AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

While that double 5++ seemed to be appealiung on Plaguebearers though I often thought that a 5++ on Pinks is pretty insane. It turns the Pinks from 11 to 13 (at least). :)

I think you can build many different lists in Chaos Ascendant and that is a really good thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

While that double 5++ seemed to be appealiung on Plaguebearers though I often thought that a 5++ on Pinks is pretty insane. It turns the Pinks from 11 to 13 (at least). :)

I think you can build many different lists in Chaos Ascendant and that is a really good thing.

100% agree and I really didn't want LoC being oppressive because as you say it's such a varied army and so many viable and fun lists. This tones it down and so won't become the 'oh you are play X' negative play experience, which considering I have finished this army I am very very happy about 😁😁

• Like 1

Based on my tourney experience I'm planning on trying this...

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
The Changeling (120)
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
10 x Seekers (240)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 145

Less horrors but more thump 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 7:14 AM, backslide said:

Based on my tourney experience I'm planning on trying this...

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
The Changeling (120)
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
10 x Seekers (240)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 145

Less horrors but more thump 

Hi,

may I ask you: why do you run Changeling and Bloodmaster? What is your idea behind that choice?

7 hours ago, NJohansson said:

Only getting to summon 5 Pinks through the army ability really hurts. That and the nerf to the gaunt summoner really killed a lot of the competitive (maybe to competitive to be fair) options of the list.

I think we are still in a good place. Bel'akor, summoning 5 5++ pinks or 10 of the others is still good board control and obj holders. You can still cherry pick the best Daemons and jam them together and you get added resilience in daemons that don't usually get ward saves. 

With the added battleplans more obj focused. I am still confident that LoCA will post decent results.

K'dai, Screamers, Seekers, bloodcrushers all move incredible fast and have that added save. 

You just need to be more tactical with summons to fit what you need other than auto win summon pinks every turn.

Good positive change and I will still be jamming them into the new year.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, Blisterfeet said:

I think we are still in a good place. Bel'akor, summoning 5 5++ pinks or 10 of the others is still good board control and obj holders....

Clarifying question: Are you saying Bel'akor can summon?  He doesn't have a chaos god keyword, so I just assumed he couldn't summon because there are no "Undivided" units listed in the ability.  I didn't see clarification in the Errata or Designer commentary.

2 hours ago, meatpipeline said:

Clarifying question: Are you saying Bel'akor can summon?  He doesn't have a chaos god keyword, so I just assumed he couldn't summon because there are no "Undivided" units listed in the ability.  I didn't see clarification in the Errata or Designer commentary.

My bad, I was just listing benefits still in the LoCA army. 

I just wrote my statement poorly.

I just think Bel'akor's abilities and giving already good warscrolls an extra save means this army will inherently be decent moving forward. Maybe not easy to pilot autowin like before when you just spam pinks and everything never dies. 

• 4 weeks later...

Played 2 tournaments recently in a very competitive, shooty/casting heavy meta , had decent success with the following list (2:1 wins each, losing to tzeentch and bonegrinz) :

- Mortal Realm: Ulgu
LEADERS
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Verminlord Deceiver (320)
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
Be'Lakor (240)
UNITS
30 x Plaguebearers (300)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Warp Lightning Vortex (80)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)

even after the nerfs (which hit hard, but were kinda necessary) LoCA is a lot of fun to play and still solid 2 Tier imo.

Since you cannot rely on summons alone anymore and double FNP gone, i upped the battlelines from 3x10 to 1x30+2x10 to improve board presence. Bela  often disables Death Stars and is my double turn protection. List has a total of 9 Casts each round available with Strongest Endless spells (even tho Kairos can cast only 1 of them), summoning is a bonus and possible tide-turner lategame. Corrupter with the blade is an absolute blender. Porting from Deceiver is still very strong and adds flexibility.  List lacks some synergy because Kairos cannot cast the strongest endless spells and despite the high cast count DMG from normal spell is mediocre also it's 7 drops.  Would love to play Rotigus but again, Kairos can't cast his spell.. planning to test the K'daai Fireborn  soon.

Excited for new Demon Tomes in the Future, since each can contain something the legion can profit from potentially.

20200804_234658.jpg

Edited by godhand
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, godhand said:

Played 2 tournaments recently in a very competitive, shooty/casting heavy meta , had decent success with the following list (2:1 wins each, losing to tzeentch and bonegrinz) :

- Mortal Realm: Ulgu
LEADERS
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Verminlord Deceiver (320)
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
Be'Lakor (240)
UNITS
30 x Plaguebearers (300)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Warp Lightning Vortex (80)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)

I like what you are doing with the big monsters, especially Be'Lakor.  Two questions about the list:

- What are you summoning?  Is it Pinks every time, Plaguebearers, or a mix? 

