AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

On 12/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, Doomham said:

with the new Maggotkin adding new demons as possibilities i got a rules question:

Can the new Great Unclean One use the Fourfold Blade artifact for his Host of Nurglings attacks or do these not qualify as a melee weapon?

The GUO warscroll refers to that he is "armed with Noxious Bile, a Host of Nurglings and 1 of the following weapon options: [...]"

The Fourfold Blade description says "Pick 1 of the bearer´s melee weapons [...]"

I´d say it will work. Until the next FAQ maybe, but right now it should be fine.

Old list was 1995 pts. I was thinking of dropping  the herald on hellflayer to a herald on seeker chariot to save some points. Then maybe change out the 10 pinks for 10 plaguebearers and 6 furies? That puts me at 2000 points even. Something like this:

- Army Faction: Legion of the First Prince
LEADERS
Be'lakor (360)
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (280)
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)
Kairos Fateweaver (435)
Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (190)
BATTLELINE
5 x Flesh Hounds (105)
5 x Flesh Hounds (105)
10 x Plaguebearers (150)
OTHER
6 x Furies (95)
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Umbral Spellportal (70)
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Edited by t4tcliff

I have a quick question about the units summoned using the Unyielding Legion allegiance ability - the units that are summoned, can they have special members (I.e. Icon Bearers, Musicians etc)?

From my understanding so long as the unit has the correct number to meet the criteria, they can (so the Plaguebearer Unit can have all 3 special members but a Pink Horror unit cannot have the Musician/Icon Bearer (as they don't have 10 members). I've found it difficult to find any rulings on the subject. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

6 hours ago, TerminusRex said:

Has anyone considered using the Voice of Slaanesh in a Legion list?  That massive list of spells gives Kairos a lot of options.

I think Kairos is incapable of casting those as he's missing the required keywords for those spell lores. Maybe someone else can confirm

21 hours ago, t4tcliff said:

I think Kairos is incapable of casting those as he's missing the required keywords for those spell lores. Maybe someone else can confirm

My understanding is that he cannot. In fact, the only spell he can cast is he’s warscroll spell and mystic shield and arcane bolt. He also knows any spells from heroes within a radius. 
However, I’m really not sure as I don’t play Legion…yet. 

On 1/7/2022 at 1:17 AM, t4tcliff said:

Many/most of the spells have no keyword requirements to cast them, the keywords are usually for the target of the spell (or not at all).

Her warscroll says she just knows all those spells. Kairos knows all the spells of any nearby wizard.

1 hour ago, TerminusRex said:

Many/most of the spells have no keyword requirements to cast them, the keywords are usually for the target of the spell (or not at all).

Her warscroll says she just knows all those spells. Kairos knows all the spells of any nearby wizard.

Kairos' scroll says "In addition, while friendly Wizards are wholly within 18" of him, Kairos Fateweaver knows any spells on those Wizards' warscrolls that are possible for him to cast". He can, for example, cast Whipsers of Doubt because it is actually on Synessa's warscroll and doesn't have any other requirements, but he can never cast lore spells because they aren't actually present on the warscrolls.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 9:39 PM, Icetea said:

Hi everyone!

question, I’m close to building a legions list, however am curious why the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is considered to be in the cookie cutter build?

why is he better in Legion as opposed to say Tzeentch?

Because he slaps and also Kairos can use his fate die to change the thirster's to wound roll to 6 for a guaranteed large area mortal wound bomb.

Edited by Tomplex

• 1 month later...

Hello first try to this faction and i would like to ask for a list i want to try. 

- Army Faction: Legion of the First Prince

- Grand Strategy: Beast Master

- Triumph: Inspired

LEADERS

Be'lakor (360)

- Spells: The Master's Command

Great Unclean One (495)

- Bilesword and Bileblade

- Artefacts of Power: Fourfold Blade

The Contorted Epitome (255)

Kairos Fateweaver (435)*

- General

BATTLELINE

10 x Plaguebearers (150)*

10 x Bloodletters (115)*

5 x Flesh Hounds (105)*

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS

1 x Umbral Spellportal (70)

CORE BATTALIONS

- *Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: 1985/2000

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

• 3 months later...

I recently posted something similar to this on the main chaos board, before I saw this thread. I have now had a go at tweaking it with the new battalions and rules etc.

I have never run Legion of the First Prince before so would love to know what folk think. All the netlists I have seen seem to incorporate Kairos and other big moster leaders. Those lists just leave me feeling a bit thin on the ground for bodies so I have tried more of a classic hammer and anvil.

In theory (!) The khorne parts of the list look to charge and kill stuff (probably down a flank) whilst the horrors tar pit up objectives and try not to get in the way of any bounty hunters. I plan to use Be'lakor's summoning to create screens in front of them and aim to kill any opposing bounty hunters with the bloodcrushers & thirster. Meanwhile, Be'lakor does Be'lakor things in the backfield before flying out to mop up at the end. The soulscream bridge is really just there in case there's the possibility of an alpha strike, or just to give me some more movement flexibility.

It's high drops because I have included both Expert Conquerers and Bounty Hunters, but I don't think choice of first turn is massively important here. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong on that.

Allegiance: Legion of the First Prince
- Grand Strategy: Tame the Land
- Triumphs:
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)
- General
- Lore of Ruinous Sorcery: The Master's Command
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage (280)
- Artefact: Armour of the Pact
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (250)*
6 x Bloodcrushers (260)**