Ricecookie

Question

Hi!

I was wondering about Witchfyre Coven and Tzaangor Coven. They both require Tzaangor Enlightened but unlike Skyshoal Coven it doesn't specify if they need to be on discs. So my question is; can you take Tzaangor Enlightened on disc for Witchfyre Coven/Tzaangor Coven or does it have to be Tzaangor Enlightened without the disc?

2 answers to this question

You can take either on disc or on foot. It is explicitly stated in the Battalions section of the Core Rules that  you can ignore any subheadings in  a unit's warscroll name when comparing it to the unit entries listed in a battalion. 

If this were not the case then there would lots of problems, for example Stormcast Eternals would never be able to take any Vanguard Raptors in the Justicar Battalion, because there are only warscrolls for Vanguard Raptors (with longstrike xbows) and Vanguard Raptors (with hurricane xbows). 

Edited by BillyOcean

It has to be without the Discs. Edit: On reflection, I am wrong! You can ignore subtitles in unit requirements "unless they are included in the entry for the unit". So a battalion requirement of "Tzaangor Enlightened" can be filled by either Tzaangor Enlightened or Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs of Tzeentch, but a requirement of "Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs of Tzeentch" could only be filled by that specific warscroll.

Thanks @BillyOcean!

Edited by Kadeton