Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Glad to hear about good results, but I'm gonna try to stay away from ratdaemons cause I have none and it doesnt work for me thematically...

 

Painted my horrors, epitome tonight then the bloodcrushers 

 

Likely I'll try the slaneesh battlion next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1k game tomorrow only thing I really have locked in is gaunt summoner and a contorted empitemy think it will be vs daughters of khane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking of getting into LoCA/Legion of the Forst Prince, just for hobby reasons.

Does anyone have a army with an interesting paint scheme? Especially one, that has a unifiying paint scheme for daemons of all sorts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, demonlizardfromouterspace said:

I am thinking of getting into LoCA/Legion of the Forst Prince, just for hobby reasons.

Does anyone have a army with an interesting paint scheme? Especially one, that has a unifiying paint scheme for daemons of all sorts?

All my bases match does that count?

 

If you are.doing it for hobby reasons why do you want it to match?

 

 

Edited by backslide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, backslide said:

All my bases match does that count?

If you are.doing it for hobby reasons why do you want it to match?

 

To have a demon army that looks at least a little bit like a combined force.

I get it, that the several demon factions each have their distinct colour scheme (Khorne red, etc.), however I think it woul look nice, if theer was a shared element in them all.

What I have in mind is something like a combined demon force where every mini has an orange colour feature on it, no matter  if it's a Nurgle Daemon, Slaanesh, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, demonlizardfromouterspace said:

To have a demon army that looks at least a little bit like a combined force.

I get it, that the several demon factions each have their distinct colour scheme (Khorne red, etc.), however I think it woul look nice, if theer was a shared element in them all.

What I have in mind is something like a combined demon force where every mini has an orange colour feature on it, no matter  if it's a Nurgle Daemon, Slaanesh, etc.

Make the weapons the same color? The bloodletters’ swords, Daemonettes’ claws, horrors’ flames and plaguebearers’ swords all one matching color?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally used the legion today!

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (90)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 61
 

Vs daughters of khane, bloodshrine general 3x10 witches 10 doom fire warlocks

 

Summoned 20 horrors turn 1 didnt kill much but they sucked in most of his army into a grind that he couldn't escape 50 wounds on a unit when you can keep it going with a command point is awesome

Crushers just came up the flank and charged and crushed stuff he could have tied them up but was more worried about their attacks than he should have

 

In total summoned 30 pinks 1 unit of which went all the way down to 4 brims...

Plaugebearers never made contact but was a good meat shield daemonettes didnt do much but the threat of them sticking after they died annoyed him

 

Epitome was brilliant support I need to get some endless spells

20200528_124721.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, backslide said:

Summoned 20 horrors turn 1 didnt kill much but they sucked in most of his army into a grind that he couldn't escape 50 wounds on a unit when you can keep it going with a command point is awesome

 

Crushers just came up the flank and charged and crushed stuff he could have tied them up but was more worried about their attacks than he should have

 

Epitome was brilliant support I need to get some endless spells

Honestly at 1k, I don't think there is much that any combat focused army can do about Legion just summoning in Pinks every turn. Even shooting oriented ones can have trouble with it. Another potential solution to Horrors that I see would be to make it so you only get 10 Blues rather than 20, cutting total wounds down to 30.

I've been really curious about running a big unit (say 9 to ensure you get d3 MW impact hits for longer) of Bloodcrushers in place of the typical K'Daai that many run. You'd have a large blob of 36 wounds on a 4+ this way that can do reasonable damage on the charge. That said, 2 Exalted Chariots are the same price, and while they have less wounds they have the potential to put out more MW's. Of course, this is when I start going back to Skarbrand who can easily just throw out 8-16 MW's every turn.

Been thinking a lot about the Epitome myself recently.. though I don't personally want to replace it with my Corrupter. Having it around along with the Mesmerizing Mirror seems like it could work exceptionally well in a casting based list, which is what I've been planning:

 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant

Leaders
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Spell: Spirit Gouge

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Units
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)
Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 80

 

Edited by Gwendar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The epitome is pretty dang good, 9 attacks with the relic 2 other attacks that are 2 damage each it's good, fantastic utility caster, its basic spell helps your whole army too

 

Reroll all 1s to hit vs d3 targets my horrors poured out shots didnt do much but still

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried Legion of the First Prince yet?

I'm half way through a game on TTS using the below:

Belakor

VL Corruptor - Fourfold Blade

20 Bloodletters

20 Daemonettes

20 Plague Bearers

10 Pink Horrors

6 Blood Crushers

3 Seeker Chariots

My opponents list isn't very hard (200 Clanrats, Thanquol, Screaming bell with grey Seer, a few Claw Lords) but we're on the first half of turn three and it's going okay. The Corruptor is understandably bonkers. Crushers felt incredibly weak to be honest and the Chariots whiffed hard and died before I had a chance to Regen the unit.

I built the list to try and take advantage of the Belakor buffs but it feels quite hard to get all four gods in range at all times and it slows Belakor down, having to stay within range of them. Giving up a command trait is tough (the 5+ shrug aura is amazing).

Do you think it's worth ignoring the reroll buff to Belakor and instead focus on units of multi wound models for his CA instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charlo said:

Do you think it's worth ignoring the reroll buff to Belakor and instead focus on units of multi wound models for his CA instead?

