Eight more Warbands next Saturday

PlatypusErotica

Looking forward to it 😁

It seems odd to me to separate out mortals and daemons for nurgle (and Khorne, a bit), given that there don’t seem to be a lot of potential options for Rotbringers if you don’t involve characters. Will it be: Blightking with shield, Blightking with 2 weapons, Blightking with dhw, Blightking with banner, Blightking with bell, Blightking leader (or two)? 

I get there’s a precedent with Tzeentch, but there are at least multiple units to choose from. Daemons I guess you have Nurglings (1 card), Beast (1 card), and Plaguebearers (4 cards?). Seems a bit light too. Maybe they will add the larger fliers for both?

Khorne daemons seems to suffer the same, unless this could see also see mounted units in the form of jugger riders. Excited for bloodbound though, and am happy enough to try and make a flesh hound list!

15 hours ago, Baron Wastelands said:

Looking forward to it 😁

It seems odd to me to separate out mortals and daemons for nurgle (and Khorne, a bit), given that there don’t seem to be a lot of potential options for Rotbringers if you don’t involve characters. Will it be: Blightking with shield, Blightking with 2 weapons, Blightking with dhw, Blightking with banner, Blightking with bell, Blightking leader (or two)? 

So far I think that all Warcry non Eightpoints Factions are true to their AOS weapon options. That would make 4 different Blightkings and possible two more if they include Pusgoyle Blightlords. However that would be the first time a 60mm based warband model makes it into Warcry. So not sure they will do that. However if they don’t then beasts are out too.

But either way its a damn shame that they seperated mortals and daemons. 
Was really looking forward to build a band of Tzeentch Arcanites that has bound a single horror or two to their will. It might be for game balance and that is all cool, its just a missed opportunity. 

It also feels a bit strange that you can't ( Unless I'm missing something ) ally in, say, that Horror to your Arcanites Warband.

With the Fyreslayers, someone on another forum mentioned that it was a bit strange that the Fyreslayers and the Scions of the Flame are the two last unreleased. Perhaps a wave three, new box set ( as the starter box appears to be disappearing. ) though they also said it would be unlikely to have a Warcry main faction and an AoS faction in a starter. Seen weirder stuff before, though.

Very curious to see where they go from here with Warcry, excited to see the new Chaos cards. :)

4 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

So far I think that all Warcry non Eightpoints Factions are true to their AOS weapon options. That would make 4 different Blightkings and possible two more if they include Pusgoyle Blightlords. However that would be the first time a 60mm based warband model makes it into Warcry. So not sure they will do that. However if they don’t then beasts are out too.

But either way its a damn shame that they seperated mortals and daemons. 
Was really looking forward to build a band of Tzeentch Arcanites that has bound a single horror or two to their will. It might be for game balance and that is all cool, its just a missed opportunity. 

Actually, Stormfiends are on 60mm and are now usable in Warcry! Pusgoyle Blightlords might be in still.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PlatypusErotica said:

Dammit, Games Workshop, leave my wallet alone!

I just bought Arcanites and Squigs for Warcry and all the new cards. At least GW was nice enough to wait long enough for most of us to get another paycheck before the next wave.

• Like 1

it shouldn't be hard to house rule and allow some kind of "grand alliance" warbands, or at least mix and match splitted factions (chaos gods, stormcast, etc.).

I'll start running a campaing this week so i definetely going to test if it's balanced enough

9 hours ago, Sance said:

I'M kinda interested in the Sylvaneth as a warband, they seem costly to play in AOS because of the Woods you have to buy. I wonder how they will play in warcry.

The models of the kurnoth hunter are super nice and I need an excuse to buy them

Well, Sylvaneth Players could solve this problem with this new terrain box for Warcry: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warcry-Souldrain-Forest-2020