AoS 2 - Legion of the First Prince Discussion (Belakor)

Duke of Gisoreux

On 8/8/2021 at 8:44 AM, C.A.O.S said:

Because from practice, i see that generally speaking i have a lot of difficulties mantaining 20 pink wholly 8" from a small base daemon prince. It is more important on the heroes, but in general, since i summon only pink, recover 2/3 pink per battleshock (so 5/6 in a single turn) is still very strong, and allow me to utilize the daemon prince better. 

Mh it's a different kind of list. I prefer have the 5+ ward because makes be'lakor near unkillable and protectecs your other heroes. In my list pink horrors are the other wounds of Be'lakor (the other battlines are 2x5 flesh hounds).

26 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

Mh it's a different kind of list. I prefer have the 5+ ward because makes be'lakor near unkillable and protectecs your other heroes. In my list pink horrors are the other wounds of Be'lakor (the other battlines are 2x5 flesh hounds).

Yes, of course. The last match I have played I had on table 5 units of pink horrors (3 summoned). In that moment, each battleshock phase I recovered 4 pink, 8 per turn. It means 40 wounds added. Obviously is not mandatory to summon pink and play the game in that way, but I've found it coherent with my play style. 75

I think this was mentioned before but can I get clarification on Belakor's first damned Prince ability? Chiefly what exactly counts for un/allocated wounds.

Say he is within range of a lesser daemon unit. Does the following work?

He gets wounded - he takes his save - unsaved wounds are multiplied by damage characteristic. Then he takes any ward saves.

At this point he can try to pass off unallocated wounds on a 4+. If this fails he suffers the damage. If it succeeds the unit that now has a wound allocated to it and can take a ward save. If this fails the unit then takes the wound. 

Is this correct? It appears to be how it is written in the new core rules.

Cheers.

As I understand it:

1) opponent rolls to hit

2) opponent rolls to wound

3) roll Be’lakor’s save (4+)

4) generate Damage

5) roll to allocate wounds to other unit

6) roll Ward saves for each affected unit (Be’lakor and chosen unit)

7) allocate wounds 

01E7B2AA-1E90-4042-B2F6-A50F6D8FAC5F.jpeg

BC06D920-76D3-4892-8900-EBD83B22AE44.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, Russ said:
On 8/10/2021 at 7:49 PM, Russ said:

As I understand it:

1) opponent rolls to hit

2) opponent rolls to wound

3) roll Be’lakor’s save (4+)

4) generate Damage

5) roll to allocate wounds to other unit

6) roll Ward saves for each affected unit (Be’lakor and chosen unit)

7) allocate wounds 

Yup, just like this.

Quick write up from my event yesterday with the Alliance Open in The Netherlands.

Ranking was done on Wins first then Tournament Points in a 20-0 system. Each 2VPs in game more than opponent was 1 VP extra. So a score of 20VPs Vs 10 VPs would be a 10 point difference meaning a tournament point scoring of 15-5.

I took the following list:

Allegiance: Legion of the First Prince
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)**
- Lore of Ruinous Sorcery: The Master's Command
Kairos Fateweaver (435)*
- Lore of Ruinous Sorcery: The Master's Command
The Contorted Epitome (255)*
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210)*
- General
- Axe
- Command Trait: Ruinous Aura
- Artefact: Armour of the Pact
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (215)**
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (215)**
10 x Plaguebearers (110)**

Endless Spells & Invocations
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
The Burning Head (20)

Core Battalions
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1950 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 73
Drops: 4

Game 1 Vs Sons of Behemat (Taker Tribe)

List: Kraken Eater x2 (Gen: 5++, -1 hit Trait), 1x3 Mancrushers, 3x1 Mancrushers

Scenario: Savage Gains

Normally I’d feel super confident going into this matchup as I dictate a lot of the movement, however with taker tribe and gaining 4 points for taking my home objective it was a much closer game.

Opponent took the first turn as expected but didn’t run up to my home objective. Instead kicking his sideways and stacking most of that side to hold 2 objectives.

My turn created the Pink wall to block him getting to me and sent Epitome and Be’lakor after the other flank. It took me 2 turns with magic etc to kill everything there.

I took turn 3 forgetting the burn objective rule which forced me to go for him now. I made it into his lines and the epitome, be’lakor, DP and the world of horror shooting made short work of the mancrushers. I just ignored the general who I was never going to kill.

