AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

Hi all, I've thrown together a list with models I currently own (with the exception of the Daemonrift), looking for advice on things to possibly change or add. The intent is to eventually take this to a narrative thing, so I have to avoid named characters, but anything else is fair game. 

+ Leader +

Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury [270pts]

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch [240pts]: 1. Bolt of Ruin, 2. Ruinous Aura, General

Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle [120pts]: 2. Echo of Hatred

Verminlord Corruptor [280pts]: 1. Fourfold Blade, 3. Spirit Gouge

+ Battleline +

Bloodletters [110pts]: 10 Bloodletters

Daemonettes [110pts]: 10 Daemonettes, Banner Bearer(s), Hornblower(s)

Plaguebearers [320pts]: 3x 10 Plaguebearers, Icon Bearer, Piper

+ Other +

Nurglings [200pts]: 2x 3 Nurglings

Plague Drones [200pts]: 3 Plague Drones

Endless Spell: Darkfire Daemonrift [50pts]

++ Total: [1,900pts] ++

Corruptor and a blob of 30 Plaguebearers seem to be solid choices, which is encouraging for stuff I already own. I like the idea of the Gaunt Summoner being the general, I feel like narratively that makes more sense. Still got 100pts spare to tool around with, maybe for Endless Spells, or switching something out- I do also have a GUO knocking around, so that's an option, or one of the Slaanesh leaders for aesthetic reasons... Options abound, really. Thoughts would be welcome.

2 hours ago, Super_Prototype said:

Hi all, I've thrown together a list with models I currently own (with the exception of the Daemonrift), looking for advice on things to possibly change or add. The intent is to eventually take this to a narrative thing, so I have to avoid named characters, but anything else is fair game. 

+ Leader +

Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury [270pts]

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch [240pts]: 1. Bolt of Ruin, 2. Ruinous Aura, General

Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle [120pts]: 2. Echo of Hatred

Verminlord Corruptor [280pts]: 1. Fourfold Blade, 3. Spirit Gouge

+ Battleline +

Bloodletters [110pts]: 10 Bloodletters

Daemonettes [110pts]: 10 Daemonettes, Banner Bearer(s), Hornblower(s)

Plaguebearers [320pts]: 3x 10 Plaguebearers, Icon Bearer, Piper

+ Other +

Nurglings [200pts]: 2x 3 Nurglings

Plague Drones [200pts]: 3 Plague Drones

Endless Spell: Darkfire Daemonrift [50pts]

++ Total: [1,900pts] ++

Corruptor and a blob of 30 Plaguebearers seem to be solid choices, which is encouraging for stuff I already own. I like the idea of the Gaunt Summoner being the general, I feel like narratively that makes more sense. Still got 100pts spare to tool around with, maybe for Endless Spells, or switching something out- I do also have a GUO knocking around, so that's an option, or one of the Slaanesh leaders for aesthetic reasons... Options abound, really. Thoughts would be welcome.

There are a bunch of GHB2020 points changes that you are missing (most in your favor).  Plug your list into warscroll builder to get the updated points.

What do you have available to summon?  If you are building from what you have lying around, I feel that  that will really dictate your hero / battleline choices.  You want to have the right units in reserve for summoning on turns 1 and 2, before anything has died.

You only have one wizard who can cast Darkfire Daemonrift and they aren't that durable.  I would consider that a risk.

I like the inclusion of Nurglings.  They are an interesting scout + tarpit unit with the extra 6+ FNP.  They give you a really annoying way to block off part of the board.

7 hours ago, meatpipeline said:

There are a bunch of GHB2020 points changes that you are missing (most in your favor).  Plug your list into warscroll builder to get the updated points.

What do you have available to summon?  If you are building from what you have lying around, I feel that  that will really dictate your hero / battleline choices.  You want to have the right units in reserve for summoning on turns 1 and 2, before anything has died.

You only have one wizard who can cast Darkfire Daemonrift and they aren't that durable.  I would consider that a risk.

