AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

Glad to hear about good results, but I'm gonna try to stay away from ratdaemons cause I have none and it doesnt work for me thematically...

Painted my horrors, epitome tonight then the bloodcrushers 

Likely I'll try the slaneesh battlion next week

2 hours ago, demonlizardfromouterspace said:

I am thinking of getting into LoCA/Legion of the Forst Prince, just for hobby reasons.

Does anyone have a army with an interesting paint scheme? Especially one, that has a unifiying paint scheme for daemons of all sorts?

All my bases match does that count?

If you are.doing it for hobby reasons why do you want it to match?

Edited by backslide

26 minutes ago, backslide said:

All my bases match does that count?

If you are.doing it for hobby reasons why do you want it to match?

To have a demon army that looks at least a little bit like a combined force.

I get it, that the several demon factions each have their distinct colour scheme (Khorne red, etc.), however I think it woul look nice, if theer was a shared element in them all.

What I have in mind is something like a combined demon force where every mini has an orange colour feature on it, no matter  if it's a Nurgle Daemon, Slaanesh, etc.

19 minutes ago, demonlizardfromouterspace said:

To have a demon army that looks at least a little bit like a combined force.

I get it, that the several demon factions each have their distinct colour scheme (Khorne red, etc.), however I think it woul look nice, if theer was a shared element in them all.

What I have in mind is something like a combined demon force where every mini has an orange colour feature on it, no matter  if it's a Nurgle Daemon, Slaanesh, etc.

Make the weapons the same color? The bloodletters’ swords, Daemonettes’ claws, horrors’ flames and plaguebearers’ swords all one matching color?

• Like 2

I finally used the legion today!

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (90)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 61

Vs daughters of khane, bloodshrine general 3x10 witches 10 doom fire warlocks

Summoned 20 horrors turn 1 didnt kill much but they sucked in most of his army into a grind that he couldn't escape 50 wounds on a unit when you can keep it going with a command point is awesome

Crushers just came up the flank and charged and crushed stuff he could have tied them up but was more worried about their attacks than he should have

In total summoned 30 pinks 1 unit of which went all the way down to 4 brims...

Plaugebearers never made contact but was a good meat shield daemonettes didnt do much but the threat of them sticking after they died annoyed him

Epitome was brilliant support I need to get some endless spells

20200528_124721.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, backslide said:

Summoned 20 horrors turn 1 didnt kill much but they sucked in most of his army into a grind that he couldn't escape 50 wounds on a unit when you can keep it going with a command point is awesome

Crushers just came up the flank and charged and crushed stuff he could have tied them up but was more worried about their attacks than he should have

Epitome was brilliant support I need to get some endless spells

Honestly at 1k, I don't think there is much that any combat focused army can do about Legion just summoning in Pinks every turn. Even shooting oriented ones can have trouble with it. Another potential solution to Horrors that I see would be to make it so you only get 10 Blues rather than 20, cutting total wounds down to 30.

I've been really curious about running a big unit (say 9 to ensure you get d3 MW impact hits for longer) of Bloodcrushers in place of the typical K'Daai that many run. You'd have a large blob of 36 wounds on a 4+ this way that can do reasonable damage on the charge. That said, 2 Exalted Chariots are the same price, and while they have less wounds they have the potential to put out more MW's. Of course, this is when I start going back to Skarbrand who can easily just throw out 8-16 MW's every turn.

Been thinking a lot about the Epitome myself recently.. though I don't personally want to replace it with my Corrupter. Having it around along with the Mesmerizing Mirror seems like it could work exceptionally well in a casting based list, which is what I've been planning:

Spoiler

Leaders
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
- General
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)
- Spell: Spirit Gouge

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)

Units
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)
Mesmerising Mirror (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 80

Edited by Gwendar

The epitome is pretty dang good, 9 attacks with the relic 2 other attacks that are 2 damage each it's good, fantastic utility caster, its basic spell helps your whole army too

Reroll all 1s to hit vs d3 targets my horrors poured out shots didnt do much but still

• Like 1

Has anyone tried Legion of the First Prince yet?

I'm half way through a game on TTS using the below:

Belakor

VL Corruptor - Fourfold Blade

20 Bloodletters

20 Daemonettes

20 Plague Bearers

10 Pink Horrors

6 Blood Crushers

3 Seeker Chariots

My opponents list isn't very hard (200 Clanrats, Thanquol, Screaming bell with grey Seer, a few Claw Lords) but we're on the first half of turn three and it's going okay. The Corruptor is understandably bonkers. Crushers felt incredibly weak to be honest and the Chariots whiffed hard and died before I had a chance to Regen the unit.

I built the list to try and take advantage of the Belakor buffs but it feels quite hard to get all four gods in range at all times and it slows Belakor down, having to stay within range of them. Giving up a command trait is tough (the 5+ shrug aura is amazing).

Do you think it's worth ignoring the reroll buff to Belakor and instead focus on units of multi wound models for his CA instead?

