AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

It looks like the new Slaanesh battletome has increased the points for many of the daemon units.  I've heard there are minor nerfs to Keepers.

Sigvald isn't a daemon, which is a bummer.

The Contorted Epitome is the same points, but can no longer re-roll unbinding / dispelling rolls which is a big nerf.

On 2/13/2021 at 2:38 PM, meatpipeline said:

It looks like the new Slaanesh battletome has increased the points for many of the daemon units.  I've heard there are minor nerfs to Keepers.

Sigvald isn't a daemon, which is a bummer.

The Contorted Epitome is the same points, but can no longer re-roll unbinding / dispelling rolls which is a big nerf.

Came here to say the same. Slaanesh battalion is out of reach, now if I were to run LoCA it would be on merit of the individual units. Its a shame but they are so overcosted for LoCA. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Yes of course. But other than that?

A Slaanesh Herald on chariot has 6 attacks, leading to 4 MW on average. On the charge he can get even more.

Don´t know if there is anything better.

The two most common are:

- Verminlord Corruptor: 10 attacks, warscroll CA that allow reroll all hits, already has MW on 6s to hit

- The Contorted Epitome: 9 attacks, warscroll spell to reroll 1s to hit

There are a bunch of units with 6 attack weapons and exalted keeper with 7, but they are all worst than the two above.

Hey y'all!

What's the general opinion on the new Slopity Bilepiper in LoCA lists? His new buffs are pretty yummy and since Plaguebearers and Verminlord Corruptor are already staples in the allegiance, I believe he's a good addition. And the new small Battalion is a pretty cheap way to add an artefact and a CP to a list. 

Happy to hear and discuss opinions.

On 3/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, Peegee said:

Hey y'all!

What's the general opinion on the new Slopity Bilepiper in LoCA lists? His new buffs are pretty yummy and since Plaguebearers and Verminlord Corruptor are already staples in the allegiance, I believe he's a good addition.

I think he is a good addition, though I have yet to play a game.

On 3/29/2021 at 8:52 PM, Peegee said:

And the new small Battalion is a pretty cheap way to add an artefact and a CP to a list. 

Happy to hear and discuss opinions.

The Battallion is basically for free, though it´s rather expensive. I´d only run it as

• Piper
  • Scrivener
  • 30 Plaguebearers
  • 10 Plaguebearers

which comes to 710 points if my math is right. I´m not sure wether 290 points in squishy support characters is ok, to me it rather seems to be too expensive.

Though you´re right with the artifact and cp, but the cp can be get for 50 pts and the artifacts don´t seem to be gamechangers at all.

I´m really not sure. I´d like to run a Nurgle – Tzeentch army but I can´t find a suitable list.

8 hours ago, Hannibal said:

which comes to 710 points if my math is right. I´m not sure wether 290 points in squishy support characters is ok, to me it rather seems to be too expensive.

I agree with that, my take being in LoCA (Ruinous Aura) you have the double 5++ ward . But probably it's better in Maggotkin lists where everything synergizes better with them. 

8 minutes ago, Peegee said:

I agree with that, my take being in LoCA (Ruinous Aura) you have the double 5++ ward . But probably it's better in Maggotkin lists where everything synergizes better with them. 

There is no double ward in this game any longer.

13 hours ago, Russ said:

I am not sure we can use the battalion yet. I would hope so but we can’t use the other Nurgle battalions as they do not have LOCA on them.

Oh yes, you´re right. But the pictures I saw in the preview videos didn´t show any allegiance at all. Therefore I´m not sure where you can use them at all. :D

On 3/31/2021 at 4:55 AM, Hannibal said:

I think he is a good addition, though I have yet to play a game.

I do as well, but not paired with a Corruptor.  The Corruptor does so much damage with Fourfold Blade that either +1 attack or 6s -> 1 MW doesn't make a big difference in total damage.  On average, I think it's an extra 2-3 MW.  Its not nothing, but isn't worth 150 pts by itself.

Bilepiper is really going to shine with Plague Drones or Beasts of Nurgle.  Bilepiper represents a big target, so the trick will be figure out how to keep them safe.    This is mitigated in the Nurgle allegiance by being able to summon, but not in LoCA.  I'm guessing this means aggressive play  so your opponent doesn't want to target the Bilepiper.

What I really want is Legion of the First Prince for the extra fight on death spell and regenerating plaguebearers, combined with multiple Bilepipers and as many Plague Drones as will fit.

Bilepiper single-handedly makes the Nurgle battalion (Host of Corruption) worth a look.  With Bilepiper / Scriviner. it might actually work.  Modifying an old list I saw somewhere (can't remember, Discord probably):

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
Sloppity Bilepiper (150)
- Artefact: Armour of the Pact

Spoilpox Scriviner (140)

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (110)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (190)
3 x Plague Drones (190)
3 x Plague Drones (190)

Battalions
Host of Corruption (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

So Bilepiper has a 5+ rerollable save and 5+ DPR and can get +1 save in melee from the Scriviner.  Be'Lakor can regen every unit of Plaguebearers and Plague Drones.  Plenty of Nurgle characters to summon extra Plaguebearers.

I would consider swapping the Verminlord Corruptor for a Contorted Epitome, which would give you the points to swap a Plaguebearer unit for another Sloppity Bilepiper.  The Contorted Epitome's warscroll spell is good and reroll casting help gets the fight on death spells off.

This list probably won't fit in 2k points after BR: Be'Lakor comes out.  I expect Be'Lakor will go up in points dramatically.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming from 40K with a mixed Daemons army, from what I've read so far the LoCA is the correct approach to AoS for me. What battletomes would I need right now? I would wait for BR: Belakor anyway, but would it also make sense to maybe even wait for the net edition alltogether?

9 hours ago, Darnok said:

Coming from 40K with a mixed Daemons army, from what I've read so far the LoCA is the correct approach to AoS for me. What battletomes would I need right now? I would wait for BR: Belakor anyway, but would it also make sense to maybe even wait for the net edition alltogether?

You just need a copy of Wrath of the Everchosen book. All unit warscrolls can be found on the GW website.

Wether it´s better to wait for a next edition or not – you have to decide. Because you really don´t need that much in terms of rules / battletomes, you can start right here. Just the Everchosen book, nothing else. Legion of Chaos Ascendant is one of the cheaper armies right now when it comes down to rules / terrain you have to buy.

10 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

You just need a copy of Wrath of the Everchosen book. All unit warscrolls can be found on the GW website.

Wether it´s better to wait for a next edition or not – you have to decide.

Thanks on the first part, good to know.

As for waiting: on the one hand, WotE seems to have some interesting and unique content, which on the other hand might get incorporated into the base rules come AoS3. I am pretty sure I won't get any gaming in before mid to late summer anyway, so on paper it would be wise to wait...

10 hours ago, Darnok said:

As for waiting: on the one hand, WotE seems to have some interesting and unique content, which on the other hand might get incorporated into the base rules come AoS3. I am pretty sure I won't get any gaming in before mid to late summer anyway, so on paper it would be wise to wait...

I can see your point. And with the high speed release schedule in mind I am doing the same right now. I buy the rules AFTER I finish an army, because I do not want to invest in books I will never use. 40k 8th edition brought that whole rules disaster to a new – formerly unknown – level. These campaign books that were released for quite a few factions became almost invalid shortly after being released. At least a big part of the rules are not useable right now.

Maybe you can get it for cheap on the second hand market. Ruleswise there still is wahapedia. ;)

• Like 2