I like the inclusion of Nurglings.  They are an interesting scout + tarpit unit with the extra 6+ FNP.  They give you a really annoying way to block off part of the board.

Oh right, Battle scribe wasn't updated. I'm sitting at 1860 now. 

In terms of summonable lesser daemons, everything I currently own is in the list (barring the random handful of Horrors from Silver Tower) so I'll need to invest in some more before actually running this.

Nurglings are an old favourite, I'm interested to see what they can bring in this allegiance rather than Maggotkin.

As for the Summoner/daemonrift being risky... Yeah, I can see that. Might be more worthwhile bringing unrestricted Endless Spells in that case.

• 1 month later...

I have broken my ankle... 5 pins and a plate later... my legion haven't been and wont be hitting the table for a while.

There is an event on the 6th of feb that I just might be well enough for, it has quirks...

No battleline restriction 

Free anvil of apotheosis of 25 power...

Any suggestions?

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 5:31 PM, backslide said:

I have broken my ankle... 5 pins and a plate later... my legion haven't been and wont be hitting the table for a while.

There is an event on the 6th of feb that I just might be well enough for, it has quirks...

No battleline restriction 

Free anvil of apotheosis of 25 power...

Any suggestions?

No idea about Anvil of Apotheosis... the only thing that I've heard is that Ethereal Save is too cheap.  If that is true, look for mortal wounds.  Also, taking an Ethereal save is good for LoCA, as they get the 6+ FNP. 

I would expect that without a battleline requirement, you are going to see more monster mash lists that are attempting to smash your opponent (rather than capture objectives).  That is what I would do! :)

I don't think LoCA wants to move far away from the batteline requirement, as otherwise it won't have enough bodies to contest objectives.  Relying on summoning for objective holding will eventually backfire. 

So with all that said, I would start by taking your normal list and building a Anvil character specifically for that list.  Once that is done, check at how the list looks...  Does the Anvil character do something important?  Could you better build around that character?  Do you need to rebuild the Anvil character...  feels like having the Anvil character add your list (rather that just being a random unit) is the way to go.

Been catching up a bit on the LoCA situation as I haven't played AoS at all since it was still WFB. I have been cultivating a bunch of different daemon units this year (it's common to play mixed daemons in 40k since the bonuses for going mono-god aren't very compelling), and in the process of trying to learn about factions/allegiances/list building in AoS I found out about the WotE book and this new allegiance.

I've read through this whole thread, but realised that most of the discussion pre-dates the errata from the summer that halves the number of horrors we can summon (and the change to FNP rolls that precludes us from getting "double" durability out of Nurgle units). I suppose what I'm wondering now is if there is anyone still jamming LoCA, and how they are finding it! I'm especially interested in if people are still experimenting with Belakor and his subfaction or just running LoCA as a "goodstuff" allegiance with a LoC as their general or similar.

As I mentioned I still have yet to actually play a game of AoS, so am largely ignorant about the roles the different daemons tend to fill or how they usually work in different matchups, so I'm really just eager to read about games people have played with them!

My experince has been that they can compete in mid level games, but don't do well in matches vs popular meta lists. In my case I've played against Kroak seraphon and Katakros/archaon OBR. The problem I run into is that to win my lists tend to need too much to go right. There's not enough room for error or random chance to really hold up. When the lists work its great, but most of the time I hold ground to t3 and then my lines crumble and things break through or I'm straight tabled. The only thing keeping me in games is using Belakor's ability to hamstring a big threat for 1-2 turns. Which is probably why i end up folding in t3 when theres nothing left to slow the opponents down.

That said, getting 20-30 free pink horrors was too much. Getting 10-15 doesn't feel like enough since you also loose the command of the banner. I'm sure there's some competitive lists out there, but in a shooting meta we don't charge t1, we aren't hyper durable,  and we don't have reliable shooting with synergy. Hard to hold up until things shift as far as i can tell. I'm curious is anyone has had more luck  against seraphon, tzeench, or kharadron. 