Result: In the end it was a 15-5 win, however it should have been bigger as I forgot to use Be’lakors ability the entire game lol…oops.

1.jpg.e50996eb9cff1e4d6d2b2b07182b5109.jpg

2.jpg.64c568b2a915a58bf69d1e4c9c945b1e.jpg

Game 2 Vs LRL (Syar)

List: Lord Regent, Cathallar, Windmage, 30/10/10 Wardens, 30 Sentinels, 2x5 Dawnriders, 1 Allopex

Scenario: Feral Foray

I took turn one on this one – mainly to get up the DP command ability and to score ferocious advance with 3 monsters. It would also mean a potential double be’lakor on the sentinels. I mainly defended the 2 objectives and the army just doesn’t spread out well.

His turn 1 he got speed of light on sentinels, ran them along with dawn riders and Allopex to sit off my side objective with just the plaguebearers on it.

He won the roll off for turn 2 and took it, meaning the sentinels were be’lakored for two turns. Sadly they were able to shoot in the shooting phase and did 7 wounds to Kairos. No big deal with lifeswarm.  He was able to take my objective from the PBs and burnt it.

This left me needing to push a bit. With 2 monsters I had way more potential for battletactics and kept this in mind. I got gift off on the sentinels who, being in shining company, could only pile in 1” meaning the spawn was safe until his turn. I swung be’lakor and epitome up the flank to go for his side objective and took it, leading to a big grind in the middle. I won the roll for turn 3 and gave it away in order to burn one of his objectives as well as keeping the sentinels busy for a turn with the spawn. There really wasn’t much he could do here – Kairos blocked the teleport spell and the flanking force couldn’t get through the horror units.

After this point the game turned into a slow grind with me taking his side objective and burning it leaving him with 1 left and scoring more points for turns 4 & 5.

Result: 16-4

3.jpg.9a0d473f23da6d34995f4704a8842ded.jpg

4.jpg.0ad248267a7c2d4d3799d90a1973efd7.jpg

Game 3 Vs Sylvaneth (Winterleaf)

List: Alarielle, Branchwraith, Treelord Ancient, 3x5 Tree Revs, 2x10 Dryads, 2x3 Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes

Scenario: First Blood

This list was really interesting as I’d only played sylvaneth on a handful of occasions. Some key highlights being that the Ancient CA gives everyone within 12” of hime (or the Kurnoths) +1 save and he can make a unit (aka Alarielle fight twice back to back in a combat phase). The CA combo’d with all out defense and mystic shield meant that allarielle just wouldn’t die.

He gave me turn one and I pushed up the board to block out tree positioning and to get pinks onto objectives in preparation for the storm that was to come.

Essentially he took the right objective, I the left and we fought over the middle. I pushed the DP into Allarielle, the Treelord and a unit of Hunters for 4 rounds of combat before they eventually spiked with their mortal wound output and killed him. I had been afraid of commiting Be’lakor to the fight with Allarielle because of her auto kill ability so he was mostly relegated to killing hunters and dryads.

I was up quite a bit in the first part of the game as I was able to win the roll for Turn 3 and burnt his side objective. Eventually however Allarielle spotted a gap, used her ability to retreat and charge in order to kill a the plaguebearers and then pile into Kairos behind and kill him. This wasn’t until turn 4 however and at that point I had the game in the bag.

Result: a tight fought 13-7 win.

5.jpg.34ff4e61834c5351db53f6d781bb4c0c.jpg

6.jpg.7c367613d7209998b6322b6c5ac7fca6.jpg

Key take reflections:

·         Love the list – still firmly believe it isn’t as good as Tzeentch. Kairos failed to cast gift way too many times so I always wondered if there was a better choice out there.

·         Damage output is an issue if you were playing in purely a tournament points (aka 20-0) system rather than wins being more important. If it was a 20-0 system I’d definitely be running some sort of alpha strike system.

·         Epitome was the MVP by a mile – what a force multiplier she was. Was always afraid she’d die though.

·         Allarielle is an absolute beast – be afraid of her.

