Big Guys surrounded by waves of small dudes – which army to choose?

Hannibal

THanks all for participating and for all your ideas presented. Just to answer a few of them:

On 2/12/2020 at 6:50 PM, Baron Klatz said:

I think your first suggestion coupled with your profile picture is telling of your future project. ;)

I own such an army but I do not like the playstyle. To be honest I´d like to have something more killy...

On 2/12/2020 at 7:18 PM, Beastmaster said:

Ogor Stonehorns surrounded by lots of Gnoblars should do the trick. 😁

Yeah, a really cool one. Never thought about Gnoblars. Definetly I have to have a deeper look... :D

On 2/12/2020 at 7:26 PM, NauticalSoup said:

Orruk Warclans can do this a couple of ways. The Rogue Idol and Megaboss on Mawkrusha are huge models and can be coupled with a swarm of smaller Savage Orruks or Ardboys.

I have to have a look on the battletome. Sounds nice.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, sorokyl said:

Colossal squig surrounded by squig herds (colossal squigs even explode into more cave squigs!)

This one I really like. Though I´m not sure wether its any good on the battlefield...

On 2/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

Do an Exalted Lord of Change, and then a ring of Battleline Flamers, and then a ring of teensy Brimstone Horrors.  BURN THE WORLD!

Thsi one is the best one right now. Though the Lord of Change is not the prettiest of all greater Daemons... But I LOVE Flamers and Brimstones. Never thought about Brimstones... :D

21 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Sylvaneth

Treelords > Kurnoth Hunters > Dryads

Trees on Trees on Trees.

This one is cool, yes, but I don´t like the Dryads. Sorry.

20 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Fyreslayers could work too, anyone on Magmadroth with a lot of bearded strippers around him.

Startetd this last year, didn´t like the painting, sold everything.

18 hours ago, Inquisitorsz said:

Cities of Sigmar is a bit weird coz it's a melting pot of so many different things, but there's still dragons and steam tanks and stuff like that. 

An army based on Steam Tanks is something very appealing. Unfortunately I couldn´t find the units I like to accompany the tanks. But I´m still thinking...

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

I love a Keeper surrounded by Deamonettes

Well, I´d rather run a horde of Bullgors led by some Keepers. But this doesn´t really count as big guys surrounded by small dudes...

So Destruction is definitely the "Killy" alley for you.

Definitely get the Orruk battletome, builds on the originals and adds a bunch of great lore and rules crunch.

It's lore can also help you get inspired.

Want a giant among warriors? Try a frost clan of Bonesplitterz lead by a Ironjawz Megaboss on a icy Mawkrusha.

If you know some good sources for giant bear models or hairy AoS beasts  you can even make it more unique by kitbashing a model for the Kattanak your Megaboss conquered to get the Icebones to follow him on Waaaghs across the frozen plains of the realms.

IMG_3991.jpg

(just proxy it for a Mawkrusha and say he crushed the Kattanak's 3 throats that stopped it's ice breath but not it's ferocity ;) )