Edited by firtahl

On 12/5/2020 at 4:37 AM, Nuriel said:

Sorry if this was disscussed here before... Any ideas for unified color scheme for multi-god Legion of Chaos Ascendant?

Check out @godhand army one page back.

Another idea is to paint each non-Nurgle unit with mostly standard colors, then grunge them up... as if the other gods were partnering to spread Nurgle's rot or were in the process of being corrupted by Nurgle.

Personally, I would keep them in their own color scheme to keep the flavor of the Great Game and keep the army coherent though the basing scheme.

• 4 weeks later...

The Rock Balboa of army lists. It won't kill much but will sit on objectives for years.

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Be'Lakor (240)
Fluxmaster, Herald of Tzeentch on Disc (130)
The Blue Scribes (120)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (220)
10 x Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch (60)
Host of the Arcane (120)
Extra Command Point (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 7:53 AM, VonSmall said:

The Rock Balboa of army lists. It won't kill much but will sit on objectives for years.

Mortal Realm: Ghyran
Be'Lakor (240)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Host of the Arcane (120)
Extra Command Point (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Wounds: 103

Dam it almost have the models for that!

Edit... I  do have the models for that... I would change it round to fit in a viceleader to for her fun spell and summon some daemonettes 

Edited by backslide

Game sunday! 1250 felt like something silly playing a lizardmen army made of mostly saurus knights.

Leaders
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade

Battleline

Units
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
 Pendulum (50)

Total: 1250 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 63

Was hilarious I got double turned and all of the pinks died... not a single save I even failed 10 out of 10 fnp on5+!! Lol but blues and brims still did they job and tied them up even dragging Saurus knights down

Fateweaver failed to cast every spell but arcane bolt in turn 3! Lol

But the number of dice the blues and brims put out started to tell and the crushers managed to charge and do their thing

Pendulum was a fun 50 points!

3 turns 3 attempts and no summoned daemons!

Vice leader was a fun general though 

Tourney is in 2 weeks I'm am gonna stick to the legion of chaos ascendant, thing to remeber about this tourney is no battleline with a free anvil of apotheosis.

Mortal Realm: Aqshy
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (120)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (220)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (220)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)
3 x Plague Drones (190)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (30)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 110

The anvil with be a nurgle daemon wizard with a healing spell to bring back pinks 😀

The drones are new to me but it's an excuse to fix their paint jobs should it be a unit of 6?

I could made the vice leader the contorted empitemy... but means no lifeswarm

Edited by backslide

This is a tempting list. I don't own the Slaanesh side, so I'm thinking of getting 2 SC!Boxes and make due. I mainly play Thricefold, so there will be plenty of Plaguebearers to summon, especially since they went up in points by 10. The battalion is there for the Corruptor to get the Fourfold blade, while being able to make use of Be'lakor resurrections. Only thing I'm questioning is the chariots. Not sure if I should upgrade one to the Exalted, but I do need 2 Slaanesh leaders for the battalion. Alternatively, planning on doing something similar but with the Khorne boxes. Input is appreciated.

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant - Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince LEADERS

Be'Lakor (240) - General - Spell: Echo of Hatred

Rotigus (320) - Spell: Echo of Hatred

Verminlord Corruptor (280) - Artefact: Fourfold Blade - Spell: Echo of Hatred

Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (160)

UNITS

10 x Daemonettes (110)

10 x Daemonettes (110)

5 x Seekers (120)

5 x Seekers (120)

10 x Plaguebearers (120)

BATTALIONS Host of the Depraved (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Extra Command Point (50)

Warp Lightning Vortex (80)

TOTAL: 1990/2000 WOUNDS: 102 (+10 potentially every round)

Edited by Godzilos

12 hours ago, Godzilos said:

This is a tempting list. I don't own the Slaanesh side, so I'm thinking of getting 2 SC!Boxes and make due. I mainly play Thricefold, so there will be plenty of Plaguebearers to summon, especially since they went up in points by 10. The battalion is there for the Corruptor to get the Fourfold blade, while being able to make use of Be'lakor resurrections. Only thing I'm questioning is the chariots. Not sure if I should upgrade one to the Exalted, but I do need 2 Slaanesh leaders for the battalion. Alternatively, planning on doing something similar but with the Khorne boxes. Input is appreciated.