- Have you found that 3 troops + summoning + endless spells give you enough units to cover the objectives / hold space on the board?  Do you ever feel like you need more units?

I love the paint job.  Your army looks sweet!

On 8/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, meatpipeline said:

I like what you are doing with the big monsters, especially Be'Lakor.  Two questions about the list:

- What are you summoning?  Is it Pinks every time, Plaguebearers, or a mix? 

- Have you found that 3 troops + summoning + endless spells give you enough units to cover the objectives / hold space on the board?  Do you ever feel like you need more units?

I love the paint job.  Your army looks sweet!

thanks a lot :) i tried to replicate the style of marco frisoni with his osl technique, on an amateur level ofc..

usually it is still Pinks (5) for the summons , their job is to reinforce the battlelines usually in front of the 30 plagues or to the flanks, but depending on the situation e.g. the corrupter has ported and needs troop support to hold an objective -> i go with plaguebearers.

For me personally the Unit count is fine, high objective count (5+) or moving objectives can be a challenge of course, but in general to prevent to get outcapped in such scenarios you need to prioritize and focus on your killing power/porting verminloard to clear enemy units from higher point mission targets and tank with the rest.

I found that the List has a great tournaround potential mid to lategame. Usually you have ~2 summons by then, the corrupter is in melee wreaking havoc (preferably at the flank or in a place where he is not insta-gibbed) with the other heroes / whatever is left supporting and you got some value spells off turns before. Kairos Gift of Change creating spawns to slow larger units (with spawn placed at the edge of the victim unit) in combination with the other endless spells and units supporting can be a game changer on its own, since it often completely renders some enemy assets useless for several turns. Belakors ability on a unit with the Verminlord casting the Vortex after is another little of several fun "combos" - it's even useful to use Kairos special one time dice trick to help get it through in such a situation.

Cannot claim to have mastered the list in a long time but it has potential imo.

18 hours ago, Towenaar said:

Don't you have 40 points left with the list above? Do you take another endless spell to fill the points?

Thanks for pointing out, it's actually only 10 Points left tho since the Rift wasn't updated, costing 80 points now ;-) sadly only 3 Endless spells allowed since last GHB .

Hello fellow Legionnaires!

I'm going to attend in small tournament (600 pt) this Saturday, and I'm looking for small advice for a list. 

I've own 30 bloodletters, 20 daemonettes, 10 horrors, 1 skulltaker, 6 flamers, 3 screamers and 1 soul grinder (unfortunately  unusable because it costs more than 200pt).

Can you build something semi-competitively from this rag-tag collection? ;)

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Nuriel said:

Hello fellow Legionnaires!

I'm going to attend in small tournament (600 pt) this Saturday, and I'm looking for small advice for a list. 

I've own 30 bloodletters, 20 daemonettes, 10 horrors, 1 skulltaker, 6 flamers, 3 screamers and 1 soul grinder (unfortunately  unusable because it costs more than 200pt).

Can you build something semi-competitively from this rag-tag collection? ;)

Cheers!

Only one character means you can only summon Bloodletters, so I would make as many of them available for summoning as possible.

Skulltaker (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
20 x Daemonettes (220)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (140)

Total: 590 / 2000
Wounds: 41

Use the Skulltaker to summon Bloodletters every turn.  The Skulltaker should be durable with re-rollable 4+ save and 5+ FNP.  Use the Skulltaker to give the Flamers 5+ FNP with the aura.  You can break the Daemonettes into two units if you want.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 12:47 PM, El Antiguo Guardián said:

The other day I was on a tournament and I played vs the Legion. So here is the battle report: maybe some of you like it.

I though that all the Legion list needs Belakor, but my opponent didn´t use him so...

You don't need to use Belakor in Legion of Chaos Ascendant.  I can't seem to find a rule that says you need to use him in the LoCA subfraction: Legion of the First Prince.  This subfaction is built around Belakor, so if you don't use him you lose out on the subfaction's Ability & Command Ability (both require Belakor).

2 hours ago, meatpipeline said:

You don't need to use Belakor in Legion of Chaos Ascendant.  I can't seem to find a rule that says you need to use him in the LoCA subfraction: Legion of the First Prince.  This subfaction is built around Belakor, so if you don't use him you lose out on the subfaction's Ability & Command Ability (both require Belakor).

All the abilities are either for him or require him to be on the board. Maybe the spell doesn't need him? Taking it and not him makes no sense.

Been playing to much 9th... but have this in mind for my next game...

Be'Lakor (240)
- General
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (120)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (110)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
10 x Seekers (240)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 154

I need to steal 10 points from something so I can afford something other than a bloodmaster