AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

My attempt at this list, had to drop the command point to get in the tzeentch hero...

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
The Changeling (120)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
Host of Rage (160)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 149

3 hours ago, backslide said:

I agree but then it would only have 18 bloodcrushers 😥 3x6 would be ok I guess, but getting the 8 units for the battlion gets tougher

You legit have 24 Bloodcrushers on hand to play? That's amazing. I have them, but unassembled and unpainted...

4 hours ago, Eldarain said:

I'm waiting for the FAQ

Is there a standard period/timescale/schedule for release of these following book release?

I would love to have a good reason to play the Bloodcrushers I already own but, yeah, it's anyone's guess as to how it will all settle.

I'm just now realizing what a huge, sad miss it is to not include Furies in this!

I would play the dickens out of a Fury based deamons list, where my whole army retreats instead of combat, regenerates, and then has a few hard hitters mixed in. It would be so unique relative to other chaos factions, and would totally fit the Belakor fluff, what with him always being down and out and angry. 

Sad times....

13 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

Well,,,,Are you really telling me that a unit of Pusgoyle, with an Harbinger behind, manage to get 3 feel no pain at 5+? It is at least aberrant.

It's a fairly heavy investment o resources, (points, artefact, CP, positioning) but yeah. A very nice defensive setup. 

Keeping the harbinger alive will be key, as is having a hammer unit to let you keep the pusgoyle unit moving and not stuck in combat with a cheap horde unit.

13 minutes ago, medivouk said:

It's a fairly heavy investment o resources, (points, artefact, CP, positioning) but yeah. A very nice defensive setup. 

No artifact needed.

13 minutes ago, medivouk said:

Keeping the harbinger alive will be key, as is having a hammer unit to let you keep the pusgoyle unit moving and not stuck in combat with a cheap horde unit.

That´s the downside. You can´t win a game if you can´t kill an opponent sitting on objectives. If you don´t get first turn, this undying combo won´t offer you much.

10 hours ago, Shaquilleoheal said:

U can bring only demon keyword in this army so yes its aberrant cuz u cant play them :D

28 minutes ago, medivouk said:

DANG! Thanks anyway for participating, misters! 😁

The combo is 160 + 400 pts (2 units, a command trait and a CP per turn). Nothing else. Pusgoyle can't do much against Heartguard or Mortek, but chaff units will explode in two combat pahases, so...the rest of the list must be do something to help they.

How can we name that combo...? The trice-tedium? 😂

10 hours ago, Eldarain said:

Both of those units have the daemon keyword.

Yes but if u open the builder that's unit dont appears so that's mean u can bring them only like "ally" right?that's mean only 400 pti

Cuz if isnt like that,there are so many cheese combo wombo out there

Edited by Shaquilleoheal

9 minutes ago, Shaquilleoheal said:

Yes but if u open the builder that's unit dont appears so that's mean u can bring them only like "ally" right?that's mean only 400 pti

Cuz if isnt like that,there are so many cheese combo wombo out there

There's loads of things that the warscroll builder doesn't have. However, the legion is effectively a grand alliance: chaos army, that only contains "chaos, daemon" units. 

So everything from k'daai fireborn, verminlords and pusgoyle blight lords are allowed in the list.

Incidentally, we have no access to allies that aren't from a mercenary company.

This is a list that I used on the w/e; it faced non Petrifex Bonereapers, Cities of Sigmar and KO. Won all the games due to the resilience of the list. In each game I managed to go first with fewer drops and was able to buff up Archaon and spawn Horrors (it really needs to be changed in matched play to only be able to summon blue horrors and not pinks imho)

Going forward I think I might just take the Harbringer of Decay as the General and swap the bolt of Ruin on Archaon for the Echo of hatred to get some additional damage through.

Emerald Lifeswarm was ok; but only healed a single wound all tournament (usually because I either failed to cast it or the wounded stuff was already dead - undecided if a Command Point would be better

Legion of the First Prince.

Archaon
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin

Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch
- Spell: Spirit Gouge:

The Contorted Epitome
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Echo of Hatred

Harbringer of Decay

10 x Plaguebearers

10 x Plaguebearers

10 x Plaguebearers

6 x Screamers

Endless Spell: Emerald Lifeswarm

6 minutes ago, Mandollies said:

This is a list that I used on the w/e; it faced non Petrifex Bonereapers, Cities of Sigmar and KO. Won all the games due to the resilience of the list. In each game I managed to go first with fewer drops and was able to buff up Archaon and spawn Horrors (it really needs to be changed in matched play to only be able to summon blue horrors and not pinks imho)

Going forward I think I might just take the Harbringer of Decay as the General and swap the bolt of Ruin on Archaon for the Echo of hatred to get some additional damage through.

Emerald Lifeswarm was ok; but only healed a single wound all tournament (usually because I either failed to cast it or the wounded stuff was already dead - undecided if a Command Point would be better

Legion of the First Prince.

Archaon
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin

Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch
- Spell: Spirit Gouge:

The Contorted Epitome
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Echo of Hatred

Harbringer of Decay

10 x Plaguebearers

10 x Plaguebearers

10 x Plaguebearers

6 x Screamers

Endless Spell: Emerald Lifeswarm

Hi. Why you used the Legion of the first prince?