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant - Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince LEADERS

Be'Lakor (240) - General - Spell: Echo of Hatred

Rotigus (320) - Spell: Echo of Hatred

Verminlord Corruptor (280) - Artefact: Fourfold Blade - Spell: Echo of Hatred

UNITS

10 x Daemonettes (110)

10 x Daemonettes (110)

5 x Seekers (120)

5 x Seekers (120)

10 x Plaguebearers (120)

BATTALIONS Host of the Depraved (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Extra Command Point (50)

Warp Lightning Vortex (80)

TOTAL: 1990/2000 WOUNDS: 102 (+10 potentially every round)

Plaguebearers are still 110 points.

You don't need the battalion for the "extra" artifact.  You get one to begin with. 

Legion of the First Prince doesn't force you to make Belakor your general (which is odd, but that is how they wrote it).  You can make the Verminlord Corruptor your general to get a command trait.

It doesn't look to me like you are meeting the battalion requirements.  You need 2-3 Slaanesh Daemon Heros AND 6 Daemonette units.  I don't think you can count the Bladebringers for both categories.

I'd be worried about how much of a target the Verminlord Corruptor ends up being.  It has huge damage output (Fourfold Blade) and is the only caster for Warp Lightning Vortex in your list.  You lose a lot of output when it dies.  The Warp Lightning Vortex casts on an 8 (41% chance without casting bonuses), so it is hard to get off consistently.  With only one caster who is a big target and looking to get into combat, I'm guessing there are games were you won't successfully cast it.... which leaves you with 80 pts you never used.  I'd drop it for a spell everyone can cast, something with a lower casting value.

On the plus side, I like the seekers / bladebringers... when using the battalion you want to make sure you are always charging. 

If I was going to look at making this battalion work in LoFP (and optimizing with Start Collecting Boxes)... I would take A Contorted Epitome and The Masque as my heros.  I would make the Epitome my general so it can have the Ruinous Aura (5+ DPR against wounds, 2+ DPR against MW) AND the the Aqshy realm artifact (6 to hit is 2 hits).  The aura will help protect the other units as they march up the board.  Then the Bladebringers would count as daemonette units (or could be built as chariots if you want the hero slots).  Something like this (I had to drop Rotigus to make it work) with room to spare for an endless spell of your choice:

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
The Contorted Epitome (210)
- General
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Incandescent Rageblade
The Masque (120)

Battleline
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (110)

Units
5 x Seekers (120)
5 x Seekers (120)

Battalions
Host of the Depraved (120)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1910 / 2000
Wounds: 98

I'll work up something with Khorne Start Collecting Boxes when I have the chance.  Building lists is fun!

Edit: The list only has one Nurgle hero, which isn't good if you are trying to summon Plaguebearers. I don't see an easy way to fix that with the requirements of the battalion.

Edited by meatpipeline
Clarifying that summoning PB is less good.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response @meatpipeline

After I posted that, I kept doing research and these were my assumptions:

* I was looking that the Maggotkin errata from 2019, not realizing that GHB 2020 lowered the points :/

*Host of the Depraved (all the hosts, really) call for x amount of <keyword> units and 2-3 heroes. Since the heroes have the keywords, I figured they counted. Seems that is not very clear since I saw some pages back various lists committing the same error. 

*Be'lakor is not required, but his inclusion is so good. Also, his power of shutting down a key unit is clutch. This is why I included him and went for the battalion. 

*Agreed on VLC and WLC. Both sweet on paper, but you pointed out the limitations. 

To me, this army is very cool and lets me branch out with what I got. Its also an exercise of trying to do the most in an economical way by just maximizing what is in two SC!Boxes. I am definitely interested in what you can come up for Khorne. Tzeentch's box does not have enough keywords to make it work for this setting. 