·         Don’t forget Be’lakor’s ability lol

In the end three of us finished on 3 wins. I was the lowest scoring TP of the three so ended up third.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

And yet another kick in the gut. For defense there can be something said. In our Legion we get the 6+ FNP and now a 5+ save with it. We lose the re-roll bravery against enemies though. We have to pick Petty Vengeance OR Split and Split Again, at army selection. So this takes away some strategical choice midgame. Split and Split again... against armies that have a lot of slain model trigger abilities, it's good, because it only triggers when brims are being slain. But for us... think about Rally. You can now only bring back brimstone horrors. They literally took away 2 of our abilities, intrinsic 6+FNP and +1 to hit when the horrors unit is 20 models or more. The worst of all is of course the banner. In a legion of the first prince army, your banners are now void, they are a carcass. Think about this. You were able to return D6 pinks(brims with the current ruling of Split and Split Again ability) on the battleshock roll of a 1. Now we get a whopping nothing, because we aren't disciples of tzeentch and don't use fate points. The Iridescent gets a 3 extra magical flame attacks and 1 extra Taloned Hands attack. That's nice I guess. Oh and we can't be a wizard anymore and don't have a spell as a result. Petty Vengeance is now better at least. on 3+ and 4+ on pinks, rather than 5+, if you pick it (during army composition) over being able to Split and Split again. Ha... 

e09463fd40a723f5ccec288e70b1e70b.png

Horrors have gotten weaker for 1st Prince armies, but they were pretty OP with many outstanding rules issues. They are still a 50 wound unit that has the first 30 wounds unbreakable. Even 5 man units are practically 25 wound unbreakable speed bumps.

They make an interesting army choice if taking 5+ fnp trait as Be'lakor ability doesn't really work on them if picking split again

Best thing apart from unbreakable is that I can play them now, without a conversation on how they should be played. 

On 8/23/2021 at 12:27 PM, VonSmall said:

Quick write up from my event yesterday with the Alliance Open in The Netherlands.

Amazing write up. Really good to see a Legion army doing well in a tournament.

I mostly wanted to make this post because I had coincidentally made a list near-identical to yours, and really enjoyed the fact that I was not going crazy after hours of theory-crafting.

- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADERS

Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360) - General - Lore of Ruinous Sorcery: The Master's Command

Kairos Fateweaver (435) - Lore of Ruinous Sorcery: The Master's Command

The Contorted Epitome (255) - Artefact: Fourfold Blade - Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince (210) - Axe - Artefact: Armour of the Pact - Mark of Chaos: Khorne

UNITS

20 x Bloodletters (230)

20 x Bloodletters (230) 

10 x Plaguebearers (110)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Emerald Lifeswarm (60) Umbral Spellportal (70) The Burning Head (20)

CORE BATTALIONS

*Command Entourage - Magnificent *

*Battle Regiment

ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact

TOTAL: 1980/2000 WOUNDS: 93 LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 3/3 ALLIES: 0/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4

The biggest thing I changed after looking at your post was my Warlord and Vanguard core battalions to the Command Entourage and Battle Regiment. I enjoy the fewer drops over the two free CP. And yes I do know that Pink Horrors are clearly better than Bloodletters, but my bloody bois are fully painted and Horrors are expensive.

One last thing I had considered trading out was the Contorted Epitome for a Bloodthirster of Insen. Rage for the obvious combo with Kairos. But your appraisal of the Epitome has me at a crossroads. What are your thoughts?

2 hours ago, Champasaur said:

The biggest thing I changed after looking at your post was my Warlord and Vanguard core battalions to the Command Entourage and Battle Regiment. I enjoy the fewer drops over the two free CP. And yes I do know that Pink Horrors are clearly better than Bloodletters, but my bloody bois are fully painted and Horrors are expensive.

One last thing I had considered trading out was the Contorted Epitome for a Bloodthirster of Insen. Rage for the obvious combo with Kairos. But your appraisal of the Epitome has me at a crossroads. What are your thoughts?

Interestingly I only out dropped one of my opponents. Lists tended to be 9+ drops or 1/2 drop so having the 4 drops did get me thinking about whether a Warlord & Hunters would be better.

I'm also really tempted by the potential explosion damage of the BT. Just naturally rolling 1 6 combo'd with Kairos becomes 8 mortal wounds explosion which could potentially be game ending. Combo'd with fight on death spell too and top bracket CA is very scary. The reason I like Epitome so much was threefold:

* With re-roll to cast she is generally getting off her spells - I'll typically cast spell portal from her as it's one less spell for Kairos to wiff on.

