next to his zombies. Unfortunately for me his Mourngul was very close to my objective at this point! It took a couple of turns but it eventually killed my Demis to claim my objective. 

2016-10-23%2B15.38.12.jpg

More Oh Dear!

I pushed what I could up the left flank, Greatswords, General and Witch Hunter. The greatswords came up against his Vampire Lord, who quickly killed them all! My Witch Hunter shot his pistol at the Vamp Lord, doing 3 damage! Then I chardged in the Witch Hunter and my General. The Vamp killed the Witch Hunter to avoid his extra damage to wizards attack, then my general eventually managed to kill the Vampire Lord! The Vamp had the Ring of Immortality so came back with d3 wounds, and promptly charged back in to try finish off my General. In the moment of the tournament for me, my general fluffed all of his Damage 3 attacks, but his horse finished off the Vampire Lord! Major win to Nigel!

Cheers to all my opponents, had a great day and managed to get my first tournament win! Sorry to the guy I was meant to have in the last round, hope you didn't get too badly trounced by the ringer!

Also cheers Dan Quirk (I think) for talking me through his excellent Tree Revenant themed Sylvaneth!
  • Like 2