Yes. Be'lakor is an OK fighter, but the conditions are so restrictive. And that command is the best reason to take Crushers IMO. After their charge they do very little, but then they just keep regenerating.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Roark said:

Yes. Be'lakor is an OK fighter, but the conditions are so restrictive. And that command is the best reason to take Crushers IMO. After their charge they do very little, but then they just keep regenerating.

This... 1 unit of 6 isnt enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My second game with the legion tomorrow night... going for a slaneesh bent

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Shining Aegis
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (160)
20 x Daemonettes (220)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Seekers (240)
10 x Seekers (240)
Host of the Depraved (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

Relic for the general is undecided as is the realm I will proabbly for for something defensive

I had a version of this list with 3x 10 seekers and only 3 characters but I wanted to use the blade bringer as the retreat and charge goes nice with the battlion and with retreat wander over near and objective and summon daemons then charge lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Skull cannons done. Just need to finish the 100 horrors, 109 plaguebearers, and Be'lakor.

kroh2olno7451.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a tourney in about 3 weeks list suggestions?

 

Have basically everything bar the weird rat stuff and chaos dwarfs

 

must have a gaunt summoner and Belikore I want a list to maximize his command ablity where possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid list idea... may drop the epitome for belikore 

 

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
The Contorted Epitome (200)

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Isn’t the BT of IR 280pts? I’m positive it is, per 2019 GHB

It is changed to 270 in the Dec 2019 Errata,  link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Isn’t the BT of IR 280pts? I’m positive it is, per 2019 GHB

Its straight from warscroll and its what's on asur as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have continued playing crazy versions and I want to point out a few findings in over 10 games now with this allegiance.

Kairos is a monster and I love him in this army.

Corruptor - autoinclude.

Flex for 4th slot I run a BT but I could see arguments for Epitome, Gaunt etc.

Screamers with a FNP and their move speed and loads of wounds are awesome and I'm running 9 to 12 to give me space (as most people give me first turn due to deep deployment)

Skreech is hilarious if you want to have fun. Bodge (for the non English speakers, change his roll to succeed) his roll for his spell with Kairos and spawn clanrats 🤣🤣😂

Lists I've played on various battleplans - Seraphon 4 times(3-1 in games so far), Ironjawz twice, Cities 3 times, Sylvaneth twice, Stormcast.

Disclaimer: not a top player, anecdotal evidence your mileage may vary, not tested Bel'akor really and I know he's very strong. 

Chaos for the win! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

I have continued playing crazy versions and I want to point out a few findings in over 10 games now with this allegiance.

Kairos is a monster and I love him in this army.

Corruptor - autoinclude.

Flex for 4th slot I run a BT but I could see arguments for Epitome, Gaunt etc.

Screamers with a FNP and their move speed and loads of wounds are awesome and I'm running 9 to 12 to give me space (as most people give me first turn due to deep deployment)

Skreech is hilarious if you want to have fun. Bodge (for the non English speakers, change his roll to succeed) his roll for his spell with Kairos and spawn clanrats 🤣🤣😂

Lists I've played on various battleplans - Seraphon 4 times(3-1 in games so far), Ironjawz twice, Cities 3 times, Sylvaneth twice, Stormcast.

Disclaimer: not a top player, anecdotal evidence your mileage may vary, not tested Bel'akor really and I know he's very strong. 

Chaos for the win! 

Can you post your latest list?  You've definitely got me curious :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meatpipeline said:

Can you post your latest list?  You've definitely got me curious :)

Sure thing so as I don't know what you are looking for I will post the more competitive list and the hilarious list just in case.

Hilarious

Verminlord Corruptor [G] with 4fold blade - Echo of hatred

Kairos Fateweaver - Bolt of Ruin

BT of insensate rage

Skreech - Spirit Gouge

PlagueB 10

PlagyeB 10

Bloodletters 10 (I don't have more PB if you do run another 10 blob of these)

9 Screamers

Spell portal (Kairos uses this to snipe support heroes and do damage from backfield).

1990 with extra CP

More competitive version

I swap the Skreech for a Deceiver. Though I know alot of people run Bela'kor + Epitome which you can do by cutting down on my choices. 

Tactics deployment varies on list but generally.

Verminlord/BT/Screened by screamers front line. Kairos screen in a bubble with PB X2 and then 3rd Battleline and other hero go mid field or side flank. 

Always summon pinks.

Anyways very fun, lots of flex and play in list building and on table tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

Kairos is a monster and I love him in this army.

I'm planning on trying fateweaver this week with a rage thirster hopfully spike the outrageous carnage right in the middle.... I dont have much in the way of endless spells yet

 

Lady fate does feel suitable for the legion of the dark prince doesn't she?

FB_IMG_1592687456404.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, backslide said:

I'm planning on trying fateweaver this week with a rage thirster hopfully spike the outrageous carnage right in the middle.... I dont have much in the way of endless spells yet

 

Lady fate does feel suitable for the legion of the dark prince doesn't she?

FB_IMG_1592687456404.jpg

Amazing work dude! 

I think the synergy with Kairos and being able to trigger that vital boom or stopping a potential game winning spell or as shown in the hilarious list getting Skreech spell off, is worth it alone. 

It's fun in all the right doses. My friends don't mind playing against it either because they feel they are in it for large portions too. Which is hard to find in good lists. 

Nothing worse than a game being 1 sided or non interactive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...