I guess my struggle is which daemons compliment Nurgle the best: Slaanesh with their movement and denial of potential shooting, or Khorne with lesser movement and exploding 6s.  Which one of these 2 can do well without their book's buffs as standalone units?

Hmm, would it be possible to make a good list using Wrath and Rapture as the basis for my army alongside a Demon Prince, Furies and a Gaunt Summoner?

I mostly play Slaves to Darkness and I have been thinking of picking up the last copy of Wrath and Rapture at my local hobby shop but I also feel a little uneasy as I am worried that next edition might place more restrictions towards using Slaves to Darkness in other related chaos factions. But I think having the basis of a cool demon army might mitigate that effect in the end.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Hmm, would it be possible to make a good list using Wrath and Rapture as the basis for my army alongside a Demon Prince, Furies and a Gaunt Summoner?

I mostly play Slaves to Darkness and I have been thinking of picking up the last copy of Wrath and Rapture at my local hobby shop but I also feel a little uneasy as I am worried that next edition might place more restrictions towards using Slaves to Darkness in other related chaos factions. But I think having the basis of a cool demon army might mitigate that effect in the end.

I think the problem you are going to find is that you'll need a large number of battleline deamon units, 3x to build the list and up to 5x for summoning (furies count), then an additional unit to summon with the Gaunt Summoner.  Wraith and Rapture only has 2x units (Daemonettes and Bloodletters) plus your furies, so you are going to need a minimum of 5x more.

I don't anticipate they'll change LoCA much, as it functions off of the daemon keyword.  Slaves to Darkness just got a battletome, so I would expect their unit keywords to stay the same for a while.  Both Demon Princes and Furries are Daemons in 40k, so I doubt they are going anywhere.

When building a LoCA list, I try to keep in mind that the most powerful lists are structured one of two ways:

1. Skewed towards powerful, high cost heroes / units and minimum battleline.  These lists rely on summoning to add bodies.

2. Legion of the First Prince lists with Belakor which try to maximize the command ability to bring back expensive cavalry (Bloodcrushers, Plague Drones, Seeker Chariots, Seekers) or resilient battleline (Plaguebearers, Pink Horrors).

I haven't really seen a list that functions with hordes of daemons, plus summoning... but it could just be undiscovered.  I'd love to see some horde list ideas, if anyone has them.

@Godzilos I haven't found a Korne list I like yet.... unfortunately, the battalion is too restrictive (8 bloodletter units!), too many points, and the benefit isn't that great (e.g. Karanak and Bloodletters already have access to re-roll charges)... at least as it maps to SC boxes.  I'll keep working... hopefully I can have something interesting later tonight. 

To complement Nurgle, I'd look for consistent spell-casting from Tzeench (for endless spells) and high mobility / impact hits from Khorne / Slaanesh.  Nurgle already has resiliency and a good hero to give the Fourfold Blade.

• Thanks 1

@meatpipeline That was exactly what I saw in regards to the Khorne battalion: too expensive both units and pointwise for an ability most Bloodletters come with anyways. Love the models, but doesn't work.  Settled on a Daemonette list using 2 SC!Boxes with Bladebringer on Seeker Chariot x2, Seeker Chariot x2 and Poxbringer as my second Nurgle hero.

I realize the Seeker Chariots don't have the killing power that the Exalted one has, but their job will be to bounce around (as much as their 8/6 wounds allow) harassing and tying up other units, especially shooters, while the Verminlord hero hunts and the Poxbringer caps points with potential summons.

Be'lakor will be Be'lakor and hang back. 

@Godzilos I poked around online and I saw a few mentions of LoCA being run in the Khorne battalion with Be'lakor, 18 blood crushers, 3 skull cannons, 3x10 blood letters, and 2 blood masters.  This would be 3x SC boxes plus 1.5x Bloodcrusher boxes.  Alternatively, 2x SC boxes plus 2x Bloodcrushers would get you close (minus a Skull cannon).

