AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

On 4/23/2020 at 12:28 PM, Sralo said:

What have people found to be our  best hammer units?
While bloodcrushers seem to be strong, but I've found  they are fragile when not using first prince/heal cmd ability. They are also to dependent on a charge. 

Most of my lists have had 12-18 crushers in part purely because I have them and want to use them 

But I see the legion as having a more attrional playstyle 30 plaugebearers are in alot of my lists too

On 2/15/2020 at 10:16 PM, firtahl said:

I've been playing with list ideas for Be'Lakor. In particular ive been looking for ways to use some of my favorite under powered models. Here is a list that uses skull cannons. The hope is that in combination with Be'Lakor's ability to bring back D3 models with the bloodletter keyword, the cannons will keep coming back. The gaunt summoner will also allow the list to put out some pink horrors that also combo well with the D3 models getting returned. Plaguebearers are there to soak wounds for Be'Lakor.

Trashy list? yes. Lets you kill models and shoot thier skulls back at them? also yes. Let me know if you have any good ideas how to use skull cannons you think would work better then below.

Allegiance: Legion of Chaos Ascendant
- Host of Chaos: Legion of the First Prince
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
- General
- Spell: Echo of Hatred
Skulltaker (120)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Spell: Bolt of Ruin

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
20 x Bloodletters (220)
10 x Bloodletters (110)

Units
3 x Skull Cannons (390)
3 x Skull Cannons (390)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105

Have you tried this? I'm amused at skull cannons coming back...

21 hours ago, backslide said:

Have you tried this? I'm amused at skull cannons coming back...

Not yet, the lock down  occurred before I got it painted and on the table. I should be ready for a game in a few weeks when the quarantine is tentatively scheduled to lift where im at. I post the results and the changes ive made since the first iteration was posted.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 10:28 AM, Sralo said:

What have people found to be our  best hammer units?
While bloodcrushers seem to be strong, but I've found  they are fragile when not using first prince/heal cmd ability. They are also to dependent on a charge. 

All that is true, but I don't see any other non-char units  in our list doing an average of 15 wounds on the charge (10 of them Mortal) for 240pts. Even Mortek Guard aren't safe.

But to answer your question, I reckon the Verminlord Corruptor with the Four-fold Blade is our best hammer (with all his various shenanigans). Dude is nuts.

But the main reason (for me) to take Crushers is the regen from Be'lakor, especially when you've got 3 packs of 6 of them all rerolling those nasty charges. An average of 4 whole Bloodcrushers for a measly command point in any Battleshock phase is pretty damn good.

Our maybe just don't use them as a hammer at all, but as cheap regenerating tarpits of 5 units of 3 each. Then you're getting an average of like 7 whole Bloodcrushers for a command point. Like this:

Be'Lakor (240)
- General
The Changeling (120)
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
Host of Rage (160)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 125

Backslide mentioned an attrition kind of style to the faction. I tend to agree with him. In this list, all the summoned stuff (Horrors, Plaguebearers) just bogs them down along with the Crushers. The only serious, mobile damage is from the Verminlord and the Daemonrift.

Edited by Roark
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Roark said:

All that is true, but I don't see any other non-char units  in our list doing an average of 15 wounds on the charge (10 of them Mortal) for 240pts. Even Mortek Guard aren't safe.

But to answer your question, I reckon the Verminlord Corruptor with the Four-fold Blade is our best hammer (with all his various shenanigans). Dude is nuts.

But the main reason (for me) to take Crushers is the regen from Be'lakor, especially when you've got 3 packs of 6 of them all rerolling those nasty charges. An average of 4 whole Bloodcrushers for a measly command point in any Battleshock phase is pretty damn good.

Our maybe just don't use them as a hammer at all, but as cheap regenerating tarpits of 5 units of 3 each. Then you're getting an average of like 7 whole Bloodcrushers for a command point. Like this:

Be'Lakor (240)
- General
The Changeling (120)
Verminlord Corruptor (280)
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
10 x Bloodletters (110)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
3 x Bloodcrushers (120)
Host of Rage (160)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 125

Backslide mentioned an attrition kind of style to the faction. I tend to agree with him. In this list, all the summoned stuff (Horrors, Plaguebearers) just bogs them down along with the Crushers. The only serious, mobile damage is from the Verminlord and the Daemonrift.