1 hour ago, Charlo said:

Do you think it's worth ignoring the reroll buff to Belakor and instead focus on units of multi wound models for his CA instead?

Yes. Be'lakor is an OK fighter, but the conditions are so restrictive. And that command is the best reason to take Crushers IMO. After their charge they do very little, but then they just keep regenerating.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Roark said:

Yes. Be'lakor is an OK fighter, but the conditions are so restrictive. And that command is the best reason to take Crushers IMO. After their charge they do very little, but then they just keep regenerating.

This... 1 unit of 6 isnt enough 

My second game with the legion tomorrow night... going for a slaneesh bent

Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Shining Aegis
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (160)
20 x Daemonettes (220)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Seekers (240)
10 x Seekers (240)
Host of the Depraved (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

Relic for the general is undecided as is the realm I will proabbly for for something defensive

I had a version of this list with 3x 10 seekers and only 3 characters but I wanted to use the blade bringer as the retreat and charge goes nice with the battlion and with retreat wander over near and objective and summon daemons then charge lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid list idea... may drop the epitome for belikore 

- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (270)
- General
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

I have continued playing crazy versions and I want to point out a few findings in over 10 games now with this allegiance.

Kairos is a monster and I love him in this army.

Corruptor - autoinclude.

Flex for 4th slot I run a BT but I could see arguments for Epitome, Gaunt etc.

Screamers with a FNP and their move speed and loads of wounds are awesome and I'm running 9 to 12 to give me space (as most people give me first turn due to deep deployment)

Skreech is hilarious if you want to have fun. Bodge (for the non English speakers, change his roll to succeed) his roll for his spell with Kairos and spawn clanrats 🤣🤣😂

Lists I've played on various battleplans - Seraphon 4 times(3-1 in games so far), Ironjawz twice, Cities 3 times, Sylvaneth twice, Stormcast.

Disclaimer: not a top player, anecdotal evidence your mileage may vary, not tested Bel'akor really and I know he's very strong. 

Chaos for the win! 

37 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

I have continued playing crazy versions and I want to point out a few findings in over 10 games now with this allegiance.

Corruptor - autoinclude.

Flex for 4th slot I run a BT but I could see arguments for Epitome, Gaunt etc.

Screamers with a FNP and their move speed and loads of wounds are awesome and I'm running 9 to 12 to give me space (as most people give me first turn due to deep deployment)

Skreech is hilarious if you want to have fun. Bodge (for the non English speakers, change his roll to succeed) his roll for his spell with Kairos and spawn clanrats 🤣🤣😂

Lists I've played on various battleplans - Seraphon 4 times(3-1 in games so far), Ironjawz twice, Cities 3 times, Sylvaneth twice, Stormcast.

Disclaimer: not a top player, anecdotal evidence your mileage may vary, not tested Bel'akor really and I know he's very strong. 

Chaos for the win! 

Can you post your latest list?  You've definitely got me curious :)

1 hour ago, meatpipeline said:

Can you post your latest list?  You've definitely got me curious :)

Sure thing so as I don't know what you are looking for I will post the more competitive list and the hilarious list just in case.

Hilarious

Verminlord Corruptor [G] with 4fold blade - Echo of hatred

Kairos Fateweaver - Bolt of Ruin

BT of insensate rage

Skreech - Spirit Gouge

PlagueB 10

PlagyeB 10

Bloodletters 10 (I don't have more PB if you do run another 10 blob of these)

9 Screamers

Spell portal (Kairos uses this to snipe support heroes and do damage from backfield).

1990 with extra CP

More competitive version

I swap the Skreech for a Deceiver. Though I know alot of people run Bela'kor + Epitome which you can do by cutting down on my choices. 

Tactics deployment varies on list but generally.

Verminlord/BT/Screened by screamers front line. Kairos screen in a bubble with PB X2 and then 3rd Battleline and other hero go mid field or side flank. 

Always summon pinks.

Anyways very fun, lots of flex and play in list building and on table tactics.

3 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

I'm planning on trying fateweaver this week with a rage thirster hopfully spike the outrageous carnage right in the middle.... I dont have much in the way of endless spells yet

Lady fate does feel suitable for the legion of the dark prince doesn't she?

FB_IMG_1592687456404.jpg

6 minutes ago, backslide said:

I'm planning on trying fateweaver this week with a rage thirster hopfully spike the outrageous carnage right in the middle.... I dont have much in the way of endless spells yet

Lady fate does feel suitable for the legion of the dark prince doesn't she?

FB_IMG_1592687456404.jpg

Amazing work dude! 

I think the synergy with Kairos and being able to trigger that vital boom or stopping a potential game winning spell or as shown in the hilarious list getting Skreech spell off, is worth it alone. 

It's fun in all the right doses. My friends don't mind playing against it either because they feel they are in it for large portions too. Which is hard to find in good lists. 

Nothing worse than a game being 1 sided or non interactive.