Warscroll Builder vs Azyr App

PiotrW

Out of curiosity: what's the actual difference between the Warscroll Builder available on Warhammer Community webpage and the Azyr mobile app (aside from the fact that Azyr requires paid subscription)?

From what I see, the Warscroll Builder includes point cost of the units and some of the warscrolls. Azyr has all of the warscrolls, points and some fancy stuff like access to one's PDF library. WB is free and looks uglier, Azyr has a nicer look but you need to pay for it. So, what's the point of Azyr, then? Especially as the warscroll portion of Azyr is actually free?

BTW. I see that some of the point costs listed in the WB are different than the ones in GHB 2019. So, which of these listing are more current and should be respected in matched play?

Its like 1000 times more User friendly and faster. If you like building armys in theory and try out different combinations its worth the little money. You also can save dozens of lists. I honestly recommend it. But if you already have your army and just want to switch in and out some warscroll here and there just skip it 

Edited by Dukeus
  • Like 2

Yeah I've used both, but the Azyr app is far more convenient.  Plus you can transfer all the warscrolls in your army to "my battle" with just 1 click.  It also seems to usually be updated more quickly as changes come out and tends to be more accurate about army building restrictions (although it does have trouble figuring out what counts as battleline sometimes).

• Like 1

I actually like the warscroll builder especially because I often use it on a PC... but on mobile I'll use the Azyr app. 

The big difference is you can save your lists. The warscroll builder only spits them out as a pdf or text file which isn't super convenient, and you can't change/tweak things. 

The warscroll builder also links some units to their old warscrolls (eg Skarbrand), I've bumped into about 3-4 instances lately. I haven't noticed and incorrect points but it's probably the same problem. For some reason it shows old stuff sometimes.  

The Azyr app is kept much more up to date which is great.  

I much prefer Warscroll Builder - It is super easy to use and looks clean. I always use it on the PC because I print it out for my opponent. The Azyr app list looks like hot garbage tbh. I honestly hate when people screenshot their list and paste it onto facebook, whatsapp etc.

@Inquisitorsz I have honestly never experienced that the Warscroll builder showed wrong pts., only on a new release where it takes a couple of days before it is up to date. 

Edited by Kasper

5 minutes ago, Nubgan said:

You say that, The Azyr app doesn't have the Nighthaunt battalions in from White Dwarf,  Scrollbuilder does.

Yes well, GW isn't actually accurate with like anything. Azyr app is missing things, warscroll builder has errors and you can't save or change lists.... But have pros and cons 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

I much prefer Warscroll Builder - It is super easy to use and looks clean. I always use it on the PC because I print it out for my opponent. The Azyr app list looks like hot garbage tbh. I honestly hate when people screenshot their list and paste it onto facebook, whatsapp etc.

I mainly use Azyr as I build list while commuting :D but 100% the last point: when I want to share a list on a forum/discord etc it's so much of a pain that I end up doing it quickly again on the warscroll builder (same when I want to print it). Wish they had a little "summary" button to have the list in a printer/paste friendly version

1 minute ago, Inquisitorsz said:

Yes well, GW isn't actually accurate with like anything. Azyr app is missing things, warscroll builder has errors and you can't save or change lists.... But have pros and cons 

I think what we can agree on, is that it beats having 50 different books like in 40k. :D

The worst part about the Azyr app is:

you pay for it, yet it‘s always been buggy.

you can‘t use a Battletome if you „only“ own the physical version, you have to buy the digital version as well.

Digital books don‘t have a considerable discount compared to their physical equivalents.

your purchase is bound to your google account / apple account, if you switch your device-system you lose all purchases

Edited by JackStreicher
Clarification
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

If you switch your device you lose all purchases

Not in my experience, all my purchases are there both in my tablet and phone (both running android), just needed to "reset all purchases". Maybe you mean if you switch from one OS to the other

I am a huge advocate for Warscroll Builder. Azyr is nice, but if I'm paying monthly for a subscription to build a list that I can just whip out on the fly, why bother? When it comes to list building I'm either on my PC or my phone, but on my phone I'll always open the webpage. You can save the lists as a PDF and it looks a lot cleaner to me. I usually will combine my list with AoS Reminders and I am always ready for a game. I enjoy my gaming peripherals so I don't need to be burning my battery to keep my phone up in case I have to look up a rule.