If you are going to max bloodcrushers, then I think it is probably worth trying to get Cogs + Blue Scribes or a Tzeench caster with a one time 3D6, drop the lowest cast (or a Lord of Change).

So for the 2x Khorne SC boxes, I would build a Skull Cannon and Bloodmaster (Herald on Foot) instead of a Bloodthrone.  Both are subpar choices (the bloodthrone seems more useful for the points), but it gets you closer to the battalion, if that is where you want to go.  I wish I could build Skulltakers instead, as they actually deal damage.  I'm skipping the battalion, because it is only good when you have access to units that do something on the charge (e.g. Skullmaster, Bloodcrushers).  The plan is to leave one of the Bloodletters in reserve to summon, then try to YOLO a 9" charge with the Bloodletters reroll charge banner (~48% to charge).  I've included a second Nurgle hero, as the plan is to mostly summon Plaguebearers.  Spoilpox makes PBs them better and is cheaper, so that is where I went.  In order to maximize Belakor's regen ability, I put the Bloodcrushers, Plague Drones, and Skull Cannons all in the same units.  Grouping the skull cannons tries to maximize their kill a model -> shoot again ability.  Gravetide is just because I had points left over.

This list wants another caster, because Legion of the First Prince gets an additional fight-on-death spell.  This is is all the more reason to stay away from Khorne heroes and why I like the Epitome so much.

... it feels like the Bloodmasters / Gravetide are wasted points...

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (90)
- General
- Command Trait: Primordial Commander
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)

Battleline
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (110)
10 x Plaguebearers (110)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (380)
6 x Bloodcrushers (240)

Artillery
Skull Cannons (260)

Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 133

I think my takeaway is that if you are trying to do LoCA in-expensively with Khorne, I would rather look for a used daemon army or buy 2x Boxes of Bloodcrushers (4x units of 3 or 2x units of 6).  I think this list gets more interesting if you have an additional 2x SC boxes of Slaanesh... which I'll poke around with next.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2021 at 4:45 PM, Godzilos said:

@meatpipeline That was exactly what I saw in regards to the Khorne battalion: too expensive both units and pointwise for an ability most Bloodletters come with anyways. Love the models, but doesn't work.  Settled on a Daemonette list using 2 SC!Boxes with Bladebringer on Seeker Chariot x2, Seeker Chariot x2 and Poxbringer as my second Nurgle hero.

I realize the Seeker Chariots don't have the killing power that the Exalted one has, but their job will be to bounce around (as much as their 8/6 wounds allow) harassing and tying up other units, especially shooters, while the Verminlord hero hunts and the Poxbringer caps points with potential summons.

Be'lakor will be Be'lakor and hang back. 

I totally missed that the SC box can be built into so many different combinations of chariots / dudes on chariots.  You can definitely make the battalion out of 2x SC boxes.  That is a good start which will allow you to branching out.

After that you can look to add / adjust your daemonette units to better benefit from Be'lakor's CA or try and branch out into Bloodletters/Horrors.  Horrors are actually pretty easy to add, with Blues being 100 pts.  Blues/Brims come in the same box, so it wouldn't be too costly to add another unit that Be'lakor can bring back.

I'm building towards a Nurgle Daemon army (started AoS a year ago) and you've got me thinking about how I want to branch in LoCA.  I was originally going to be Nurgle based (summoning PB) and adding powerful heroes.  I like the Karanak  target / summon ability.  Here is my target list... thoughts?

Note: I'm using Legion of the First Prince without Be'lakor, because I get the second fight-on-death spell.