* Her 4+ aura gives you a shot at negating a big monster / unit for an entire combat phase.

* Finally (and probably most importantly) She makes the rest of your army better - re-rolling 1s to hit with Be'lakor with All Out Attack or Titanic Dual means he is a reliable damage dealer in an army that can struggle to reliably do damage, as well as re-rolling attacks for the DP who hits on 2s on the charge and even horrors shooting.

That's without even her own attacks which you never rely on. She wiffs more often than she spikes so I never just throw her in hoping for a spike.

12 hours ago, VonSmall said:

Interestingly 

Personally I just feel so nervous bringing the Epitome in because they are so expensive for the amount of wounds/bad save they have. The Bloodthirster has 7 more wounds, a better save, and if you take the Amulet of Destiny (with the new FAQ) you can have a 5+, 6+ negate after armor saves. Although I do agree the utility and ability to enhance your army with rerolling 1s is almost too good to pass in 3.0. 

On 8/28/2021 at 9:51 AM, Creamster said:

Horrors have gotten weaker for 1st Prince armies, but they were pretty OP with many outstanding rules issues. They are still a 50 wound unit that has the first 30 wounds unbreakable. Even 5 man units are practically 25 wound unbreakable speed bumps.

They make an interesting army choice if taking 5+ fnp trait as Be'lakor ability doesn't really work on them if picking split again

Best thing apart from unbreakable is that I can play them now, without a conversation on how they should be played. 

Are you kiddin me??! Same cost, but:

-+1 save!

- unbreakable until 35 wounds!!

- don't trigger "slain models abilities" until 31wounds

- Iridescent shots +3 hits

- +1 to hit in melee

And that's it. They lost something, but nothing useful in particular. and I can assure you that every player I met, who wanted to steal my objectives, had to put in a lot of effort (SOB, Sylvaneth, OBR, Vyrkos, ecc).
Imagine now.

5 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

Are you kiddin me??! Same cost, but:

I'm not kidding, they are weaker now. Dont get me wrong they are very good for the cost. but you cannot bring back non brimstones with be'lakors blooded sky trait.

The rest of your bullet points are not really relevant, apart from unbreakable (and you could do the same with a command point).

Edited by Creamster
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Creamster said:

I'm not kidding, they are weaker now. Dont get me wrong they are very good for the cost. but you cannot bring back non brimstones with be'lakors blooded sky trait.

The rest of your bullet points are not really relevant, apart from unbreakable (and you could do the same with a command point).

+3 shots and +1 save is irrelevant? Dude, I don't know your local meta, but here, as I writen, must armies struggle capture my objectives. And now they are even more tanky!
(our allegiance do not have abundance of CP, so 2/3 at turn; so the bravery trick is also nuts). 

If you put Be'lakor to be the general of your army you miss one of the most powerful trait of the game right now: of course I'm talking about of Ruinous Aura
As I said before in this topic, the phylosophy of "Lifeswarm + Rally + Be'lakor general" is one of the ways of listing, but for me is cumbersome. 
You must cast and maintain the lifeswarm, you must roll 3+ and D3 and you don't wanna be charged. And don't forget you must own a lot of horrors. A LOT.

My way is: Kairos+Khorne DP+ Be'lakor and "zone out" the enemy. I go All in on the best charactersistic the Legion have (zoning), not even SoB can do much if the player isn't skilled enough (true story).

Edited by Holy_Diver

• 4 weeks later...

Horrors are still good now, not having to babysit a unit with a command point to keep it from taking battleshock is amazing, especially if you have multiple units getting hit in the same round. The banner didn’t really help very much before because either I wouldn’t roll a 1 in LotFP OR the opponent would do 12+ wounds to me and I wouldn’t have a banner anyways. Even mid grade units could remove 10 pinks on a charge. Summoned units of pinks wouldn’t have a banner anyways. 

that being said I am still keeping pinks in my list and I am flirting with plaguebearers and sloppity. I am going to a side board tourney soon and I plan on having a unit of pinks and enchantress interchangeable with sloppity and 20 plaguebearers as sloppity doesn’t work so well against shooting lists but his pile in combo works really well against melee reliant armies. 

Last weekend we attened the London GT Bloodtithe Team Tournament - here's a little write up!