I like it in principle but really needs units of 6 crushers to work maybe even 9s? I'm sure a saw a photo on this thread of someone using a unit of 9

14 minutes ago, backslide said:

really needs units of 6 crushers to work maybe even 9s

Only if you expect them to do damage though. As mentioned, in that list they're just little tarpits in an army of tarpits. And I don't think that's necessarily bad when you've got flying characters and spells who can do a bit of damage themselves, claim objectives etc.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, backslide said:

What endless spells would you recommend for the legion?

I reckon Darkfire Daemonrift is gold, especially with multiple double-casters in almost every LoCA list. Each caster can be a vehicle for annoying little path-blocking Endless Spells (gravetide, palisade et al), which amplify the damage of the Daemonrift. Combine that with enemy (or friendly!) Wizards in the Daemonrift's vicinity, and it becomes a disgusting wrecking ball.

I think Purple Sun and the Aethervoid Pendulum may be good value for the Changeling or Corruptor, who can quickly get into the enemy's lines. Be'lakor needs to be a little more cautious and stay near his Battleline bodyguards.

Stupid list idea...

Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Ritual Knife
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (120)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
5 x Seekers (120)
5 x Seekers (120)
Host of the Depraved (120)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

Because archaon needs to fight twice have a 6up fnp (5up near the general) and plus 1 to wound on the charge And summon daemons...

On 5/5/2020 at 8:26 AM, backslide said:

Stupid list idea...

Archaon the Everchosen (800)
Keeper of Secrets (360)
- General
- Ritual Knife
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (120)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
5 x Seekers (120)
5 x Seekers (120)
Host of the Depraved (120)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

Because archaon needs to fight twice have a 6up fnp (5up near the general) and plus 1 to wound on the charge And summon daemons...

Please, read the Legion of the First Prince again. :) Thanks

37 minutes ago, backslide said:

Why what did I miss

If I tell you, you won´t read it again.

But...

Be´lakor must be general in Legion of the First Prince. And you can´t choose comand trait for belakor because is a unique miniature. :)

Edited by tato492

42 minutes ago, tato492 said:

If I tell you, you won´t read it again.

But...

Be´lakor must be general in Legion of the First Prince. And you can´t choose comand trait for belakor because is a unique miniature. :)

Why the attitude? I dont follow 

Especially because that's not what its says

No where does it state he must be your general

Simply you cant use the command ablity since hes not your general.

It does give the spell lore though, and masters command is an amusing spell

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tato492 said:

Please, read the Legion of the First Prince again.

3 hours ago, tato492 said:

Be´lakor must be general in Legion of the First Prince.

You should read it again yourself mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my journey through Chaos started with a few Beasts of Chaos, started liking the Tzaangor more and more which got me buying some Horrors and Tzeentch heroes. Now I'm trying to decide between going full Tzeentch or a mixed Daemons army through LoCA. I'm not super competitive, but have you guys had fun playing a mix of the gods? I've always loved the demons more than mortals, and the hobbying variety of a mixed army seems exciting too, just unsure on how playstyle compares. It seems maybe more straightforward than Tzeentch with less abilities and spells to figure out? Will I feel too hindered playing this alliance compared to one with a battletome? 

5 hours ago, Wired4War said:

I'm not super competitive, but have you guys had fun playing a mix of the gods? I've always loved the demons more than mortals, and the hobbying variety of a mixed army seems exciting too, just unsure on how playstyle compares. It seems maybe more straightforward than Tzeentch with less abilities and spells to figure out? Will I feel too hindered playing this alliance compared to one with a battletome? 

I think due to Covid-19 nobody really got enough experience to justify a solid advice.

These days I´m more a collector / painter than a (competetive) player and therefore the Chaos Ascendant list is everything I could have hoped for. The basis of my collection is Nurgle but I always struggled to find a Nurgle Daemon list I really liked. Not enough offense. In 40k I could play Nurgle / Tzeentch combo and now I can play it in AoS too. It´s great!

Modelwise all gods offer some really good looking models and now I can run them without the need of "2000 points mono god". In addition: no special piece of terrain, small number of special rules. I like it.

Even if it won´t be the best, for those 1 game in 3 months opportunities it´s good.

And you can still branch out to all these god specific armies once your collection is large enough. Really, it´s just a matter of which models you like to move.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, Gutpile said:

Does anyone use BattleScribe to create these lists? I'm trying but don't see any entries for things like Verminlords or Gaunt Summoners. Is the BattleScribe data wrong or am I doing something wrong?

I'll have a go with battlescribe I tend to stick to asur 2nd warscroll builder