Leaders
Great Unclean One (320)
- General
- Plague Flail & Massive Bilesword
- Command Trait: Primordial Commander
Rotigus (320)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
The Contorted Epitome (210)
Karanak (140)

Battleline
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (380)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 114

• Thanks 1

This is what I've settled. For a side army, I've put a lot of thought to make it count. This boils down to 2 SC!, 1 daemonette, and Epitome (which is an awesome warscroll). Be'lakor, in addition to making this a 3 drop, makes the battalion worth it. The fourfold blade can be wielded by the Corruptor or Epitome, but the latter might be better as the Corruptor is the sole Nurgle summoner. I dont think the Slaanesh book will change daemons significantly, but this list is set for now. 

image.png.5cf29702d5e1d5775e95882834eecae1.png

19 hours ago, Godzilos said:

This is what I've settled. For a side army, I've put a lot of thought to make it count. This boils down to 2 SC!, 1 daemonette, and Epitome (which is an awesome warscroll). Be'lakor, in addition to making this a 3 drop, makes the battalion worth it. The fourfold blade can be wielded by the Corruptor or Epitome, but the latter might be better as the Corruptor is the sole Nurgle summoner. I dont think the Slaanesh book will change daemons significantly, but this list is set for now. 

image.png.5cf29702d5e1d5775e95882834eecae1.png

I assume you meant to have Daemonettes instead of Bloodletters :)

I don't think you should make Be'Lakor your general, as you lose out on a command trait.  Just make the Corruptor or Epitome the general.

What are you going to do with your second artifact?  You don't have to lose it because Be'Lakor is your general.

I like grouping the Seekers / Seeker Chariots to make larger rez-able units, as well as using Bladebringers.  I'd recommend giving at least one of your heroes Bolt of Ruin (probably a Bladebringer).  It is better against most units than Arcane Bolt.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, meatpipeline said:

I assume you meant to have Daemonettes instead of Bloodletters :)

I don't think you should make Be'Lakor your general, as you lose out on a command trait.  Just make the Corruptor or Epitome the general.

What are you going to do with your second artifact?  You don't have to lose it because Be'Lakor is your general.

I like grouping the Seekers / Seeker Chariots to make larger rez-able units, as well as using Bladebringers.  I'd recommend giving at least one of your heroes Bolt of Ruin (probably a Bladebringer).  It is better against most units than Arcane Bolt.

@meatpipeline you are correct, Deamonettes in disguise! I did it hastily, so there's the error. So, makiing Be'lakor my general does not nullify my access to the first artifact? Because if so, there is no reason why I would take the battalion (aside from reducing drops). My whole intention is to keep Be'l as the general while giving the Corruptor/Epitome the Fourfold blade. To recap, can I achieve this without investing into battalion?

As far as commands traits go, I think the resurrecting d3 units instead is better.  

On 2/8/2021 at 3:15 PM, Godzilos said:

@meatpipeline you are correct, Deamonettes in disguise! I did it hastily, so there's the error. So, makiing Be'lakor my general does not nullify my access to the first artifact? Because if so, there is no reason why I would take the battalion (aside from reducing drops). My whole intention is to keep Be'l as the general while giving the Corruptor/Epitome the Fourfold blade. To recap, can I achieve this without investing into battalion?

As far as commands traits go, I think the resurrecting d3 units instead is better.  

I forgot that the command ability requires Be'lakor to be your general (which means you miss out on the command trait).  Resurrecting d3 units is better if you have the CP and Be'lakor is still alive.  I'd be interested to hear if your opponents target Be'lakor early or not and how long he generally survives.

You get one artifact, plus one for each battalion.  Each artifact can go to a different hero, they don't have to be your general.  From the core rules, page 17:

'''If the allegiance abilities for your army include any artefacts of power, you can choose or roll for one to be carried by a Hero from your army. You may choose one additional Hero to have an artefact for each warscroll battalion you include in your army. A Hero cannot have more than one artefact of power, and an army may not include duplicates of the same artefact of power.'''

Note: GHB2020 allows you to also take the realm artifact for the realm your army hails.

I don't think you should necessarily avoid the battalion.  It gets you an extra CP, extra artifact, lower drops, and +1 to wound rolls on the charge is pretty good.  For the artifact, I would have the Epitome take either armor of the pact (reroll saves in melee) or the Asqhy realm artifact from GHB2020 (6s to hit are 2 hits).

• Thanks 1