As a bit of background, Bloodtithe was a 32 team (128 player) AoS 3.0 event held in London. There were no list restrictions other than no duplicate Warscrolls, Triumphs or Grand Strategies within the team. List wise it was a total filth fest with nearly half of all the armies being taken belonging to 5 factions (15 SoB, 12 DoK, 11 Seraphon, 11 LRL & 10 SBGL) with an average drop count of 4.5 drops per army.

Scoring for the event was capped at 70-20 and used the following system:

image.png.9a8944003b94b549ce0153cf4d45e3fa.png

We went as 4 old friends more for the social side than with any hopes of doing well. We took none of the top 5 most represented armies. Our OBR and Sylvaneth player are both very new to the game and have essentially been playing for a month before we started. As a reasonably competitive player I was still aiming for 2 round wins as I felt we had it in us. The lists we ran were:

image.png.5d961627cb86815497ad9aec633ded4f.png

ROUND 1 – FIRST BLOOD

Vs Leodis Legion

image.png.04723415fa69dfbc1e91bc1550fa902d.png

PAIRINGS& RESULTS (Our lists first):

OBR Vs Ogors (Result: 2 – 20 LOSS)

Ogors Vs SoB  (Result: 20 – 2 WIN)

Sylvaneth Vs LOFP (Result: 2 – 20 LOSS)

LOFP Vs DoK (Result: 20 – 2 WIN)

OVERALL RESULT: 44 – 44 DRAW (!)

Summary: Brilliant first round against 4 top guys meant we started the event off with a confidence building draw for the team. Highlight for me was using the bridge to teleport a unit of horrors from one corner of the board to the opposite to steal an objective.

ROUND 2 – VEINS OF GHUR

Vs Team Fact

image.png.1d2960bffbf4da570dd434849a3110f7.png

OBR Vs Tzeentch (Result: 3 – 20 LOSS)

Ogors Vs CoS  (Result: 2 – 20 LOSS)

Sylvaneth Vs IJ (Result: 4 – 20 LOSS)

LOFP Vs SBGL (Result: 20 – 2 WIN)

OVERALL RESULT: 29 – 62 LOSS

Summary: A tough round against a really solid team. Sadly, we bussed our OBR into the Tzeentch Archaon as we had other players who auto lost against it. I learnt after the round that their SBGL was bussed into me (though I think it was actually an ok matchup for them). Irondrakes were just too much for the stonehorns and our Sylvaneth player lost by a single VP in the end. Lots of lessons learnt and onto round 3!

ROUND 3 – POWER IN NUMBERS

Vs C U Next Tournament

image.png.419637e09e797c17819bc803f8a149e3.png

OBR Vs Seraphon (Result: 2 – 20 LOSS)

Ogors Vs FEC  (Result: 20 – 4 WIN)

Sylvaneth Vs Nurgle (Result: 20 – 0 WIN)

LOFP Vs SCE (Result: 20 – 1 WIN)

OVERALL RESULT: 62 – 25 WIN

Summary: The C U Next Tournament team were brilliant (and the eventual winners of the Best Sports Prize). Three of the games were played in a friendly, chilled out way with lots of drinking. The fourth game was played in the loosest sense of the word as their player, having consumed every cocktail on the menu at the bar the night before and then continuing throughout the day, fell asleep at the table before going to the toilet and failing to get back to the table, instead passing out on the sofa. Our guy hadn’t realised he fell asleep as the opponent was wearing sunglasses(!) and the next day told how he had closed his eyes only to open them again to see loads of forests on the board. So, we ended 1 on WIN/DRAW/LOSS

ROUND 4 – SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

Vs Amherst Defenders

image.png.a4327314f471c988b9551c4d3d4c7d72.png

OBR Vs SBGL (Result: 3 – 20 LOSS)

Ogors Vs FEC (Result: 20 – 4 WIN)

Sylvaneth Vs Ogors (Result: 20 – 1 WIN)

LOFP Vs DoK (Result: 20 – 4 WIN)

OVERALL RESULT: 63 – 29 WIN

Summary: Another great round against some tough opponents. The matchups went really well for us and we very nearly got 4 wins. Highlight/lowlight of the round had to be Allarielle putting 2 stonehorns into her dagger and me failing to summon any daemons (to be fair I forgot the first turn!) At this stage we had exceeded our pre-tournament goal and were sat on 2 Wins, 1 Draw and 1 Loss. Surely we couldn’t win the last round too?!

ROUND 5 – FERAL FORAY

Vs Angel

image.png.960cd8173b991c1af45b8de7f5b55646.png

OBR Vs STD (Result: 4 – 20 LOSS)

Ogors Vs LOFP (Result: 20 – 3 WIN)

Sylvaneth Vs Ogors (Result: 20 – 0 WIN)

LOFP Vs SoB (Result: 20 – 4 WIN)

OVERALL RESULT: 64 – 27 WIN

Summary: So, the final round was against the Angel boys, a very competent team with some tough lists to face. Again, we felt the pairings went really well for us with only 2 stonehorns for Allarielle to crunch through, 4 stonehorns going into LOFP with re-roll charge command ability, control from me Vs SoB and a brick wall of bodies vs 3 units of Varanguard and Archaon. In the end we once again could have nearly scored 4 wins if not for a priority roll in the OBR Vs STD game.

OVERAL SUMMARY

We had done it though; losing only 1 round the whole event and were over the moon considering what we had taken and the experience level we were up against. Overall, we finished 5th and a single TP behind 4th. I can’t speak highly enough about my team mates who all played out of their socks to grind our wins over near losses. All in, we gained 22 TPs from loss bonus points which turned out to be huge.

From a personal perspective I was pleased with my play, facing off against the big hitters of SoB and DoK and coming out with 5 wins. I’m calling it now that the Soulscream Bridge finds its way into a lot more lists very soon. It was absolutely amazing and directly helped me win 3 of my games.

Team SYM will definitely be back next year.

Hey folks, finally got my first game in last night with legion, coming from slaanesh it made sense to expand into this. 

had a hell of a lot of fun, my biggest concern is the damage output, granted I was playing nighthaunt so no rend but I just couldn’t bring him down, won the game thanks to all the movement and charge debuffs I kept on him. 

Is this normal for the army or did i have an off night with the dice? 

My list was;

daemon prince general with armor artifact and ruinous aura trait 

Epitome with fourfold

be’lakor

kairos

the changeling

plaguebearers 10 x2

ponk horrors 10 x1

spell portal and life swarm 

Searching for ideas about list for 1k tournament

My main army is StD, but i also have Belakor, StD Daemon Prince, 10 Horrors and Fatemaster.

I want to go with LoFP on this tournament and i looking what i must buying for this list.

I can buy Epitome, Invidian Plaguehost or blazing Cavalcade for 10 more horrors, but its very difficult because of exprensive for points units on 1k list if i trying to make heroes combo.

I need an advice, what better to add and which list to building is better or maybe better to break this ideas and go on tournament with StD.  

3 hours ago, Scarband said:

Searching for ideas about list for 1k tournament

My main army is StD, but i also have Belakor, StD Daemon Prince, 10 Horrors and Fatemaster.

I want to go with LoFP on this tournament and i looking what i must buying for this list.

I can buy Epitome, Invidian Plaguehost or blazing Cavalcade for 10 more horrors, but its very difficult because of exprensive for points units on 1k list if i trying to make heroes combo.

I need an advice, what better to add and which list to building is better or maybe better to break this ideas and go on tournament with StD.  

I´d say you should have a look on Fleshhounds which are now battleline, in fact these are the least expensive battleline you can bring. In addition due to their large bases they´re good screens and their speed is something the army usually lacks. But I do not have any play experience with that unit, it´s just a matter of theory crafting (and, well, a comparison to chaos warhounds which I regularly use).

That being said IMO if you like to be as competetive as you are able to, maybe you shouldn´t run an unknown army. On the other hand, if you enter the tourny to have some fun, just grab what you think is cool. I´m running LotfP due to the possibility to use all my daemons (mainly Nurgle) in one force with a different set of rules.

I regularly use 20 Plaguebearers supported by a Bilepiper. That´s quite a good unit to use, but it already comes to 350 points.

For fun I´d run the following or something similar:

- Grand Strategy: None Chosen
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle (130)
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (360)

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (220)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Flesh Hounds (105)

Units
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (175)

Total: 990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 55
Drops: 5

Edited by Hannibal

Thanks for advice, so for 1000 points is only for fan lists.

Maybe its good idea to take nurgle units. Thinkig to get on 1000:

Belakor

Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle

10 Plaguebearers

10 Plaguebearers

10 pinks of horrors

Endless Spell: Emerald swarm